CBS 2022 mock - Mallory 1st round

Come on now. You’re gonna call Mallory a freak athlete and **** on Pitts?

Taking the orange and green blinders off, it’s an absurd comparison. Pitts has the measurable and the production. Mallory on his best day couldn’t hold Pitts’ jock.
Pitts was a really good college wr. I said he’s not a te , what does that have to do with Mallory? Reading comprehension friend.

Advertisement
Sonny Dykes literally stated that he was going to go back to a more traditional air raid after Lashlee left. As you said, Lashlee has more run based based approach, which is why it's not out of the question that he would have had Jordan as TE1 over Pitts if they were on the same roster. Pitts has absolutely no blocking ability whatsoever.
as does Mallory.

I would say Mallory is alot similar to the TE from BC that the Dolphins drafted.

I want to see more progress from Mallory with in line blocking..and cure his drops some. He can be another middle round te pick.

How many times have you seen Brevin go 60-70 yards pulling away from db’s? Then throwing one out of bounds. Last time I checked that wasn’t green tree. Athletically Brevin is nowhere in his universe. Brevin is a more complete player . Being a better player doesn’t mean better athletically.

What’s a lot of drops? 2-3? I must’ve missed this unreal amount of drops his first two years, especially since he didn’t play much at all his first year.

How many times have you seen Mallory hurdle someone, or show any wiggle at all?

If you don't understand drops as a percentage of targets, you're probably sniffing glue dude.

What’s a lot of drops? 2-3? I must’ve missed this unreal amount of drops his first two years, especially since he didn’t play much at all his first year.

Here you go genius. Maybe do a modicum of research before coming at someone because you just made a **** fool of yourself.

"In 2019, Mallory caught 16 of 22 catchable passes for a drop rate of 27.3 percent. That was the worst drop rate of any tight end or wide receiver in the country with at least 34 targets. "

Advertisement
I’d have to go back and watch his highlight reel, but I’m not sure he uses his size to his advantage. Could be wrong, but I don’t recall (m)any contested catches where he high-pointed the ball.

Being a below-average blocker in the traditional role/definition of a TE, he needs to show me more from a playmaking perspective. Jordan missed a ton of games, and Mallory got snaps even when Jordan was healthy. He never really dominated a game or became a focal point of the defense.

Not sure how you can give him a 1st round projection right now. The production just isn’t there.
He showed me a little something that first play vs. UVA.

Here you go genius. Maybe do a modicum of research before coming at someone because you just made a **** fool of yourself.

"In 2019, Mallory caught 16 of 22 catchable passes for a drop rate of 27.3 percent. That was the worst drop rate of any tight end or wide receiver in the country with at least 34 targets. "

Oh my bad I was off three. You nailed me bro. You said ”ALOT of drops his first two years” even though he barely touched the field his first year. So you’re basing everything off some drops as a freaking sophomore ? You sound like the “ genius “. Then on top of that you say the most idiotic thing in this thread “ that Mallory has never shown the athleticism of brevin” in which you ignored my response on that. Any **** with a lick of sense knows brevin is nowhere near the athlete of Mallory. Lastly you refer to him as a “ green tree AA”, even though he’s had 4-5 good games here as a backup. Green tree AA’s are guys who never perform on Saturday’s , they only perform on the practice field. I’m shocked you didn’t know that.

Btw, since you’re so smart and think so highly of Lashlee , why does a lot of people inside and outside the program wonder why he couldn’t find away to get two of his best playmakers on the field together? Oh never mind , lashlee didn’t have time to install that vaunted 12 personnel lol. Everyone knows that’s too difficult to implement. I mean who’d want two of the only guys on our offense that concerns dc’s to be on the field together? It’s crazy.

Advertisement

"In 2020, Mallory caught 22 of 24 catchable passes, cleaning up his drop rate to a respectable 8.3 percent."

Seems to me it like he doesn't have a much of a problem with drops anymore.

Mallory should be a focal point in this year's offense. He could be a late first rounder/early second round pick if he:

1) Shows a little more fight/dawg (no losing contested catches; using his large frame to his advantage & just playing tougher)
2) Continues to improve his consistency catching the ball (work with Duper in the offseason etc)
3) Gets stronger & his blocking improves
4) Gets targeted more often. He needs to be one of the top 3 receiving threats on offense. Get him the ball consistently!

Mallory should be the next great TE from the U (both in his remaining time at Miami and in the NFL). I expect him to have a Greg Olsen type career in the NFL (if he lands on the right team).

Oh my bad I was off three. You nailed me bro. You said ”ALOT of drops his first two years” even though he barely touched the field his first year. So you’re basing everything off some drops as a freaking sophomore ? You sound like the “ genius “. Then on top of that you say the most idiotic thing in this thread “ that Mallory has never shown the athleticism of brevin” in which you ignored my response on that. Any **** with a lick of sense knows brevin is nowhere near the athlete of Mallory. Lastly you refer to him as a “ green tree AA”, even though he’s had 4-5 good games here as a backup. Green tree AA’s are guys who never perform on Saturday’s , they only perform on the practice field. I’m shocked you didn’t know that.

Btw, since you’re so smart and think so highly of Lashlee , why does a lot of people inside and outside the program wonder why he couldn’t find away to get two of his best playmakers on the field together? Oh never mind , lashlee didn’t have time to install that vaunted 12 personnel lol. Everyone knows that’s too difficult to implement. I mean who’d want two of the only guys on our offense that concerns dc’s to be on the field together? It’s crazy.
@Cribby ...Dont waste your time with this Big Mouth C*nt....he'll follow you like the Punk B*tch he is.....He's CashMoneyCane....he's got Cash permeating from his pores....Lets see how tough his puzzy *** is June 26th ...if his big mouth *** shows up.....

Advertisement
lol, at 1st rd for Mallory..he’s good but not a game changer to go top 32 picks...he’s a 3rd rounder if he stays healthy..

"In 2020, Mallory caught 22 of 24 catchable passes, cleaning up his drop rate to a respectable 8.3 percent."

Seems to me it like he doesn't have a much of a problem with drops anymore.
Just something else for that idiot to be wrong about in this thread. Just put it on his tab.

I don't see Will Mallory going in the 1st round. He's a poor man's Greg Olsen. Lack of wiggle and flexibility being the primary issues. He's not a fluid athlete whatsoever. He would have to put up insane numbers (45+ recs, 600+ yards, 8+ TDs) to even get into 1st round consideration. As it stands right now, I would project Mallory as a 5th - 6th rounder just based on size and potential but there isn't enough film of Mallory making a play. He was schemed open a lot this past season. I haven't seen Mallory making contested catches on a regular basis. I haven't seen Mallory be a seam eater by attacking the seams the way a TE his size should. Mallory is a poor blocker and just isn't physical enough at the point of attack to be a serviceable in-line blocker. Not to forget the myriad of injuries that Mallory has dealt with while being.

A good year by Mallory will boost him but 1st round would be a pleasant surprise for me. I'm a Cane at heart so I root for all of our players to be successful but I try to remain realistic in my expectations.
CIS Where posters can say ridiculous things and actually believe what they're saying. Hahahahah

Advertisement
Plenty of 6’5 250 te’s could do this , I just wish he’d shown more “athleticism”. Btw that’s a db hes cooking in man coverage .

That play alone shows exactly what he can do when targeted. Unfortunately they didn't throw to him when he was open nearly enough.

If he has a pretty good year anything is possible , not a great year , just pretty good. He’s a former track guy, he’ll blow mofos away at the combine when they see his big *** run and jump. He’s a gms wet dream for a new era right end. Just stay injury free. First round will be difficult with his injury history but stranger things have happened.
I'm delighted Mallory came back - not just so the team can benefit, but so he can.

Right now he's a project player - height / weight / speed are all outstanding on tape (I've no idea how he tests), but the numbers / plays don't back up the talent YET. That's not to say he hasn't made plays and looked great in some games, but he has the tools and potential to take over games at the next level.

We need to help him out by making him a focal point of the offence. He needs to help us out by improving his in-line blocking and winning contested catches. If he does that he's a first rounder - I like him a lot more as a pro prospect than I ever liked Jordan (who will have a decent NFL career).

I see Pitts on a moped in Gainesville all the time , if that’s a te im Mary Popins. His blocking makes Brevin look like a road grader. He’s a wr that plays a flex te. He looks like a stick.
I've consistently said if you're not playing Pitts as a WR you're wasting his skills - he's a v good athlete with elite route running skills.

He'd get run over blocking in-line in the NFL.

Plenty of 6’5 250 te’s could do this , I just wish he’d shown more “athleticism”. Btw that’s a db hes cooking in man coverage .

I believe that is Jack ***ot he beat, a walk on safety that converted to OLB.

Let’s not forget Mallory has been here through 3 different OCs... so it wasn’t just Lashlee’s failure to get him involved. Here’s his highlight reel from 2019:

He was schemed wide open for a lot of those highlights. He tends to catch the ball with his body, although he does have decent hands. He had a good catch radius, particularly excelling at adjusting his body to catch balls thrown behind him (did some of this in 2020 too).

I was super high on him coming in, and I’m not hating on him. He’s a solid player that hopefully shines now that he is the top dawg at TE. But he has not met the expectations I had of him coming in, and the production/statistics show that.

1st round is a stretch. I see a 3rd day guy.

Advertisement
Back