CB Demetrius Freeney commits to Miami

View as article
613f639b16381700041030ec.png

Advertisement
He played QB in HS and didn’t have a lot of offers for QB coming out. Chose to switch to CB and go JUCO route. That’s what makes his potential really exciting is he’s barely even played the position.
Francisco Mauigoa also played QB in HS. I wonder if this is an attribute they look for in defenders. Certainly helps with awareness and play recognition.

Something to keep an eye on.

I like to go on record with my statements so man can either say am stupid or i can come back and say see i was on to something. I have seen Richard play and Devante Brown is a really good CB. But by the end of the season, i could see this guy being the best CB we have on the roster. He is really fundamentally sound and understands coverages and leverages and because he is over 6' u cant just try to muscle him out when he has good coverage. I am actually more impressed after watching his film and watching @Stevo365 breakdown his film. Clamps. Might upgrade my 7-5 to 8-4.
Appreciate you checking it out fam!!

Advertisement
Look what y’all cry about 😂. I appreciate the commitment thread. I dont care for 80 pages of bs about kids that could end up somewhere else.

Advertisement
I just watched his HS film and tbh he was a very solid qb. It’s not like he was running a wing t or some run first offense. He was gripping it and ripping it. Rolling the pocket and throwing strikes. He also has a pretty good deep ball. He didn’t have as much cb film but the little I saw he was a very willing tackler and has exceptional awareness / anticipation. On one Int he left his man in the end zone and made a play on the ball with another wr, picking it off. He actually does this multiple times on HS film. He has some balls lol. You can see his speed on the scrambles and a punt return for Td. Demetrius fits the mold of what Mario continues to add to the roster……smart , athletic , hard working and character.

Advertisement
Forgot he was on scholly. Juco kids typically have shorter acclamation process that sounds rough.
He’s a project.

It’ll be 2 full seasons (2 springs, 2 fall camps) before you see his name anywhere

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back