Canes 9-3 according to USA ToDay..

The only loss I will accept this season is FSU on the road to go 0-8 the last 8 against them. I will accept this loss if and only if we get them in the ACC championship game and end the streak. Even then I am having a hard time accepting a loss from them. Not this year, not with this Defense and the skill set combined with speed that we have. We need to spread them out and run bubble screens to Thomas, Harley, and Richards with Cager blocking. Its one move and take it to the house.

Advertisement
People always talk so tough before teh season and then are willing to bend over backwards to find excuses after the season to justify what went wrong.

9-3 is a COMPLETE FAILURE? Ok, hope I don't find out your reactions but if it happens I guess the majority here will be calling for some serious coaching changes

Absolutely....and i have a feeling if we find a way to lose 3 games on that schedule the #1 hot topic will be the offensive coordinator situation, and rightfully so.

There. are. no. excuses. this. year.

We. Will. Have. A. True. Freshman. Non. Early. Enrollee. Playing. Quarterback.

HE.CHOSE.TO.RUN.THE.INCUMBENT.OUT.OF.TOWN

As such, there are no excuses. He did everything but sign Kaaya's NFL declaration on the way out the door. The fact he kept trying to stick him in a RPO is a whole other conversation but the point is...QB isn't an excuse. The schedule is weak enough, the defense is strong enough, and the skill position depth is deep enough that Mickey Mouse could line up at QB and we'd still win 10 with competent play calling.

Last edited:
People always talk so tough before teh season and then are willing to bend over backwards to find excuses after the season to justify what went wrong.

9-3 is a COMPLETE FAILURE? Ok, hope I don't find out your reactions but if it happens I guess the majority here will be calling for some serious coaching changes

Absolutely....and i have a feeling if we find a way to lose 3 games on that schedule the #1 hot topic will be the offensive coordinator situation, and rightfully so.

As such, there are no excuses. He did everything but sign Kaaya's NFL declaration on the way out the door. The fact he kept trying to stick him in a RPO is a whole other conversation but the point is...QB isn't an excuse. The schedule is weak enough, the defense is strong enough, and the skill position depth is deep enough that Mickey Mouse could line up at QB and we'd still win 10 with competent play calling.

Can't argue with this. Richt has his QB, despite not knowing who the fvck it is right now. I guess he's in the exact situation he wanted to be.

10 wins or else he has to wear a dunce cap for the rest of his life.

Our schedule is so easy this year FSU on the road is the only acceptable loss no matter who the QB is.

Advertisement
ND is gonna suck, plays players have started to mutiny on Kelly.

VaTech is the most likely loss behind FSU
They sucked last year, too. Guess what, they beat us and only 3 other teams in 2016.

And THAT game...is a HUGE indictment on Richt's play calling. Zero excuse for losing that game....that was an absolute embarrassment and a low point for the team last year. That kind of **** can't happen again or then it's fair to start questioning what the **** is going on.

And. You. Know. This. How? Link. Please.

Because. Two. Plus. Two. Equals. Four

Advertisement
11-1 or 10-2 at worst. Schedule lines up perfectly with a few layups following FSU. No real chance for a post-FSU meltdown if we lose.

"Third-year junior started all 38 games (22-16). “He’s OK,” said one scout. “It sets me back when the coaches are excited he’s leavin’.” Finished as the Hurricanes’ all-time leading passer."

Ranking the NFL draft prospects: Quarterbacks

11-1.

We have a championship D.

We have top TE RB WR and a very serviceable OL. QB has to manage the games and let the stars on offense do their damage.

We are so accustomed to losing to NC, VT etc but those days are ova.

We have enough depth and are two deep at all positions save for TE.

We have top notch coaching at last. Watch coach Diaz and the D dominate like old canes. Offense may not dominate as much but the horses are there.

9-3 seems highly likely.

Nobody wants to believe that we're capable of losing to inferior ACC teams but it happens every year, and not just to us.

GT beat FSU in 2015.

Pitt beat Clemson in 2016.

It's a wacky conference.
True dat. I mean, that's just college football.

Coastal isn't the CoaRstal anymore either.

Advertisement
L vs FSU
3 Games 50-50 ---- results based on injuries
UNC on the Road - They will score points = not sure we will
ND - Lost a lot of close games last year and Kelly playing for his job
Va Tech - always a crazy game

2 to 3 L's

I get the true freshman argument but the schedule would make a 9-3 record really disappointing.

I believe Richt almost always won the games he was supposed to do I don't know that we lose to an inferior team. Only teams that truly concern me are fsu and VT. Everyone else we really should beat, even with a true freshman qb

Advertisement
Like I opined in one prediction thread, 9-3 Reg Season is a fair record forecast: Given depth (even thinner with Linder quitting), injury unavoidability, and QB learning curve, it just seems the most likely outcome.

The only loss I will accept this season is FSU on the road to go 0-8 the last 8 against them. I will accept this loss if and only if we get them in the ACC championship game and end the streak. Even then I am having a hard time accepting a loss from them. Not this year, not with this Defense and the skill set combined with speed that we have. We need to spread them out and run bubble screens to Thomas, Harley, and Richards with Cager blocking. Its one move and take it to the house.

Soooo...you already know what the game plan should be? I assume you've sent Richt your resume. And please describe what happens if an unacceptable loss occurs.

Honestly, it's all on Richt and the Offense. If he gets out of his own way, plays up-tempo, and lets Perry operate primarily out of the shotgun where he's comfortable (assuming he's the guy), I don't see how we can't go undefeated. Not saying it will happen, but we have the talent to do it.

ND is gonna suck, plays players have started to mutiny on Kelly.

VaTech is the most likely loss behind FSU

Why do you think VaTech is gonna come to Miami and beat us? I don't think FSU could come in here and beat us. We shouldn't lose a home game this season.

Advertisement
Back