Character

Character matters. Our top three character guys were our first three picks this weekend. Jeff Thomas and Trevon Hill still haven’t found a team.

We were excited at the time, but in retrospect, the culture was poisoned when Manny did the following:

1) Convinced Jarren to stay;
2) Signed an OC with the idea that he would “fix” Jarren and the other QBs;
3) Begged Jeff to come back;
4) Signed Hill after he got kicked out of another program;
5) Signed Tate after he quit another program; and
6) Tweet bragged about all of the above.

We need to learn our lesson going forward. There are no short-cuts. The only way to build a culture is to be careful and consistent about who you let in the building. That is the secret at Clemson.
I sure hope he learned. Rookie mistake

Advertisement
When was the season ruined then big shot? With the schedule Miami had, I expected a pretty good season before and even after the Florida game. But after Unc, I knew there was no chance for them to recover from that and obviously they never did.

When they were eliminated from going to Charlotte. So, what? Week 11?

Mother of God. That saved us from greater humiliation. If we played Clemson, they win 69-0 and no I’m not being an ******* saying “69”. They legit would have scored 69 points.

Yeah, I know. I’m really weird. I want as much success for the causes I support as possible. It’s a strange concept, but it’s worked for me thus far.

Sure. Plenty of guys with “character” issues got drafted over the weekend. Bottom line is that their production outweighed their perceived lack of character. JT & Hill’s production didn’t.

Miami has been a total **** show on offense for YEARS. Most of our WRs have gone undrafted or in late rounds. Check the numbers. We have been awful. JT would have been better off going somewhere else for multiple reasons - production, location, and mentoring.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

has zero to do with character

Advertisement
Character and conscience go had in hand and the lack of both always shows its self when pressure is on and causes failure and hopes to fade.

I quote Ray Lewis "FEEL MY PASSION" we will not lose this Super Bowl .

GOCANES

Character and conscience go had in hand and the lack of both always shows its self when pressure is on and causes failure and hopes to fade.

I quote Ray Lewis "FEEL MY PASSION" we will not lose this Super Bowl .

GOCANES

THETA is at play. Early life experiences and trauma have meaning. It’s much less about character - and more about behaviors based on self reinforced thoughts & emotions. Those behaviors become our personality. Making it out of ESTL takes a TON of character. JT just has to address his programmed behaviors. It’s not about his lack of character.

But it’s cute to write about it when you/I haven’t actually had to deal with the trauma. There’s a lot of gray involved....

We're passing on **** of a linebacker (Terrence Lewis who looks like he is heading to Tennessee) for this very character issue, so there is a signal that Manny has a stronger vision of his locker room moving forward

We played that Florida team TWO(?) years in a row before Urban arrived!! Are you guys on meds? Go back and watch the fugging Bowl game the year before Meyer arrived. Florida’s WRs were sliding trying not to get hit. Two(?) years later they won the NC. LMAO.

GTFOOH about “they wanted to win”... The core of that team was soft *** fugg BEFORE Urban arrived. Soft as fugg. URBAN changed their mindset. Period. Just like MULLEN took a 4 WIN team, led by Felipe 😂 and made them a 10/11 win team.

LEADERSHIP.

You cats are trying to rewrite history that’s already captured on tape.
Chad Jackson- then the Pats took him in the second round. WTF?

Advertisement
THETA is at play. Early life experiences and trauma have meaning. It’s much less about character - and more about behaviors based on self reinforced thoughts & emotions. Those behaviors become our personality. Making it out of ESTL takes a TON of character. JT just has to address his programmed behaviors. It’s not about his lack of character.

But it’s cute to write about it when you/I haven’t actually had to deal with the trauma. There’s a lot of gray involved....

I keep going back and reading this about ME being CUTE NOT KNOWING OR DEALT WITH TRAUMA......

I'LL MAKE IT QUICK AND WON'T READ THIS AGAIN OR TYPE ANY MORE ON THIS SUBJECT ABOUT NOT KNOWING TRAUMA......

I WOULD "NOT" WISH THE LIFE I LIVED AND SUFFERED THROUGH AS A VERY YOUNG CHILD ON ANYBODY EVEN MY WORST ENEMY THEN AGAIN LATER WITH MY DAUGHTER @RVACane .

GOCANES

I keep going back and reading this about ME being CUTE NOT KNOWING OR DEALT WITH TRAUMA......

I'LL MAKE IT QUICK AND WON'T READ THIS AGAIN OR TYPE ANY MORE ON THIS SUBJECT ABOUT NOT KNOWING TRAUMA......

I WOULD "NOT" WISH THE LIFE I LIVED AND SUFFERED THROUGH AS A VERY YOUNG CHILD ON ANYBODY EVEN MY WORST ENEMY THEN AGAIN LATER WITH MY DAUGHTER @RVACane .

GOCANES

“You” wasn’t a direct “you”... It was a “we”... metaphorically speaking... “us” in the thread...

Character matters. Our top three character guys were our first three picks this weekend. Jeff Thomas and Trevon Hill still haven’t found a team.

We were excited at the time, but in retrospect, the culture was poisoned when Manny did the following:

1) Convinced Jarren to stay;
2) Signed an OC with the idea that he would “fix” Jarren and the other QBs;
3) Begged Jeff to come back;
4) Signed Hill after he got kicked out of another program;
5) Signed Tate after he quit another program; and
6) Tweet bragged about all of the above.

We need to learn our lesson going forward. There are no short-cuts. The only way to build a culture is to be careful and consistent about who you let in the building. That is the secret at Clemson.
I was excited about T Hill coming here but quickly begin to understand why V Tech no longer wanted to deal with him...last year i kept telling friends this guy has discipline issues when he is in games some plays i would see obvious 15 yard penalties that could have easily been called against him

LSU had 5 first round picks, 7 top 2 rounds. You think none of their other drafted kids woulda got drafted if they were on a differemt team?
Guess you’ve never seen college players on the “hot team” get guys over drafted??

That LSU team was down on defense to their normal standard.. had the same raw talented WRs they always do.. a lame duck QB.. and a collection of NFL backs

Joe Brady took that team up 3 or 4 notches... I would have fired coach O and gave Brady the job...

If that dude had coaches the past decade with their talent they win 2 or 3 more nattys... if he was there for 10 more years going forward their winning 2 or 3 more nattys...

Advertisement
Guess you’ve never seen college players on the “hot team” get guys over drafted??

That LSU team was down on defense to their normal standard.. had the same raw talented WRs they always do.. a lame duck QB.. and a collection of NFL backs

Joe Brady took that team up 3 or 4 notches... I would have fired coach O and gave Brady the job...

If that dude had coaches the past decade with their talent they win 2 or 3 more nattys... if he was there for 10 more years going forward their winning 2 or 3 more nattys...
You seem distracted by lsu issues. I think the nfl is better at whst they do that you give them credit for.

Advertisement
Back