2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

I agree that injuries started to pile up, and in most cases, the replacement was much worse than the starter they where stepping in for.

You can blame the PITT and Clemson games on that unfortunate run of events. I’ll even throw in FSU.

What about the other losses?
Well Texas A&M I feel like if Zion was healthy starting LT, Chaney and CItizen were healthy, Restrepo was healthy we probably win. The way Parrish and Knighton ran ball in that game I feel like the 2 bigger backs could have done more damage.

Also TVD missed his security blanket in X that game ImO.

MTSU was a big letdown after a "big game" where team wasn't focused at all, and spotted MtSU what 10-17 points early? Complete failure by staff in that game.

UNC I feel like came down to a bust easy TD early by Tyrique and Kam, and then Knightons fumble late cost Miami.

Advertisement
They coming

Pause
sploosh GIF

Texas went 5-7 in 2021, they went 8-5 last year. But they lost 3 games by 7 points, 1 game to Bama by 1 point, when everybody thought they would get smoked and probably should have won the game and 1 game by 3 points. Their improvement came from fixing the OL and their QB even got injured. So they could easily have won 1 or 2 more games. That OL is the most important position in college football on offense or atleast 1b to QB.

Im thinking we are on a similar trajectory.
Hope so

As has been pointed out many times, our 5-7 is not an indication of how bad we actually were

But I see your point

Hope so

As has been pointed out many times, our 5-7 is not an indication of how bad we actually were

But I see your point
We were horrible, i was at the games. But people are gonna point to all kinda factors including the injuries. At the end, we are what we were, a terrible 5-7 team.

Not sure if Texas was better than 5-7 either. At one point they lost like 4 or 5 in a row and the coach was taped cussing man out on the bus, he was so mad.

We were horrible, i was at the games. But people are gonna point to all kinda factors including the injuries. At the end, we are what we were, a terrible 5-7 team.

Not sure if Texas was better than 5-7 either. At one point they lost like 4 or 5 in a row and the coach was taped cussing man out on the bus, he was so mad.
Plus we’ve seen it plenty of times, in college it sometimes doesn’t take much to change things significantly

By the time we played FSU everyone was checked out. That’s just a fact.

When teams do turn it around it’s usually being led by a good veteran QB, and TVD can certainly be that guy. Just need to see if he takes that big step as a leader

Advertisement
Plus we’ve seen it plenty of times, in college it sometimes doesn’t take much to change things significantly

By the time we played FSU everyone was checked out. That’s just a fact.

When teams do turn it around it’s usually being led by a good veteran QB, and TVD can certainly be that guy. Just need to see if he takes that big step as a leader
I think whats underrated and we may look back at the veteran presence we brought in with Lee, Fransisco, Cohen, Davis and Brown. Just players who have played alot of games and im not even thinking about the games. Im thinking how they carry on through the summer work outs. We will see though

I think whats underrated and we may look back at the veteran presence we brought in with Lee, Fransisco, Cohen, Davis and Brown. Just players who have played alot of games and im not even thinking about the games. Im thinking how they carry on through the summer work outs. We will see though
100%

I think all things considered we absolutely crushed the portal

There were people I just disagreed with that were saying we should be writing blank checks to certain positions. I think that’s bad business long term. There’s times when I really think Mario’s restraint and methodical approach helps us and when you look at the results of recruiting and portal I really love the direction of our program.

It’s easy to say the next guy will always be better but I really can’t say enough how pleased I am at the new coordinator hires, not just from a name perspective, but a philosophy perspective. Mario shattered some image narratives with those hires.

100%

I think all things considered we absolutely crushed the portal

There were people I just disagreed with that were saying we should be writing blank checks to certain positions. I think that’s bad business long term. There’s times when I really think Mario’s restraint and methodical approach helps us and when you look at the results of recruiting and portal I really love the direction of our program.

It’s easy to say the next guy will always be better but I really can’t say enough how pleased I am at the new coordinator hires, not just from a name perspective, but a philosophy perspective. Mario shattered some image narratives with those hires.
Facts

Texas went 5-7 in 2021, they went 8-5 last year. But they lost 3 games by 7 points, 1 game to Bama by 1 point, when everybody thought they would get smoked and probably should have won the game and 1 game by 3 points. Their improvement came from fixing the OL and their QB even got injured. So they could easily have won 1 or 2 more games. That OL is the most important position in college football on offense or atleast 1b to QB.

2021 Texas's 5-7 was nowhere near as putrid as 2022 UM's 5-7.

Texas got smoked by 19 at Arkansas week 2, and lost away at Iowa State by 23. Otherwise, they lost by 7 to a ranked OU team, by 8 to a ranked Ok. State team, by 7 to a ranked Baylor team, by 1 point in OT to Kansas, and by 8 to WV. Average margin of defeat was 10.4 points. Only losses to P5 schools. Five of their 7 losses in 2021 were within 1 score. They also beat a ranked ULL team week 1 (ULL went 13-1 that season).

UM lost to TAMU by 8, MTSU by 14 (at HRS), UNC by 3, Duke by 24, FSU by 42 (at HRS), Clemson by 30, and Pitt by 26. Average margin of defeat was 21 points. One loss to a G5 school. Only 2 of our 7 losses were within 1 score. UM's best win was by 21 points over a 5-7 GT team. In fact, we only beat 1 football team with a winning record last season: 7-6 Southern Miss (and only because they won their bowl game... against Rice).

We need to be honest with ourselves and stop looking at other irrelevant situations for optimism. If you think we'll be better because of the changes to the team, that's all well and good (and I happen to agree). But just stick to that. Don't go looking for some other historical basis to think this team will make a big turnaround. That stuff doesn't matter, and last year's team was historically bad.

Advertisement

Texas got smoked by 19 at Arkansas week 2, and lost away at Iowa State by 23. Otherwise, they lost by 7 to a ranked OU team, by 8 to a ranked Ok. State team, by 7 to a ranked Baylor team, by 1 point in OT to Kansas, and by 8 to WV. Average margin of defeat was 10.4 points. Only losses to P5 schools. Five of their 7 losses in 2021 were within 1 score. They also beat a ranked ULL team week 1 (ULL went 13-1 that season).

UM lost to TAMU by 8, MTSU by 14 (at HRS), UNC by 3, Duke by 24, FSU by 42 (at HRS), Clemson by 30, and Pitt by 26. Average margin of defeat was 21 points. One loss to a G5 school. Only 2 of our 7 losses were within 1 score. UM's best win was by 21 points over a 5-7 GT team. In fact, we only beat 1 football team with a winning record last season: 7-6 Southern Miss (and only because they won their bowl game... against Rice).

We need to be honest with ourselves and stop looking at other irrelevant situations for optimism. If you think we'll be better because of the changes to the team, that's all well and good (and I happen to agree). But just stick to that. Don't go looking for some other historical basis to think this team will make a big turnaround. That stuff doesn't matter, and last year's team was historically bad.
Not sure why u going around quoting.my posts like some kinda vendetta, so ill respond and leave it at that. Going into a box score in picking out scores is glossing over ****. We can say well Miami was a worse 5-7, i wouldn't disagree. So are we gonna compare injuries, are we gonna compare coaching changes, are we gonna talk about portal changes? I did none, of that. They went 5-7, we went 5-7. They overhaul and revamped the OL, we overhauled and revamp the OL..simple parallel i was drawing there. People can take whatever optimism from whatever, i said 7-5, 8-4 so not sure why u in here trying to check me like i said we are winning the ACC or some ****.

And I’m trying to say that having issue with that is incorrect. 5-7 was so bad and so far below what we should have been that 7 wins just doesn’t move the needle. That’s the worst season Miami has had in I don’t know how long, even Manny did better than that. For the last two decades there has been this question of if Miami is finally back and every time we face plant. We win anything less than 8 and kids will roll their eyes and say same ole same ole and pass.
I think its as simple as this. Forget last year and trying to compare or use it as context as what we should do/expect this year.

Whats NOT too much to ask is to beat the teams we are better than at this point. On paper, we are better than 9 out of the 12 teams we face. So thats what Im aiming for. But anything less than 8, just like you said…same ole same ole.

Advertisement

I would happily take 8-5 with a 1-point loss to Clemson... as long as 1 of the wins is an annihilation of FSU where Travis has 5 turnovers and is sacked 5 or more times.

Not sure why u going around quoting.my posts like some kinda vendetta, so ill respond and leave it at that. Going into a box score in picking out scores is glossing over ****. We can say well Miami was a worse 5-7, i wouldn't disagree. So are we gonna compare injuries, are we gonna compare coaching changes, are we gonna talk about portal changes? I did none, of that. They went 5-7, we went 5-7. They overhaul and revamped the OL, we overhauled and revamp the OL..simple parallel i was drawing there. People can take whatever optimism from whatever, i said 7-5, 8-4 so not sure why u in here trying to check me like i said we are winning the ACC or some ****.

Lol. The stories some people will make up in their heads are wild. Be well.

You can try to dress up a pile of **** but it's still a pile of ****. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Gattis' offense took away any chance of a win against any team with a pulse. I don't know what Steele was doing, but whatever it was wasn't working either. The defense was confused most of the year. They took already marginal talent and made them play worse.

From @Geo305 recruiting space

Ellis Robison IV

• Still solid UGA, not flipping immediately
  • Season could change things
  • More advanced than Cormani, Cormani is very raw

Advertisement
Back