CBS 2022 mock - Mallory 1st round

OK, so let me get this straight.... you tried to make the argument that Mallory didn't have a lot of drops his first couple years (like, as in, his SOPHOMORE year?), I show you proof he had THE WORST DROP RATE IN AMERICA AMONG ALL RECEIVERS, and you're still talking?

Do you still not understand that a lot of drops is relative to targets? Because if you're arguing that he dropped balls that weren't thrown to him, well... you're just as stupid as all of your comments have shown.

You must have tiny feet, because it's gotta be hard to keep talking with your foot planted so firmly in your mouth.

Just stop dude. You lost this one. Man up and take it.
I lost ? You‘re the idiot talking about his drops because of his Fr /soph year , showing data. Yet your ignorant *** left off data from his junior year that shows that’s been fixed and isn’t an issue. Your whole point was wrong, as well as everything else you said in this thread. It’s like saying a basketball player can’t shoot because he’s hit 36 percent from 3 his first two years , then left off his junior year number of 50 percent shooting , with more attempts. Stop while you‘re ahead.

Im done with you , I’ll let you and the other goof in here have your way with the thread now.

Advertisement
Btw nobody is being homers here , they’re justifying why some would see him getting drafted that high. There’s a lot of tangibles. It’s sad some have to defend a cbs writer and one of our own. Nobody is saying it’ll happen or is likely, I’ve seen far less experienced players come out of nowhere and get drafted in the first round. **** it’s been a common practice at UM, plsyers waiting their turn.

Like i said , it’s sad we even have to do this but if once again shows how ****** the fanbase is. I guarantee you this wouldn’t happen On another teams board, they’d be bragging about.

Last edited:
Btw nobody is being homers here , they’re justifying why some would see him getting drafted that high. There’s a lot of tangibles. It’s sad some have to defend a cbs writer and one of our own. Nobody is saying it’ll happen or is likely, I’ve seen far worse players come out of nowhere and get drafted in the first round. **** it’s been a common practice at UM, plsyers waiting their turn.

Like i said , it’s sad we even have to do this but if once again shows how ****** the fanbase is. I guarantee you this wouldn’t happen On another teams board, they’d be bragging about.
Chris Rock Reaction GIF

OK, so let me get this straight.... you tried to make the argument that Mallory didn't have a lot of drops his first couple years (like, as in, his SOPHOMORE year?), I show you proof he had THE WORST DROP RATE IN AMERICA AMONG ALL RECEIVERS, and you're still talking?

Do you still not understand that a lot of drops is relative to targets? Because if you're arguing that he dropped balls that weren't thrown to him, well... you're just as stupid as all of your comments have shown.

You must have tiny feet, because it's gotta be hard to keep talking with your foot planted so firmly in your mouth.

Just stop dude. You lost this one. Man up and take it.
Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

Advertisement
If you want to see what a 1st round TE looks like, here’s the guy I mentioned to @HighSeas that I love:

These are his FRESHMAN highlights. Watch him snare everything with his hands and high point it. Legit redzone threat. Works the middle of the field. Not afraid of contact. Mallory can probably beat him in a straight-line race, but has sufficient football speed and I’d argue is a more fluid athlete than Mallory. Competent in-line blocker with good size.

This guy jumped off the screen at me, and I only watched a few A&M games, usually with 3 screens/games on at once. Great players make plays and demand the ball. That just isn’t Mallory. He has some potential, but his ceiling isn’t very high. Hope he proves me wrong, but I’m more excited to see what Arroyo can do.

Yup, and we were on him hard. I remember him taking an OV here with Hartley and we had Richt involved as well. Was not that highly ranked but had some squads after him.

Btw nobody is being homers here , they’re justifying why some would see him getting drafted that high. There’s a lot of tangibles. It’s sad some have to defend a cbs writer and one of our own. Nobody is saying it’ll happen or is likely, I’ve seen far less experienced players come out of nowhere and get drafted in the first round. **** it’s been a common practice at UM, plsyers waiting their turn.

If people don't think Mallory is more athletic they need to stop watching football. It's super obvious regardless of numbers.

You‘re comparing rb’s to a te, they’re literally just handed the bal. not exactly apples to apples. Mallory can’t throw himself the ball and he was open a lot. I’ve actually posted this multiple times , he’s constantly open but king would stare down Brevin then maybe make another read then leave the pocket.

Brevin was a better blocker and was more complete. But it’s criminal at the snaps hes gotten when everyone around the program knows he’s a walking mismatch. We should’ve been in 12 personnel a lot with the quality at the position.

This year I expect him to replace BJ as the safety blanket for king. If healthy he’ll have a big season. It’s his time and will be the dude for the first time in his career.
Also its not just about who they are right now - its about how they project them in the league. Mallory has length and better vertical threat. Unless he improves his blocking, his projection could slide.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back