2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

Possibly but Texas also lost Ewers at the end of the first quarter and he was making a lot of throws prior to his exit. That game goes a different way in my opinion if Ewers didn't go down.
I'm curious how Bama's season go if they start off the season with a loss to Texas. Same for Texas...wonder what happens if Ewers isn't injured there and they go on to beat Bama.

Advertisement
I'm curious how Bama's season go if they start off the season with a loss to Texas. Same for Texas...wonder what happens if Ewers isn't injured there and they go on to beat Bama.
I think the most likely outcome is it inspires Texas to have a better year but Alabama most likely would of had a similar outcome but who knows

Bama, UGA and OSU will be very interesting to watch. They will be starting QBs that had sub par springs.

As for Texas, they can potentially catch lightning in a bottle but not convinced yet.

Was this game before or after we played A&M? Because I couldn’t even enjoy college football after watching us punt the ball away on 4th down with less than 2 minutes remaining. 2022 season ruined my entire college football experience and that’s never happened lol
Opening game of the season.
I agree with you as well. 2022 was terrible and I watched as few games as ever in my life.

Bama, UGA and OSU will be very interesting to watch. They will be starting QBs that had sub par springs.

As for Texas, they can potentially catch lightning in a bottle but not convinced yet.
Sorry, I meant, last year. Does Saban rip into his team and they wakeup for the rest of the season? Or do they finish 9-3/8-4 last year is interesting. Team momentum, or lack of it, I'd a huge driving force in games

Advertisement

The saving grace for those schools, they are so deep it may not matter until they play each other.

Texas’ biggest obstacle is themselves. Reasonable assumption is they are more talented than every team but Bama on that schedule. If they can beat them they could make noise like TCU last season.

I don't know if you were talking in generalities or the kids visiting UM specifically.

I went and did the math on last year's top 50 rivals recruits since I was curious. ~ 40% committed by end of summer, ~ 40% committed in late Dec. ~ 15% committed in the fall. The rest were oddball ones that waited until the late signing period (feb).

I'm simply referring to a couple of guys that want to see how UM does specifically before they are ready to flip. They are not waiting until the Boston College game to make a judgment.

Regardless of when they announce, the key guys who are WILLING to see what UM does on the field...are fully aware that we might not win as many games from mid-October to mid-November.

There's going to be two phases to this. First, if we can open up 5-0, that will go a long way to convincing certain guys to flip. THEN, we need to NOT **** out any 47-0 losses in the next 5 games to HOLD the interest of those guys. We need to play well and make games competitive for about a month, and at that point we should be primed to flip a few guys late.

The name of every film Peter North has starred in

1688752938070.png

What is the win total that gets into serious flip talk?

10 wins (including bowl game) minimum?

You're talking about the bowl game that will be played a few weeks after 80-85% of all recruits commit and/or sign?

Advertisement
Win games and looked like a much improved team this year, and he will be in play. I doubt we ever stopped recruiting him. Kid is probably waiting to see results on the field.

Advertisement
i still can't understand why this kid would even keep an opening for us..

he's the #1 CB by far committed to the 2 time defending champs and favorites to win again that have put tons of defensive first rounders in the league recently..

we're a 5-7 team with a DB coach that sucks at recruiting... even if we have a *great* season (like 10-2) and UGA has a disappointing season (also 10-2), then i still think we wouldn't have a shot with him...

I'd say this one would be best to assume we have no shot and if we do then it's worth being shocked about...

Advertisement

he's the #1 CB by far committed to the 2 time defending champs and favorites to win again that have put tons of defensive first rounders in the league recently..

we're a 5-7 team with a DB coach that sucks at recruiting... even if we have a *great* season (like 10-2) and UGA has a disappointing season (also 10-2), then i still think we wouldn't have a shot with him...

I'd say this one would be best to assume we have no shot and if we do then it's worth being shocked about...
Same reason we landed 5 stars last year. Some elite kids see a clearer path to playing time at a school like Miami vs Georgia + the extra suck tax $ is nice. This doesn’t make them scared of competition, in my opinion, I think it shows the ability to make a calculated decision based on factors that you feel are important. Whether you agree with the value he attributes to certain factors is a whole different story. I just think there is more than one way to skin a cat, so for a 5 star player who wants to make it to the NFL, there is a path Georgia offers and there is a completely different path that Miami offers right now, and there is evidence that both paths work.

Same reason we landed 5 stars last year. Some elite kids see a clearer path to playing time at a school like Miami vs Georgia + the extra suck tax $ is nice. This doesn’t make them scared of competition, in my opinion, I think it shows the ability to make a calculated decision based on factors that you feel are important. Whether you agree with the value he attributes to certain factors is a whole different story. I just think there is more than one way to skin a cat, so for a 5 star player who wants to make it to the NFL, there is a path Georgia offers and there is a completely different path that Miami offers right now, and there is evidence that both paths work.
the 5*s we got last year were OLs... Mario and Mirabel have a track record of recruiting and developing OLs...

this guy plays at a position that is coached by arguably our worst recruiter on staff...

Some kids would rather live in a world class international city like Miami, be surrounded by NFL hall of famers, beaches, and the most beautiful women on the planet from every background, and put on for a university that has won 5 national titles in recent years... and done so with a style that you'll get nowhere else. Maybe some kids would rather attend class in ritzy Coral Gables at a small private elite university rather than have to ride a cow to some class held in a field in a rural redneck ****kicker town like Athens GA.

But I don't know, to each his own. Some people like to drink their beer from a plastic cup, maybe Robinson isn't one of those people. We'll see.

Advertisement
Back