CB Demetrius Freeney commits to Miami

Advertisement
That makes it even more confusing. Every time you click into a thread, you pick up where you left off. More casual users start on the first page or somewhere in the middle. The thread title, if updated, doesn’t match the content.

You also don’t get front page content from that kind of thread. A new thread is easier to promote to the front page.

I agree there is value in the existing threads, which is why we lock instead of deleting. Maybe I could do more to keep them on the first page instead of dropping off.

Simple. Just link to them from the new commitment thread in the OP for reference and history.

Advertisement
Okay, thought I knew how eligibility works but guess not. If he went JUCO his true Freshman year, does he have four years left to play three essentially?

I think d$ is the one who’s been locking them. I happened to be in that one when it was locked - I think I had the last post - but myself and the others aren’t always around for it.

If @DMoney locks it, is he the only one that can re-open it? Just curious if another Mod/Maude can go in and put a last post in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This man is already a legend. He will shut down receivers and found us a way to have threads unlocked/merged. Gold jacket him now

Advertisement
All imma say, if you're gonna lock the thread that has all the info on the player (including stats, player scouting, background, etc), at least put the players 247 profile link in the new post.

If the claim is to cater to ppl who don't care enough about UM to be on this site, well, spoon feed them the relevant info in the first post.

Not just a chalupa batman commitment tweet. Thats a lazy *** post.

That makes it even more confusing. Every time you click into a thread, you pick up where you left off. More casual users start on the first page or somewhere in the middle. The thread title, if updated, doesn’t match the content.

You also don’t get front page content from that kind of thread. A new thread is easier to promote to the front page.

I agree there is value in the existing threads, which is why we lock instead of deleting. Maybe I could do more to keep them on the first page instead of dropping off.

So link the original thread in the commitment post. Do it in bold, put asterisks around it, different color, etc.

So link the original thread in the commitment post. Do it in bold, put asterisks around it, different color, etc.

Adding the prominently-displayed link to the earlier thread seems like a solid idea.

Industry rankings, Hudl highlights, verified times/measurables... I appreciate easy access to that sort of information, especially when a recruit commits. And usually it's all in the original thread.

Advertisement
Back