CB Demetrius Freeney commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
So just mod the title to reflect that he committed on the day he did. UPDATE: COMMITS 6/8!! Then we get the best of both worlds.

I would make the argument it’s better for casual members who don’t frequent the board often. They may not even know who the kid is and know very little of his backstory and only come on to see what the fuss is after they hear of a commitment. Leave the original thread up so they can get some history into the kid, some early evals, some comps, who else offered, where he’s from, etc. I don’t see how 10 pages of “welcome to The U!!” helps much of anything, but it’s your site. Do as you feel is in the best interest of business.
That makes it even more confusing. Every time you click into a thread, you pick up where you left off. More casual users start on the first page or somewhere in the middle. The thread title, if updated, doesn’t match the content.

You also don’t get front page content from that kind of thread. A new thread is easier to promote to the front page.

I agree there is value in the existing threads, which is why we lock instead of deleting. Maybe I could do more to keep them on the first page instead of dropping off.

download.jpeg

It’s too confusing when you have a thread about a prospect from months earlier and it’s being treated like a commitment thread. The timing is messed up, especially for people who aren’t on the board every day.
It's not that confusing @DMoney, and it's actually part of the charm of this place; seeing the evolution of recruitment is a very cool thing, brother.

You shouldn't dismiss your core membership for "people who aren't on the board every day."

Last edited:
That makes it even more confusing. Every time you click into a thread, you pick up where you left off. More casual users start on the first page or somewhere in the middle. The thread title, if updated, doesn’t match the content.

You also don’t get front page content from that kind of thread. A new thread is easier to promote to the front page.
Can you just make the headline “CanesInsight News Alert, June 8, 2023, evening edition: cornerback Demetrius Freeney, who weighs approximately 180 pounds, commits to the Miami hurricanes” to help people like me understand stuff better?

Advertisement
It's not confusing @DMoney. It's part of the charm of this place.

You shouldn't dismiss your core membership for "people who aren't on the board every day."
The core users are better at navigating the board. The old thread doesn’t get deleted, it just doesn’t have new posts about a commitment. Those of us who are on here all the time know how to find it.

Every way to do it will have some unintended consequences. The best thing to do is to just pick something, stick to it and let half of CIS criticize you while the other half says nothing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's not that confusing @DMoney, and it's actually part of the charm of this place. Seeing the evolution of recruitment is a very cool thing, brother.

What’s confusing is 3 Gino threads instead of 1 on the baseball board. Same concept. Pete will do a talk about this and they’ll be a third thread when the first one is the most valuable…

The core users are better at navigating the board. The old thread doesn’t get deleted, it just doesn’t have new posts about a commitment. Those of us who are on here all the time know how to find it.

correct, and the casual users either know or will learn.

You should listen to the people who make the site what it is and keep this thing authentic.

Advertisement
If we aren’t going to merge threads, why not post the link to the locked or other threads in the OP…

Last edited:

I agree there is value in the existing threads, which is why we lock instead of deleting. Maybe I could do more to keep them on the first page instead of dropping off.
Can you unlock them after a while, alot of times there are threads with info that need to be bumped but having 100s of locked threads in future will be counter productive..

Advertisement
Back