Canes should cancel this bowl game; makes no sense to play it.

The Svengali

Sophomore
We should cancel this game; nothing good could come out of it. It’s all downside.

Teams are pulling out of bowl games at break neck speeds, yet are trying to play this game, even though many players have been in protocols and unable to practice, and you’re going to have guys in the game with little to no practice in a couple weeks.

This is a recipe for disaster and a good way to get guys injured. And that’s the last thing we need.

Turn the page on the season and move on.

Advertisement
OP sitting on his golden perch with no regard to depriving kids a trip to beautiful El Paso. There are people on their deathbeds whose last words are "I've lived a great life. No regrets....aside from not getting to visit El Paso in the winter."

We should cancel this game; nothing good could come out of it. It’s all downside.

Teams are pulling out of bowl games at break neck speeds, yet are trying to play this game, even though many players have been in protocols and unable to practice, and you’re going to have guys in the game with little to no practice in a couple weeks.

This is a recipe for disaster and a good way to get guys injured. And that’s the last thing we need.

Football is a violent sport. Cancel spring practice because players may get hurt?

Advertisement

You should cancel posting on this board. Nothing good comes of it. It’s all downside.

This is a recipe for disaster and a good way to make people get more stupid. and the last thing that we need.

Turn the page on your thoughts and move on

We should never aspire to be like Boston College and Virginia.

Are we turning into gator pu$$!9$ now? General Mario needs to come here and make some of us walk the plank…

1640539677097.jpeg

Advertisement
Hahahaha, I have been saying for years that these Bowl games are meaningless exhibitions. I recall saying this about West Virginia bowl game and a few were distraught at this notion.

Now we have people saying we should pull out of Bowl games. Excellent work.

I mean I guess the school? Conference may lose some money? I don't know.

Advertisement
Hahahaha, I have been saying for years that these Bowl games are meaningless exhibitions. I recall saying this about West Virginia bowl game and a few were distraught at this notion.

Now we have people saying we should pull out of Bowl games. Excellent work.

I mean I guess the school? Conference may lose some money? I don't know.
Where is the meaningful line? If you cant win your division, meaningful to still play? I don’t get this argument.

The bowl is to win the bowl. We used to want to play in the orange bowl and win it. Big 10 and pac 12 wanted the Rose Bowl. Now, somebody declared them all meaningless and people just repeat.

Some fans of the team that support the team like to go. Conference v Conference is a good indication of quality. Playing for pride. Playing for draft position. There seems to be lots of meaningful things to play for. School pride.

Advertisement

1640540506692.gif

Where is the meaningful line? If you cant win your division, meaningful to still play? I don’t get this argument.

The bowl is to win the bowl. We used to want to play in the orange bowl and win it. Big 10 and pac 12 wanted the Rose Bowl. Now, somebody declared them all meaningless and people just repeat.

Some fans of the team that support the team like to go. Conference v Conference is a good indication of quality. Playing for pride. Playing for draft position. There seems to be lots of meaningful things to play for. School pride.
Well to be fair, and I probably should have stated this.

Nothing is meaningless when money is involved.

Unless you are a nihilist, then everything is meaningless.

Advertisement
Back