CB Demetrius Freeney commits to Miami

Advertisement
@Paranos **** you doin man? Keep that stuff to yourself hermano.
throw-up-vomit.gif
No kidding!

Advertisement
It's not that confusing @DMoney, and it's actually part of the charm of this place; seeing the evolution of recruitment is a very cool thing, brother.

You shouldn't dismiss your core membership for "people who aren't on the board every day."
The threads still there. I’m failing to follow why this bothers you so much? Once a thread hits a certain number of pages it deviates from the op every time.

I respectfully recommend you blog about your resentment somewhere else

It’s too confusing when you have a thread about a prospect from months earlier and it’s being treated like a commitment thread. The timing is messed up, especially for people who aren’t on the board every day.
If they are not on the board everyday than **** them. Fair weather fans. Dont love The U when we are back

That makes it even more confusing. Every time you click into a thread, you pick up where you left off. More casual users start on the first page or somewhere in the middle. The thread title, if updated, doesn’t match the content.

You also don’t get front page content from that kind of thread. A new thread is easier to promote to the front page.

I agree there is value in the existing threads, which is why we lock instead of deleting. Maybe I could do more to keep them on the first page instead of dropping off.
Maybe link the original thread in the commitment thread?

Advertisement
OK; his profile said 2024, but wasn’t sure if that was a typo or if he reclassified, if he was ready to go now, etc.
Freeney was a full qualifier out of high school but went the JUCO route for whatever reason. He is listed as a 2024 kid because the vast majority of the time, kids of his caliber are at JUCO because of grade issues out of high school and it is assumed that they will need to graduate JUCO in order to be eligible to play. In Freeney's case he doesn't need to finish because he was already a full qualifier out of high school. He will be eligible to play for us immediately and will enroll this summer I believe.

The core users are better at navigating the board. The old thread doesn’t get deleted, it just doesn’t have new posts about a commitment. Those of us who are on here all the time know how to find it.
I only like having the recruitment threads open because it makes for great bumping down the road. I understand why you guys lock them for business purposes. Maybe you guys can unlock the recruitment thread after a week or so when the initial rush is over

Advertisement
It’s too confusing when you have a thread about a prospect from months earlier and it’s being treated like a commitment thread. The timing is messed up, especially for people who aren’t on the board every day.
D...

Update recruiting thread title with "Committed - [Insert Date Here] when the athlete makes the obviously correct decision in joining our Miami Hurricanes.

This way readers can start wherever they want and it encompasses all the good, bad, and ugly porsts from start through to after commitment until they join team for their first practice.

Also cleans up the thread count.

Easy right?

If the cat decommits (beacuse of mental illness obviously), update the thread title with that as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like to go on record with my statements so man can either say am stupid or i can come back and say see i was on to something. I have seen Richard play and Devante Brown is a really good CB. But by the end of the season, i could see this guy being the best CB we have on the roster. He is really fundamentally sound and understands coverages and leverages and because he is over 6' u cant just try to muscle him out when he has good coverage. I am actually more impressed after watching his film and watching @Stevo365 breakdown his film. Clamps. Might upgrade my 7-5 to 8-4.

Freeney was a full qualifier out of high school but went the JUCO route for whatever reason. He is listed as a 2024 kid because the vast majority of the time, kids of his caliber are at JUCO because of grade issues out of high school and it is assumed that they will need to graduate JUCO in order to be eligible to play. In Freeney's case he doesn't need to finish because he was already a full qualifier out of high school. He will be eligible to play for us immediately and will enroll this summer I believe.
He played QB in HS and didn’t have a lot of offers for QB coming out. Chose to switch to CB and go JUCO route. That’s what makes his potential really exciting is he’s barely even played the position.

Advertisement
Back