CBS 2022 mock - Mallory 1st round

You remembered.

I was a big Wydermyer fan. Hes doing alot of the same things he did on his hs film currently...along with putting ont he muscle mass.

I feel like EVERY single class we should be in on the top 5 te's in the country. Like im not into taking marginal guys..thats a position we should be National with every year.

I think Njoku wasn't highly rated. He turned out pretty good.

Advertisement
I think Njoku wasn't highly rated. He turned out pretty good.
He was a freak show athletically and we knew it before he came. Not sure why he wasnt rated as high...maybe didnt camp as much and coming from NJ.

**** they had NJOKU lining up at LINEBACKER when he first came.

Im just saying it just is a postion we should always swing for the fences. For example my fav Te in this class for us...is from Nebraska

Mallory is as good as the tight end from Penn Stsate who the Steelers drafted in the 2nd round.
The one that had 8 TDs as a freshman? Friermuth or something like that.

He was solid, he was averaging 6 catches and 80 yards a game before he got hurt and was the Big10 TE of the year and Penn St all time TE leader.

Mallory has done nothing remotely close to that at Miami.

Maybe this year, we shall see, but this board is overhyping the **** outta him in here right now off what we have seen.

He was solid, he was averaging 6 catches and 80 yards a game before he got hurt and was the Big10 TE of the year and Penn St all time TE leader.

Maybe this year, we shall see, but this board is overhyping the **** outta him in here right now off what we have seen.
I’ll be very surprised if Mallory’s number this year don’t match Firermuth’s best season at Penn State. I think I spelled his name wrong but you know who I mean.

Advertisement
I’ll be very surprised if Mallory’s number this year don’t match Firermuth’s best season at Penn State. I think I spelled his name wrong but you know who I mean.
If he does that (6/80 per game) I'm on board, but right now this thread is a bit overzealous (put nicely) from what we have seen out of him on the football field.

Mallory is as good as the tight end from Penn Stsate who the Steelers drafted in the 2nd round.
He probably can be as good as Friermuth but Mallory hasn't put anything on tape to back up your claim or even be mentioned on a 2022 mock draft. I see the potential nonetheless, Lashlee just has to put him in position to make plays.

Oh my bad I was off three. You nailed me bro. You said ”ALOT of drops his first two years” even though he barely touched the field his first year. So you’re basing everything off some drops as a freaking sophomore ? You sound like the “ genius “. Then on top of that you say the most idiotic thing in this thread “ that Mallory has never shown the athleticism of brevin” in which you ignored my response on that. Any **** with a lick of sense knows brevin is nowhere near the athlete of Mallory. Lastly you refer to him as a “ green tree AA”, even though he’s had 4-5 good games here as a backup. Green tree AA’s are guys who never perform on Saturday’s , they only perform on the practice field. I’m shocked you didn’t know that.

Btw, since you’re so smart and think so highly of Lashlee , why does a lot of people inside and outside the program wonder why he couldn’t find away to get two of his best playmakers on the field together? Oh never mind , lashlee didn’t have time to install that vaunted 12 personnel lol. Everyone knows that’s too difficult to implement. I mean who’d want two of the only guys on our offense that concerns dc’s to be on the field together? It’s crazy.

OK, so let me get this straight.... you tried to make the argument that Mallory didn't have a lot of drops his first couple years (like, as in, his SOPHOMORE year?), I show you proof he had THE WORST DROP RATE IN AMERICA AMONG ALL RECEIVERS, and you're still talking?

Do you still not understand that a lot of drops is relative to targets? Because if you're arguing that he dropped balls that weren't thrown to him, well... you're just as stupid as all of your comments have shown.

You must have tiny feet, because it's gotta be hard to keep talking with your foot planted so firmly in your mouth.

Just stop dude. You lost this one. Man up and take it.

Advertisement
"In 2020, Mallory caught 22 of 24 catchable passes, cleaning up his drop rate to a respectable 8.3 percent."

Seems to me it like he doesn't have a much of a problem with drops anymore.

Seems to me like I said, specifically, "his first couple years." As in not 2020.

When you lead the ENTIRE COUNTRY in drops, in any season, it's a pretty big indictment on this somehow phenomenal athleticism people for some reason think you have.

This board didn't suddenly decide he's a first rounder. A professional sports writer for CBS did. What's your explanation for that? As you said, not many people have ever heard of Mallory. This isn't like Kaaya being overhyped because he was the face of the program. And as you said Mallorys numbers aren't that impressive so far. Brevin Jordan didn't establish that TEs will put up lopsided numbers and in Lashlees offense so you wouldn't think, "well obviously the next TE will shine. So what logical reason would a sportswriter have for putting Mallory, an underutilized Miami TE, in the first round?

The reason is that the professional sportswriter, whose career involves following college FB, obviously sees the talent potential that the rest of us see.

This board didn't suddenly decide he's a first rounder. A professional sports writer for CBS did. What's your explanation for that? As you said, not many people have ever heard of Mallory. This isn't like Kaaya being overhyped because he was the face of the program. And as you said Mallorys numbers aren't that impressive so far. Brevin Jordan didn't establish that TEs will put up lopsided numbers and in Lashlees offense so you wouldn't think, "well obviously the next TE will shine. So what logical reason would a sportswriter have for putting Mallory, an underutilized Miami TE, in the first round?

The reason is that the professional sportswriter, whose career involves following college FB, obviously sees the talent potential that the rest of us see.
I saw a professional sports writer tell me Brad Kaaya was going to be the # 1 overall pick. I will just stop there for you on what year out mocks mean, less than nothing.

If you want to wager on it im game, I can DM you PayPal info, you pick amount.

Did you watch the UNC game??? Miami's best player on the field by a far, far margin was Brevin Jordan, and he balled. You make no sense to me, Brevin likely leads the team if he doesn't get hurt and still tied for the team lead in TD catches. what the **** did that prove about Lashlee and TEs not getting targets in his offense.

CIS never fails to show our homer *** fans, thats a constant.

Last edited:
How many times have you seen Brevin go 60-70 yards pulling away from db’s? Then throwing one out of bounds. Last time I checked that wasn’t green tree. Athletically Brevin is nowhere in his universe. Brevin is a more complete player . Being a better player doesn’t mean better athletically.

What’s a lot of drops? 2-3? I must’ve missed this unreal amount of drops his first two years, especially since he didn’t play much at all his first year.
preeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaach

Advertisement
Seems to me like I said, specifically, "his first couple years." As in not 2020.

When you lead the ENTIRE COUNTRY in drops, in any season, it's a pretty big indictment on this somehow phenomenal athleticism people for some reason think you have.
Give it up my man, Will has been given the CIS Crown, he needs to be careful crossing the street. The curse is strong with this crew, lol.

I saw a professional sports writer tell me Brad Kaaya was going to be the # 1 overall pick. I will just stop there for you on what year out mocks mean, less than nothing.

If you want to wager on it im game, I can DM you PayPal info, you pick amount.

Did you watch the UNC game??? Miami's best player on the field by a far, far margin was Brevin Jordan, and he balled. You make no sense to me, Brevin likely leads the team if he doesn't get hurt and still tied for the team lead in TD catches. what the **** did that prove about Lashlee and TEs not getting targets in his offense.

CIS never fails to show our homer *** fans, thats a constant.

You seem to skip over points you don't like and just repeat yourself. I said that Kaaya was overhyped because he was the face of the program. He was also going to be coached by a "QB guru" in Richt and was on his way to breaking a lot of Miami passing records. Kaaya's name wasn't plucked from obscurity.

Very few people have ever heard of Mallory. Even alleged Canes fans such as yourself are saying he's a nobody. Why would a Sportswriter pick a guy who isn't well known and who was the #2 TE, and project him as a first rounder? Because someone who watches games for living saw Mallory in his limited playing time and said, "wow, that kid looks special."

And @Cribby already explained why Jordan was the featured TE. Lashlee likes to run. He wanted the better blocking TE. So Mallory either needs to be a better blocker or Lashlee needs to adapt his offense around his personnel. I think the sportswriter is assuming these things will happen. Obviously if they don't, then Mallory won't see the field enough to be a first rounder.

Advertisement
You seem to skip over points you don't like and just repeat yourself. I said that Kaaya was overhyped because he was the face of the program. He was also going to be coached by a "QB guru" in Richt and was on his way to breaking a lot of Miami passing records. Kaaya's name wasn't plucked from obscurity.

Very few people have ever heard of Mallory. Even alleged Canes fans such as yourself are saying he's a nobody. Why would a Sportswriter pick a guy who isn't well known and who was the #2 TE, and project him as a first rounder? Because someone who watches games for living saw Mallory in his limited playing time and said, "wow, that kid looks special."

And @Cribby already explained why Jordan was the featured TE. Lashlee likes to run. He wanted the better blocking TE. So Mallory either needs to be a better blocker or Lashlee needs to adapt his offense around his personnel. I think the sportswriter is assuming these things will happen. Obviously if they don't, then Mallory won't see the field enough to be a first rounder.
OK Bum, I think we have both made our stances clear. I noticed you didn't mention the 2020 CBS "experts" mock, wonder why?

Let's let it play out, this is the classic CIS move, have seen it so many times.

Goes like this:
CIS homers build up a Miami player/Coach. They argue until they are going to explode about what said player/coach will do and build them up to unreasonable standards even though statistics/past show they are reaching. Then said posters cry and whine and complain when said player/coach fails to meet their unrealistic standards. It's a CIS play as old as time, yet still happens.

Last edited:
What did Mallory do when Brevin was out?

3 Games:

63 ypg
3 total TD's
18.7 ypc

So we play how many games this upcoming season?

What would be his season totals then if he just averaged what he did in that span over the entirety of a season?

Based on that alone, I would say he has a chance to have a very good season.

To be a first round pick, he would have to improve his blocking. He puts up 10 to 12 TD's his blocking questions become a moot point.

I haven't read this thread but Canes fans typically overrate our good players by two rounds. These early draft projections are almost meaningless.

Summary: Sportswriter from CBS projected Mallory as a late first round pick. Some posters think Mallory is vastly overrated and its a joke to think it's even a remote possibility.

I don't think Mallory is "-rated“ at all as most CFB fans have never heard of him. B. Jordan, yes. Will Mallory, no. Its an unusual projection. I certainly wouldn't have said he was a first rounder. So my thinking is that said sportswriter must have either heard something or saw the same flashes of talent that a few of us did. Otherwise it's hard to explain how Mallory is on anyone's else's radar. I don't think he's been named as a Mackey award favorite or anything like that.

Advertisement
Back