2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

Advertisement
I just don’t think it’s realistic to assume he’s going to sign a bunch of 5 stars if we go 6-6 or 5-7. It’s literally never happened. Saban went 7-6 his first year at Alabama and went 12-2 in his second. Smart went 8-5 his fist year at Georgia and 13-2 in his second season. Jimbo had never been worse than 8-4 before last year at A&M. Ryan Day and Urban Meyer have never lost more than 2 games in a season at Ohio State. Urban went 9-4 his first year at UF and 12-1 the next. Brian Kelly went 8-5 his first two seasons at Notre Dame before going 12-1 his third. Lincoln Riley won 12 games his first year at Oklahoma and 11 games his first year at USC. Every one of these guys either hit the ground running or took one season to put a winning product on the field.

The list of guys who recruit at a high level without winning at least 8-9 games every year is empty.

Besides, what good is signing top classes if the team only wins 6 games anyway? Th ONLY reason I care about recruiting is that it SHOULD improve actual on field results. If the team isn’t getting better than why even bother?
You bring up valid points cant even get mad at this. Maybe we do see an improvement and jump this year. I just thought it was so toxic it would take awhile.

I think you’ll be surprised. I like this team. They made a lot of improvements on the roster and to the staff.
Here is my comparison question for next season;
Are we better or worse than we were in 2021?

I would argue that at every position with the exception of a proven #1WR (though Young could have a Rambo-esque season) we are better than in 2021 when we finished 7-5. The obvious wildcards are the coordinators. I’m not expecting Dawson to be as successful as Lashlee as I think we caught lightning in a bottle with the Lashlee/TVD combo, but I believe Guidry will be an improvement over 2021, and more importantly I believe the talent is substantially better.

We will have actual Fall camp battles for playing time at every position except QB and Safety, and maybe DT. We will have freshmen play who should be playing, not have to be playing because of lack of upperclass talent. Yes we will be young in our backups, but we will be more able to survive injuries (except QB and Kinchens) since I don’t know when.

I’m not putting Mario in an expectation box but if this teams does not finish 7-5 or better, there is something really, really wrong with his coaching.

Advertisement

I would argue that at every position with the exception of a proven #1WR (though Young could have a Rambo-esque season) we are better than in 2021 when we finished 7-5. The obvious wildcards are the coordinators. I’m not expecting Dawson to be as successful as Lashlee as I think we caught lightning in a bottle with the Lashlee/TVD combo, but I believe Guidry will be an improvement over 2021, and more importantly I believe the talent is substantially better.

We will have actual Fall camp battles for playing time at every position except QB and Safety, and maybe DT. We will have freshmen play who should be playing, not have to be playing because of lack of upperclass talent. Yes we will be young in our backups, but we will be more able to survive injuries (except QB and Kinchens) since I don’t know when.

I’m not putting Mario in an expectation box but if this teams does not finish 7-5 or better, there is something really, really wrong with his coaching.
I think we’re literally better at every single position outside of WR. More depth and talent at RB. A million times better on the OL. Not sure we have one TE that’s quite at Mallory level yet but the group overall is much deeper and more versatile. Defensively, it’s not even close. That 2021 defense was terrible on the line, at linebacker and at DB. Our best lineman was Zach McCloud. Nuff said. That 2021 teams had a shot to win every single game besides Alabama. Michigan State was a 7 point game in the fourth quarter. UNC and Virginia were one score games along with the FSU game that Manny’s defense gave away on the final possession. This year’s team is much more talented than they were.

I know the garbage we saw last year lowered a bunch of people’s expectations but there’s no reason to believe that this is a 5 or 6 win team. And if they are, Mario is the WORST actual football coach in college football and we can give up on ever being good again. Now if TVD misses significant time, it’s another story but outside of horrible injury luck, I can’t see another colossal failure like last year.

This times 100 trillion.

It's how it looks that matters more. If we look like we did against UVA, the wins wont matter. Its has to be exciting, bombs have to be flying like how Tennessee looked in 2021 even though they went 7-6. 8-4 is not far fetched. I would not predict anything better as that would depend on the coaches ability to improve the product.
I want 8-4...anything more, Fantastic. I look at the schedule, and I don't think 8-4 is too much to ask.

Agreed x 10000%

but the one good thing about going 5-7 the year prior is anything north of 6 wins is considered improvement for the program. We win 8 games, and we should see a heighten level of buzz around the program and ESD should be a blast for us.

Win and we'll be cooking with grease.

Advertisement
I never get to mention recruits living in this stupid state don’t **** in my Cheerios lol. Missed what you said. I’m not a poster who likes to hear myself type kinda thing
No worries brother, kinda cool Mario and company are starting to recruit our area of the country.

Didn’t mean for it to come off passive aggressive. You confirmed my speculation which I know I appreciated. All love. Keep the insight coming if you hear anything

No worries brother, kinda cool Mario and company are starting to recruit our area of the country.

Didn’t mean for it to come off passive aggressive. You confirmed my speculation which I know I appreciated. All love. Keep the insight coming if you hear anything
It’s awesome bro! Love he’s trying to get into New Jersey also. No worries at all bro 💪

Advertisement
Agreed x 10000%

but the one good thing about going 5-7 the year prior is anything north of 6 wins is considered improvement for the program. We win 8 games, and we should see a heighten level of buzz around the program and ESD should be a blast for us.

Win and we'll be cooking with grease.

I don’t agree.

With a competent offense, Miami wins 8 last year.

Improvement is 9 wins of better. That’s a 4-game increase, but that’s what needs to happen.

I don’t agree.

With a competent offense, Miami wins 8 last year.

Improvement is 9 wins of better. That’s a 4-game increase, but that’s what needs to happen.
I guess you don't know how math works. 6 is greater than 5, so is 7 and 8. That means improvement. 9 wins would be even better, way better but I'm not putting those expectations on a team that just went 5-7 a year ago.

Advertisement
I guess you don't know how math works. 6 is greater than 5, so is 7 and 8. That means improvement. 9 wins would be even better, way better but I'm not putting those expectations on a team that just went 5-7 a year ago.
It’s about perception. 6 or 7 wins shows that we aren’t really a serious program. 8 or more shows we are on the right track. You want to steal a DB from UGA, you have to show that you are on the brink of breaking through.

Reading comprehension can be fun!

8-4 was the floor last year. I don’t care what the actual product on the field was. They underperformed to the Year 1 benchmark and are now behind the ball.

People forget Mario is a proven coach. He has shown an ability to up the wins in year 2 at every HC stop.

He isn't an unknown HC getting his feet wet.

This team is better across the board than 2022 except maybe CB but the secondary was a disaster based on communication on the backend.

The main reason 2022 was a disaster is you had a Hard A coach bringing a different mentality to a softer culture, you had a bad fit at OC, and you had an unsubstainable amount of injuries on the offensive side of the ball.

If a poster came on in preseason and said:

-TVD will Jack his shoulder up and miss basically half the season

-Chaney and Citizen will miss basically entire season

-Restrepo will miss half the season

-George will miss half the season

-Zion will miss majority of the season

-Justice will be forced to start then he will get injured and miss basically all of ACC play

-Rivers will miss majority of last 4 games

-Arroyo will miss all of ACC play

People would be In here posting 6-6 season incoming. Welp

Advertisement
Back