Canes should cancel this bowl game; makes no sense to play it.

Advertisement
And I say **** yeah, **** yeah, **** yeah, fcking right, fcking right, alright I wanna watch more Canes football. But what I said still holds true.

Could u imagine the 1990 Canes team saying “Man, F The Cotton Bowl. It’s meaningless b/c we won’t win the Nat’l title.”

Or how bout the ‘93 Canes saying, “Man F the Fiesta. It’s meaningless b/c we won’t win the Nat’l title.

Or how bout the ‘96 Canes saying, F The Carquest Bowl. It’s meaningless b/c we won’t win the Nat’l title.

None us would say that chit; whenever u can put food on the table (cash prize), evals, more coaching from practice, and young guys getting even more experience, u take that. Furthermore, we have a new regime who’s interested to see what pieces they have from a coaching & player personnel standpoint. What better way than to see them in live game action?
I agree..but the moneys wasn’t the same back then. Bro if you notice these young athletes understand their monetary value more today than ever before..the stars shouldn’t risk their value at the next level by risking injuriy. We see how that hurt king..its jaylon smith who was a top 5 prospect and a freak before he tore his knee up…others like our Greg cooper..man so I agree with some of these cats sitting out..I think Cmac was the first major star to do it for the rose bowl.

But I also understand your point as well. Growing up for me bowl games were the most memorable games. And I think it’s important for the sport that these bowls create that. So I think they should incentive the players to participate. Players should get a cut for participation. Winners should get a bigger cut. I really believe that would help

And I say **** yeah, **** yeah, **** yeah, fcking right, fcking right, alright I wanna watch more Canes football. But what I said still holds true.

Could u imagine the 1990 Canes team saying “Man, F The Cotton Bowl. It’s meaningless b/c we won’t win the Nat’l title.”

Or how bout the ‘93 Canes saying, “Man F the Fiesta. It’s meaningless b/c we won’t win the Nat’l title.

Or how bout the ‘96 Canes saying, F The Carquest Bowl. It’s meaningless b/c we won’t win the Nat’l title.

None us would say that chit; whenever u can put food on the table (cash prize), evals, more coaching from practice, and young guys getting even more experience, u take that. Furthermore, we have a new regime who’s interested to see what pieces they have from a coaching & player personnel standpoint. What better way than to see them in live game action?
You're my man, but the 93 Canes absolutely said **** the Fiesta Bowl

For this game (Sun Bowl), the total payout is $4.55m, so we get half of that, that goes into the overall conference pot. Plus, I believe we qualify for $300k. I believe each school will get that amount if we qualified for the academic rating.
This is why I'm so ****ed at UVA and BC. There's gonna be less money for each ACC institution. **** those loser *****.

I agree..but the moneys wasn’t the same back then. Bro if you notice these young athletes understand their monetary value more today than ever before..the stars shouldn’t risk their value at the next level by risking injuriy. We see how that hurt king..its jaylon smith who was a top 5 prospect and a freak before he tore his knee up…others like our Greg cooper..man so I agree with some of these cats sitting out..I think Cmac was the first major star to do it for the rose bowl.

But I also understand your point as well. Growing up for me bowl games were the most memorable games. And I think it’s important for the sport that these bowls create that. So I think they should incentive the players to participate. Players should get a cut for participation. Winners should get a bigger cut. I really believe that would help
I have little doubt that the payout policy will be changed to reflect this.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Now the canes are forced to have a 4 day delayed arrival. They’re now scheduled to arrive 24 hours before the game due to many players out and entire position groups out due to covid.

To even attempt to play this game under these circumstances is foolish
What circumstances? So they'll be arriving when they'd arrive for a regular road game. They won't get to do whatever west Texas bullsh*t they'd normally do for a few days. Oh well .

Agree w/ u, but just remember Jaylon got he knee tore in a CFP game, just like Willis tore his knee up in the Nat’l title game. Bro, it can happen at any time. But, what u said in ur last paragraph is what I’ve been beating the drum on. These players need to get broke off. The NIL has to be incorporated into these bowl games. 100% agree w/ u. These sponsors r paying big $ to have their names attached.

Last edited:

sense.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here's your W op.

Listen I'ma be real with y'all.... I honestly really didn't care for this bowl anyway. I felt like Manny's stinch was still on the team and it kinda reminds me of seeing your ex one last time after a breakup. I'm just ready to move forward in the Mario timeline now.

Thank god! Praise Jesus! Finally someone with some sense making decisions and not reacting off emotions. Smart people have won out!

The risk of injury to many players would’ve been sky high due to lack of practice time. We gained nothing from playing this game.

Now we can focus on next season. New regime, different coaches…new schemes.

Advertisement
Back