Canes should cancel this bowl game; makes no sense to play it.

Advertisement
Wish? Did somebody say “WISH?!”

Pee Wees Playhouse 80S Tv GIF by absurdnoise

Your wish is granted, long live Jambi.

Advertisement
as I said before, let the purge begin. Lets see which guys on this current roster will even be around for the start of fall camp.

I think we have at least a few guys who really dont understand the sacrifice and commitment (both physical and mental) that go into being a 'real' college program.

We're gonna find out which guys really love football -- or just love being Miami Hurricanes in name.

I cant wait to see it

Thank god! Praise Jesus! Finally someone with some sense making decisions and not reacting off emotions. Smart people have won out!

The risk of injury to many players would’ve been sky high due to lack of practice time. We gained nothing from playing this game.

Now we can focus on next season. New regime, different coaches…new schemes.
1640574241491.gif

Advertisement
If your a competitor you hate this, you always want to compete. I can't speak for the rest of the people who disagree, because I'm competitor. I'm not shortsighted either and can understand their views for not wanting to play due to associated risks but if you are man in the arena, you compete no matter the circumstances.

I love tradition but Lost the battle as bowl games mean nothing now. In reality, at the end of the year 1-6 teams are battling for a shot at 3 meaningful bowls and only 4 get to play.

Just go to a large number of playoff spots like FCS. More teams have something to play for and incorporate the bowls in the process.

Less players will opt out. Of course there will be new variants next year so until they come up with a better plan we will never return to normalcy.

We should cancel this game; nothing good could come out of it. It’s all downside.

Teams are pulling out of bowl games at break neck speeds, yet are trying to play this game, even though many players have been in protocols and unable to practice, and you’re going to have guys in the game with little to no practice in a couple weeks.

This is a recipe for disaster and a good way to get guys injured. And that’s the last thing we need.

Turn the page on the season and move on.
Insane world were living in when such a reasonable suggestion is attacked like this.

Advertisement
**** that’s 2 straight years that community misses the income off hosting thst bowl too unless they find a replacement. Sucks.
Officially the off seasnon

I have no problems with dissenting opinions.

I take issue with pvssy quitter opinions.

That is all.
This doesn’t and never did fall under the category of quitting..I thought ppl were just throwing joking jabs at the schools who dropped out due to Covid..if ppl seriously saw it as teams avoiding a L and quitting then that thinking Is just foolishness lol

This doesn’t and never did fall under the category of quitting..I thought ppl were just throwing joking jabs at the schools who dropped out due to Covid..if ppl seriously saw it as teams avoiding a L and quitting then that thinking Is just foolishness lol

I've said it a million times. I hate the bowl games and wish they would go away. Having said that, we have them, they exist, and if we agree to play in one, I think we should.

I knew full well that the EVENTUAL cancellation of the game was a real possibility. But look at the discussion. People were ADVOCATING for cancellation of the game well in advance. And cited reasons such as the lack of meaning of the game.

We have two packs of jackals on this topic. One set of jackals wants to be "first" in pushing their hot takes about cancelling the bowl game, and while we did eventually cancel the bowl game, there was no reason to do so over a week in advance of the game. The other set of jackals wants to attack and mock every team that cancels, with no context or nuance, particularly that one dipsh!te who wanted to compare UM (a team that did everything to adjust its schedule and then pulled out of the bowl game nearly a week in advance) to F$U (a team that waited until the last possible moment to cancel the Clemson game, after Clemson had already travelled to the game, and announced a cancellation rather than a rescheduling).

I hate the bowls. I hope the bowls die. But if we sign the contract, I want to see us do everything possible to play the game, and not have a fanbase whining about pvssing out of the game over a week in advance.

Advertisement
I've said it a million times. I hate the bowl games and wish they would go away. Having said that, we have them, they exist, and if we agree to play in one, I think we should.

I knew full well that the EVENTUAL cancellation of the game was a real possibility. But look at the discussion. People were ADVOCATING for cancellation of the game well in advance. And cited reasons such as the lack of meaning of the game.

We have two packs of jackals on this topic. One set of jackals wants to be "first" in pushing their hot takes about cancelling the bowl game, and while we did eventually cancel the bowl game, there was no reason to do so over a week in advance of the game. The other set of jackals wants to attack and mock every team that cancels, with no context or nuance, particularly that one dipsh!te who wanted to compare UM (a team that did everything to adjust its schedule and then pulled out of the bowl game nearly a week in advance) to F$U (a team that waited until the last possible moment to cancel the Clemson game, after Clemson had already travelled to the game, and announced a cancellation rather than a rescheduling).

I hate the bowls. I hope the bowls die. But if we sign the contract, I want to see us do everything possible to play the game, and not have a fanbase whining about pvssing out of the game over a week in advance.

It’s totally disingenuous to compare this to the FSU fiasco for the reasons you mentioned.

Suggested this awhile ago. Now get the new staff in here and let's get to work.

Advertisement
Back