Canes should cancel this bowl game; makes no sense to play it.

I’ve been told that back in the old days bowl games were just glorified exhibition games. The national championship was already voted on before the bowls even took place.

For all but the 4 playoff teams, we have basically returned to that format. Just a bunch of exhibition games.

Advertisement
Smash Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

So other people's health is my and your responsibility? Do you go up to people that are smoking and slap the cigarette out of their hand? What about someone eating a quarter pounder? It's being compared to the flu because the flu kills just as many people
Yes. That’s called living within a society. We literally depend on a health care apparatus to work in good faith for the public’s health..same with food and public safety. But When someone is smoking a cigarette I get up and move😂..wtf does a quarter pounder have to with anything idk..

but again we are talking about football. It seems most ppl just think about players in this situation but it’s coaches and staff that are apart of this. And from what I understand we’ve been dealing with Covid among the staff not just players

Advertisement
Yes. That’s called living within a society. We literally depend on a health care apparatus to work in good faith for the public’s health..same with food and public safety. But When someone is smoking a cigarette I get up and move😂..wtf does a quarter pounder have to with anything idk..

but again we are talking about football. It seems most ppl just think about players in this situation but it’s coaches and staff that are apart of this. And from what I understand we’ve been dealing with Covid among the staff not just players
Why not tell the person smoking to put it out because it could kill them and others. If you care so much about other people's health and take it upon yourself to be a champion for their well being, that's what you would do. As far as a quarter pounder, eating fast food causes cholesterol to rise and obesity, which in turn causes heart disease. Heart disease and cancer kills WAY more people than covid. So if you're taking it upon yourself to make sure everyone stays healthy and safe, you better get going. You've got a lot of work to do

Just a FYI, and I’m not getting analytical w/ this, but on Mayo Clinic, there’s a question that’s answered which is “the difference between a common cold & Omicron Variant.” I found that to be interesting.
It’s why I made the Alka Seltzer “joke”

I’m not downgrading the entire situation but everyone I know that’s getting hit with it is fine after a day or two

Why not tell the person smoking to put it out because it could kill them and others. If you care so much about other people's health and take it upon yourself to be a champion for their well being, that's what you would do. As far as a quarter pounder, eating fast food causes cholesterol to rise and obesity, which in turn causes heart disease. Heart disease and cancer kills WAY more people than covid. So if you're taking it upon yourself to make sure everyone stays healthy and safe, you better get going. You've got a lot of work to do
Bruh😂..it’s a football game we are talking about. If 20 plus players are sick plus coaches (per reports) and you already had to cancel your original arrival date your not playing a **** football game..all this other **** you talking about is nonsense..it sucks because we all wanted to watch the canes one more time before the off season but it’s not gunna happen..and now you’ve got me craving a quarter pounder your a ******* *******😂😂

It’s why I made the Alka Seltzer “joke”

I’m not downgrading the entire situation but everyone I know that’s getting hit with it is fine after a day or two
My home boys GF had to go to the hospital Christmas Eve. She’s 28 and a fine individual. Seems to effect different ppl differently

Advertisement
Bruh😂..it’s a football game we are talking about. If 20 plus players are sick plus coaches (per reports) and you already had to cancel your original arrival date your not playing a **** football game..all this other **** you talking about is nonsense..it sucks because we all wanted to watch the canes one more time before the off season but it’s not gunna happen..and now you’ve got me craving a quarter pounder your a ******* *******😂😂
You better hope I don't see you eating it cause I'll slap that delicious son of a bïtch out of your hands, because I care about you ❤

You better hope I don't see you eating it cause I'll slap that delicious son of a bïtch out of your hands, because I care about you ❤
Appreciate it..but if you slap my quarter pounder out of my hands thers gunna be some furniture moving

My home boys GF had to go to the hospital Christmas Eve. She’s 28 and a fine individual. Seems to effect different ppl differently
Yes of course my man. I definitely don’t want to get into this blanket statement stuff when it comes to such a huge issue. I think that’s where the whole thing goes off the rails in the first place

Advertisement
Jon Feleciano, currently with the Bills, spent time in the Emergency Room for Covid late last week. It impacts many people differently. He’s missed his second straight game. It took Jason Tatum of the Celtics months to return to form (he said he used was forced to use an inhaler for 4-5 months)

3. Legitimately rational folks who know Omicron is a f**king cold or scratchy throat, having killed ONE person in the States—compromised health in his mid-fifties, with underlying conditions—yet we're trying to stop the f**king world all over again, despite this being a ridiculously watered-down version of what we were dealing with 18 months ago.

Enough already. Zero reason to shut down the world again over what is looking more and more like the common cold with a fancy, scary name.
No one is talking about shutting down the world.
Please take the all emotion of it and focus for a second (and I’m not trying to be mean).

This is only about canceling the bowl game because Miami has too many players out (including the entire O-line group and DB unit) to safely play Friday's game, due to the 10 day quarantine requirement per the ACC guidelines (est. summer 2020).

This isn’t about Omicrons potency, vaccine efficacy or shutting the world down. Bottom line: Miami plays in the ACC and must abide by ACC guidelines. It also impacts other sports, not just football.

Outbreaks within Duke, VT, and BC basketball, and the 10-day quarantine guideline (which left them with less than 8 players) also pushed those universities to cancel all basketball games this week and upcoming weekend.

The NFL, NBA and NHL are all dealing with this, and they have been modifying their guidelines to try and hit this moving target.

Please take the all emotion of it and focus for a second (and I’m not trying to be mean).

This is only about canceling the bowl game because Miami has too many players out (including the entire O-line group and DB unit) to safely play Friday's game, due to the 10 day quarantine requirement per the ACC guidelines (est. summer 2020).

This isn’t about Omicrons potency, vaccine efficacy or shutting the world down. Bottom line: Miami plays in the ACC and must abide by ACC guidelines. It also impacts other sports, not just football.

Outbreaks within Duke, VT, and BC basketball, and the 10-day quarantine guideline (which left them with less than 8 players) also pushed those universities to cancel all basketball games this week and upcoming weekend.

The NFL, NBA and NHL are all dealing with this, and they have been modifying their guidelines to try and hit this moving target.

You are totally missing your own point. You wanted the game canceled because of possible game injuries. That was a silly reason in my opinion

Advertisement
Jon Feleciano, currently with the Bills, spent time in the Emergency Room for Covid late last week. It impacts many people differently. He’s missed his second straight game. It took Jason Tatum of the Celtics months to return to form (he said he used was forced to use an inhaler for 4-5 months)

I had it over the summer..my respiratory was off for months afterwards. Nothing serious but a very noticeable difference

Here’s the deal, coaches have been sick. Period. Coaches leaving. Period. No one at UM gave two ***** about the bowl game. That’s the reality.

As for omicron. It’s bull****. It’s a **** cold.

I saw the ESPN crawl indicating the ACC dropped the quarantine period from 10 days to 5. Too late to affect our bowl game, and I don't know if it would have made a difference. All we can do is adapt.

You are totally missing your own point. You wanted the game canceled because of possible game injuries. That was a silly reason in my opinion
I was crystal clear on my point on my very first post. Namely, my thesis statement was, no practice time for a large number of players over a matter of weeks and lack of player availability due to Covid protocols could lead to an exponential risk for injuries.

I stand by that.

I took time out to spell it all out clearer in later posts to connect all dots for those who had trouble comprehending why.

There was only downside risk, and that game was ripe for disaster. Many teams with smart leadership were pulling out of bowl games due to those variables and the ever evolving situation.

Thankfully, rational minds in the Miami athletic department thought this through.

Advertisement
Back