2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

Miami ne

Miami has to win 9 games. I feel like a broken record saying the same **** each year just to watch the team suck.

Win 9 games and this train keeps rolling.

All due respect, none of these top kids are waiting until the end of the season.

They are looking at September. If Miami rolls out to 5-0, and we look good on offense, we will land a lot of these kids, regardless of how the rest of the season goes.

Advertisement
All due respect, none of these top kids are waiting until the end of the season.

They are looking at September. If Miami rolls out to 5-0, and we look good on offense, we will land a lot of these kids, regardless of how the rest of the season goes.
To be fair, we don’t need to wait until week 12 to know how good/bad our team is. Even if the record is good, eeking out nailbiters against bad teams is a pretty obvious red flag

To be fair, we don’t need to wait until week 12 to know how good/bad our team is. Even if the record is good, eeking out nailbiters against bad teams is a pretty obvious red flag

Yes. Though it doesn't "count" for the ACC, the aTm game will be a very important bellwether for recruits.

aTm is a LOT like Miami, a team with a lot of "on-paper" talent that is not winning enough games. If we beat aTm, blue chip recruits will pick us. Just being honest.

Advertisement
Yes. Though it doesn't "count" for the ACC, the aTm game will be a very important bellwether for recruits.

aTm is a LOT like Miami, a team with a lot of "on-paper" talent that is not winning enough games. If we beat aTm, blue chip recruits will pick us. Just being honest.
You’re preaching to the choir dude

What’s your take on Petrino

What’s your take on Petrino? He feels like a **** of a wild card to me.

Advertisement

While Petrino may be good at calling plays, I'm not sure that he's the guy to change the culture.

1686355383866.png

I suspect "Motorcycle Safety Instructor of the Year" Petrino will likely have a big advantage over Miami's D.

1. Miami's "new, new, no we really mean it this time new" D won't have reasonably faced any top level O machine

2. Ditto for our Canes O and this would lead to way more 3-outs putting D in even more jeopardy.

Until proven otherwise, Miami has a chance of getting prison raped in rhat game.

NOW...

Miami does the exact opposite of above and a decent season could perhaps be in the offering, tremendous recruiting momentum, and watch out 24/25.

Last edited:

Yeah this is always a fascinating conversation

On one hand I do think Mario still has some goodwill and leeway. He is still selling the new culture, he’s got two new coordinators, the whole “our best players are freshmen” angle

But then of course we need to be better on the field. That much is not debatable. Not sure there’s a win total that tells the story

Then there’s the group of guys like the 5 star DBs and WRs in our area where it seems it’s gonna take years of consistent results to sway them

This season really can’t get here fast enough!

Advertisement
I dont think Jimbo has the luxury of meddling. He probably begging Petrino to work some magic cuz his haas is on the line right now. More than scheme is have they fixed the culture there. That crazy class they got, broke something there culturally

I dont think Jimbo has the luxury of meddling. He probably begging Petrino to work some magic cuz his haas is on the line right now. More than scheme is have they fixed the culture there. That crazy class they got, broke something there culturally
AtM isn't firing Jimbo for at least 3-4 more seasons.

I suspect "Motorcycle Safety Instructor of the Year" Petrino will likely have a big advantage over Miami's D.

1. Miami's "new, new, no we really mean it this time new" D won't have reasonably faced any top level O machine

2. Ditto for our Canes O and this would lead to way more 3-outs putting D in even more jeopardy.

Until proven otherwise, Miami has a chance of getting prison raped in rhat game.

NOW...

Miami does the exact opposite of above and a decent season could perhaps be in the offering, tremendous recruiting momentum, and watch out 24/25.

I hope you are wrong but fear you are right. I keep telling myself he's older now, he was unsuccessful at Missouri State, he's only got a summer to install his system and D is usually ahead early on, his QB isn't all that, we have some good pass rushers and our DB room now looks respectable.

But let's face it. 62 is older but not "OLD". And I've always thought of Petrino as an offensive genius.

I just hope the guy is like Steele and has slowed down, and that our defense, led by LT, Messidor, Kiko and Kam, have career games.

Advertisement
I hope you are wrong but fear you are right. I keep telling myself he's older now, he was unsuccessful at Missouri State, he's only got a summer to install his system and D is usually ahead early on, his QB isn't all that, we have some good pass rushers and our DB room now looks respectable.

But let's face it. 62 is older but not "OLD". And I've always thought of Petrino as an offensive genius.

I just hope the guy is like Steele and has slowed down, and that our defense, led by LT, Messidor, Kiko and Kam, have career games.
As Miami and AtM both open with cupcakes, hard to tell.

I do believe Miami (OH) is a better squad than MTSU, so hopefully Miami's new roster can at least be competitive into 4Q.
1665535558779.gif

The only issue with Petrino is that he got caught. He isn't the first or the last to do whatever he was doing and got caught up in. I'm not saying it's morale or justifying his behavior, but it's pretty common. Does he have the juice in coaching still, that's the only question that ultimately matters. You win, you can get away with all but murder and in some cases, even that.

I don't know if you were talking in generalities or the kids visiting UM specifically.

I went and did the math on last year's top 50 rivals recruits since I was curious. ~ 40% committed by end of summer, ~ 40% committed in late Dec. ~ 15% committed in the fall. The rest were oddball ones that waited until the late signing period (feb).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back