Canes should cancel this bowl game; makes no sense to play it.

post breaking GIF

Advertisement
YOu should
We should cancel this game; nothing good could come out of it. It’s all downside.

Teams are pulling out of bowl games at break neck speeds, yet are trying to play this game, even though many players have been in protocols and unable to practice, and you’re going to have guys in the game with little to no practice in a couple weeks.

This is a recipe for disaster and a good way to get guys injured. And that’s the last thing we need.

Turn the page on the season and move on.
You should stop pretending to be a Miami fan... there is literally no reason for you to waste one more second of you valuable time continuing on with this charade. I get it... the troll in you gets off on the cheap thrill... but at this point the thrill is gone and its time for you to devote the rest of your days yelling at kids who come close to stepping on your lawn.

Sorry OP but this is loser mentality. Playing is still fun for those young men and it has many benefits still. Playing a team you normally wouldn't play against, gaining some momentum going into next season, national TV exposure for the players and even the assistant coaches who are now in the lead, more reps for young players especially the QB, etc.
College football players play the game because they want to not because they have to. Mentality of our team has to be anyone anywhere unless there is a compelling reason not to play like the health of the players or team outbreak.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Now the canes are forced to have a 4 day delayed arrival. They’re now scheduled to arrive 24 hours before the game due to many players out and entire position groups out due to covid.

To even attempt to play this game under these circumstances is foolish

Love threads like these…. Whatever they are doing let me take the opposite stance and feign outrage…

If they had canceled we probably would have heard how this university has no balls and will never get back to prominence for being weak etc….

Now the canes are forced to have a 4 day delayed arrival. They’re now scheduled to arrive 24 hours before the game due to many players out and entire position groups out due to covid.

To even attempt to play this game under these circumstances is foolish
In other words, they will have a normal travel schedule for a road game.

Advertisement
I agree with OP.

We have momentum going into NSD right now.
No reason to play a meaningless game with a skeleton coaching staff.

I won’t be mad if we do play, but playing in an empty stadium in El Paso doesn’t move the needle for me.

A loss can do do much more harm than a wan can do good.

Advertisement
In other words, they will have a normal travel schedule for a road game.

Gives the local Chamber of Commerce an extra few days to sell brisket to the couple of hundred fans who fly in for this game, you know, before it gets cancelled.

Man, you make a commitment you stick with it.

Even with some players out (no clue if that happens or doesn't), the next guy in line is going to get some shine on national television.

Bet they're looking forward to it.

I agree with OP.

We have momentum going into NSD right now.
No reason to play a meaningless game with a skeleton coaching staff.

I won’t be mad if we do play, but playing in an empty stadium in El Paso doesn’t move the needle for me.

A loss can do do much more harm than a wan can do good.
Skeleton coaching staff/lame duck coaching, empty stadium, meaningless game and countless players and whole position groups out for a couple weeks and unable to practice due to covid.

Attempting to play this game is insane. There is only downside risks here.

This game is a recipe for major injuries. Pull out of this game and let’s allow the new regime to get started. We ended the season with good momentum. Let’s shut it down and roll with that.

Advertisement
Back