2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

Advertisement
What is the win total that gets into serious flip talk?

10 wins (including bowl game) minimum?

Anything relating to Ellis is gonna be clickbait for a while. He’s not gonna flip until/unless he sees a better product on the field.
GIF by Paul McCartney

Advertisement
8 Wins and a Bowl Win. To go from 5-7 and no bowl, to 8-4 with a bowl win would show these recruits/commits they'd be walking into an ideal situation. NIL would take care of itself.

@SWFLCane What odds do you give to that? Three months ago I would have said 25%. I'm feeling we're above 50% now with the new portal kids. Is that too optimistic, too pessimistic?

8 Wins and a Bowl Win. To go from 5-7 and no bowl, to 8-4 with a bowl win would show these recruits/commits they'd be walking into an ideal situation. NIL would take care of itself.
…and in those losses, show some fight.
I’ll take an upset win somewhere in there too, although by the time we get to November, our win over FSU (they will be favored) will not be considered an “upset”.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's how it looks that matters more. If we look like we did against UVA, the wins wont matter. Its has to be exciting, bombs have to be flying like how Tennessee looked in 2021 even though they went 7-6. 8-4 is not far fetched. I would not predict anything better as that would depend on the coaches ability to improve the product.

It's how it looks that matters more. If we look like we did against UVA, the wins wont matter. Its has to be exciting, bombs have to be flying like how Tennessee looked in 2021 even though they went 7-6. 8-4 is not far fetched. I would not predict anything better as that would depend on the coaches ability to improve the product.
Yeah, and example of that would be our games against Clemson and FSU. If we lose both, it’s not the end of the world but we can’t get blown out.

It will be about the relationship with MC. That decision for him should be UGA cause of what he will play and the front 7 will help him. So UGA is right now the better option, so this will come down to relationships. People that keep saying performance matters for us but we wont out perform UGA on the field obviously. So IMO its going to come down to is his relationship with MC.

Advertisement
It will be about the relationship with MC. That decision for him should be UGA cause of what he will play and the front 7 will help him. So UGA is right now the better option, so this will come down to relationships. People that keep saying performance matters for us but we wont out perform UGA on the field obviously. So IMO its going to come down to is his relationship with MC.
Performance is to show that we are on the right track. We finish 7-5 or 8-4 last year and this isn’t a question. You can’t underscore the impact of 5-7 and there being questions about the on the field product.

Yes. Though it doesn't "count" for the ACC, the aTm game will be a very important bellwether for recruits.

aTm is a LOT like Miami, a team with a lot of "on-paper" talent that is not winning enough games. If we beat aTm, blue chip recruits will pick us. Just being honest.
Haven’t we been in the game long enough to realize every kid is different? When Miami was a force in 02 and FSU was recruiting big time classes kids said “ Miami has enough talent I wanna get in the field”. Now it’s “ I wanna win” there’s one thing I’m not worried about with Mario. Recruiting. I don’t think one game against an SEC team means as much to these kids as you might think. You wanna win SEC recruiting battles? Pay 💰 it’s that simple

Performance is to show that we are on the right track. We finish 7-5 or 8-4 last year and this isn’t a question. You can’t underscore the impact of 5-7 and there being questions about the on the field product.
lets say we go 6-6 and the defense looks great and the play calling on O as well. Kids should see that and the youth movement and say ok they are on track. Like throw the record away IMO, kids know this sport better than us and they know what kids are ballers and who aren't. They also know who can coach so I hope they trust that instead of the record. I agree we need to show upward trajectory I just think kids look at different than we do.

Advertisement
Anything relating to Ellis is gonna be clickbait for a while. He’s not gonna flip until/unless he sees a better product on the field.
You sure? I’ll say this again. What he says to the media and what he is thinking are two different things. He will go where he feels comfortable

lets say we go 6-6 and the defense looks great and the play calling on O as well. Kids should see that and the youth movement and say ok they are on track. Like throw the record away IMO, kids know this sport better than us and they know what kids are ballers and who aren't. They also know who can coach so I hope they trust that instead of the record. I agree we need to show upward trajectory I just think kids look at different than we do.

I don’t think the defense and play calling was too great if we go 6-6 in the ACC lol.

Without a doubt there will be nuance and it won’t just be based on record, hence I said performance. Way easier to say 8-4 than write a novel. But yeah and I said so in another thread, we can lose to FSU and Clemson and be okay, it’s how we lose and how certain players perform. That said, we can’t have a repeat of last year and in order for 6-6 not to affect us negatively we would be heavily relying on nuance to over come.

Advertisement
Back