2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

Some kids would rather live in a world class international city like Miami, be surrounded by NFL hall of famers, beaches, and the most beautiful women on the planet from every background, and put on for a university that has won 5 national titles in recent years... and done so with a style that you'll get nowhere else. Maybe some kids would rather attend class in ritzy Coral Gables at a small private elite university rather than have to ride a cow to some class held in a field in a rural redneck ****kicker town like Athens GA.

But I don't know, to each his own. Some people like to drink their beer from a plastic cup, maybe Robinson isn't one of those people. We'll see.
Idk why but whenever I drink from a cup I feel like I drink so much more. Could be good could be bad. Prefer a bottle or can tho.

Advertisement
Like other high profile kids, they're waiting to see how we do this year. Funny, they don't seem to do that with other teams.

I've always felt that kids "waiting to see how we do" never ends up good for us.

To be fair, any kid that's been waiting to see how we do for the past 20 years has just seen us **** the bed and then faceplant in it.

I thought it stood as a similar situation to what we were told about Brandon Innis last year. If we win some games and look remotely competitive, the chances to sway would be much easier regardless of what UGA does. But man, it’s hard to get up just to get let down again. We shall see.

Idk why but whenever I drink from a cup I feel like I drink so much more. Could be good could be bad. Prefer a bottle or can tho.

Man, go to any bar in any college town in America and order a beer, and you'll get some nasty watered down **** in a plastic cup. That's the truth. I've never had beer watered down or served to me in a plastic cup anywhere in Miami, especially the kind of places a Miami Hurricane football player can get in to.

I'm with you though, I'd rather just drink straight from the bottle (I don't do cans personally) if I drink beer at home or at a house party. Even if it's gas station beer, I'm not putting that **** in a plastic cup. But that's what they do.

i still can't understand why this kid would even keep an opening for us..

he's the #1 CB by far committed to the 2 time defending champs and favorites to win again that have put tons of defensive first rounders in the league recently..

we're a 5-7 team with a DB coach that sucks at recruiting... even if we have a *great* season (like 10-2) and UGA has a disappointing season (also 10-2), then i still think we wouldn't have a shot with him...

I'd say this one would be best to assume we have no shot and if we do then it's worth being shocked about...
Excuse Me Tone GIF by All Creatures Great And Small

Advertisement
I thought it stood as a similar situation to what we were told about Brandon Innis last year. If we win some games and look remotely competitive, the chances to sway would be much easier regardless of what UGA does. But man, it’s hard to get up just to get let down again. We shall see.
yeah but Innis is from here.. he wanted a reason to stay home...

Man, go to any bar in any college town in America and order a beer, and you'll get some nasty watered down **** in a plastic cup. That's the truth. I've never had beer watered down or served to me in a plastic cup anywhere in Miami, especially the kind of places a Miami Hurricane football player can get in to.

I'm with you though, I'd rather just drink straight from the bottle (I don't do cans personally) if I drink beer at home or at a house party. Even if it's gas station beer, I'm not putting that **** in a plastic cup. But that's what they do.
I'll drink out of a cup once a year and that's at my buddy's opening day party for NFL. He will get a couple kegs.

sorry.. i'm just not banking on our worst recruiter stealing the top CB in the country from the best team in the country. i hope our coaches have a plan at CB besides Robinson...
Agreed. This one seems like a pipe dream even if we have a decent season. Obviously still should try to recruit him if he’s listening but it’s a longggg shot

Advertisement

This is absolutely not true at all lmao

Some kids would rather live in a world class international city like Miami, be surrounded by NFL hall of famers, beaches, and the most beautiful women on the planet from every background, and put on for a university that has won 5 national titles in recent years... and done so with a style that you'll get nowhere else. Maybe some kids would rather attend class in ritzy Coral Gables at a small private elite university rather than have to ride a cow to some class held in a field in a rural redneck ****kicker town like Athens GA.

But I don't know, to each his own. Some people like to drink their beer from a plastic cup, maybe Robinson isn't one of those people. We'll see.
Of any college town to make fun of Athena ain’t the one. It’s a good rural town, and yes rural areas have their own appeal. If you wanna **** on college towns look at T-Town, now that’s an truly awful town.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement

Five-star cornerback Ellis Robinson IV has been committed to Georgia since early February, but took a number of trips to Miami, and also saw Alabama over the summer. Robinson pushed back on any further interest in the Crimson Tide, but admitted that the Hurricanes still have his attention and that he’s in regular communication with staffers in Coral Gables.

The hope is to get down to a game at Hard Rock Stadium this fall. If Miami wants to have a chance, they’re going to have to win big in 2023. Georgia remains firmly in control of a pledge from the nation’s top-ranked cornerback.

I’m sorry for randomly bumping this but IMG game was Saturday and I’m still here Wednesday thinking how good Ellis was. I’m almost to the point I would say 1A Jeremiah Smith 1B Ellis Robinson. From the intercept to the way he came up and made hits. What Cribby say this guy is a 6 star lol

Advertisement
I’m sorry for randomly bumping this but IMG game was Saturday and I’m still here Wednesday thinking how good Ellis was. I’m almost to the point I would say 1A Jeremiah Smith 1B Ellis Robinson. From the intercept to the way he came up and made hits. What Cribby say this guy is a 6 star lol
Robinson is a baller. He deserves that #1 spot ESPN gave him.

Last edited:
There's a reason ESPN has him as their #1 overall prospect and I normally feel their rankings are trash. I thought Cormani was a special cornerback last cycle but this kids instincts and physicality at the position are at another level

He is who everyone thought Cormani was.

Advertisement
Back