Canes 9-3 according to USA ToDay..

VA tech is most likely most important game. Might be a tie breaker for with them at the end of the year for the coastal

Advertisement
FSU, ND, and maybe Pitt? I dunno about those last two but even some knucklehead on this forum said something about Toledo so I guess anybody can throw some **** at the wall to see if it will stick.

Pitt isn't beating us. They may not beat anyone at all w what they lost.

10 wins should be the standard going forward! Anything less would have to be based on depth issues. OL play has to be better than last year and Walton should have a Heismanesque year. I'm not putting this all on our offense either. Our Defense should be and will have to be great to win us games.

10 wins should be the standard going forward! Anything less would have to be based on depth issues. OL play has to be better than last year and Walton should have a Heismanesque year. I'm not putting this all on our offense either. Our Defense should be and will have to be great to win us games.

I agree. The only time we should ever dip below 10 wins is when we have more injuries than normal, some bad luck, and the teams we play are better than average. I'll throw in poor QB play in there as well. Think 1999. Otherwise, there really is no excuse to see 9 win seasons anymore.

Advertisement
The only loss I will accept this season is FSU on the road to go 0-8 the last 8 against them. I will accept this loss if and only if we get them in the ACC championship game and end the streak. Even then I am having a hard time accepting a loss from them. Not this year, not with this Defense and the skill set combined with speed that we have. We need to spread them out and run bubble screens to Thomas, Harley, and Richards with Cager blocking. Its one move and take it to the house.

Soooo...you already know what the game plan should be? I assume you've sent Richt your resume. And please describe what happens if an unacceptable loss occurs.

Take it easy Krypto. I am just a fan like you. I was referring to most people, fans and media predicitng we lose 2-3 games. I was stating that a loss to FSU would feel better (No loss to them ever does) if we came back to get revenge in the ACC title game. My other statement was about the skill set and improved speed. Richt called a lot of bubble screens on the outside last year. **** I think he called three in a row against App State. I am just excited about the season and I don't think getting to the playoffs is out of the question. Other teams have done it. Why can't we?

FSU, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame are toss-ups imo

Pitt, UNC, GT are games we could possibly lose.

Bethune, ASU, Toledo, Cuse, Duke, UVA means we'll be playing in a bowl game.

The only loss I will accept this season is FSU on the road to go 0-8 the last 8 against them. I will accept this loss if and only if we get them in the ACC championship game and end the streak. Even then I am having a hard time accepting a loss from them. Not this year, not with this Defense and the skill set combined with speed that we have. We need to spread them out and run bubble screens to Thomas, Harley, and Richards with Cager blocking. Its one move and take it to the house.

Soooo...you already know what the game plan should be? I assume you've sent Richt your resume. And please describe what happens if an unacceptable loss occurs.

Take it easy Krypto. I am just a fan like you. I was referring to most people, fans and media predicitng we lose 2-3 games. I was stating that a loss to FSU would feel better (No loss to them ever does) if we came back to get revenge in the ACC title game. My other statement was about the skill set and improved speed. Richt called a lot of bubble screens on the outside last year. **** I think he called three in a row against App State. I am just excited about the season and I don't think getting to the playoffs is out of the question. Other teams have done it. Why can't we?

Just making the point that nobody's even seen fsu play yet, so it's hard to know what the plan should be. And I keep seeing people say this or that thing is "unacceptable" so I wonder what that means. What happens if there's a loss you can't accept? Do you stop watching games, fire a coach, what?

With a gun to my head I'd tell you that I want to beat fsu in the regular season more than anything else. It's the only time we know we're getting a shot at them. Of course if we beat them and make the ACCCG that will become the most important win to get, but first things first.

Just making the point that nobody's even seen fsu play yet, so it's hard to know what the plan should be. And I keep seeing people say this or that thing is "unacceptable" so I wonder what that means. What happens if there's a loss you can't accept? Do you stop watching games, fire a coach, what?

With a gun to my head I'd tell you that I want to beat fsu in the regular season more than anything else. It's the only time we know we're getting a shot at them. Of course if we beat them and make the ACCCG that will become the most important win to get, but first things first.

I get what you are saying. I just want us back to where we belong as a program. I watched the ESPN College Football Program last night and it was all about FSU in the ACC and nothing about us. FSU is the all time overrated program or the most underacheiving. It is one of the two. I have no gameplan and I have no coaching experience on my resume but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Advertisement
9-3 seems highly likely.

Nobody wants to believe that we're capable of losing to inferior ACC teams but it happens every year, and not just to us.

GT beat FSU in 2015.

Pitt beat Clemson in 2016.

It's a wacky conference.

FSU-UNC-VA TECH and Notre Dame have had our number for years....Time to turn it around...

9-3 seems highly likely.

Nobody wants to believe that we're capable of losing to inferior ACC teams but it happens every year, and not just to us.

GT beat FSU in 2015.

Pitt beat Clemson in 2016.

It's a wacky conference.

I think people forget even the best team of all time could have lost to BC with less than a minute to go. Just got by VT by 2, now we're talking about putting a freshman in to start and expect to go 11-1? The following year we are all expecting 11-1 or better if we find a QB.

Things seem to be trending toward 2018 being the year.

That's not to say we can't have a big year in 2017 but there probably won't be as many "ifs" in 2018.

Except our entire DL changing over. There will be question marks every year

Exactly. I was going to say this, but I decided to read through first to be sure somebody else didn't already state the obvious. Chad Thomas and Trent Harris are definitely gone after this season, and it's at least likely enough that Richt felt the need to address it that Norton and McIntosh are leaving if they have productive years.

The hands-down strength of this year's team, the D-Line, will be next year's unproven quantity.

People always talk so tough before teh season and then are willing to bend over backwards to find excuses after the season to justify what went wrong.

9-3 is a COMPLETE FAILURE? Ok, hope I don't find out your reactions but if it happens I guess the majority here will be calling for some serious coaching changes

Absolutely....and i have a feeling if we find a way to lose 3 games on that schedule the #1 hot topic will be the offensive coordinator situation, and rightfully so.

There. are. no. excuses. this. year.

We. Will. Have. A. True. Freshman. Non. Early. Enrollee. Playing. Quarterback.

Perry hasn't won anything yet, and if he does win it, he will have beaten out a red-shirt Junior, a red-shirt Sophomore, a red-shirt Freshman, a true Freshman early enrollee, and a walk-on legacy by the name of Testaverde. CMR and Co. seem to be confident in the level of QB play thus far during camp, and so are the rest of the players. So it's not like we have a bunch of scrubs. I've never been fully on the N'Kosi Express, call me a skeptic, but if he wins the **** job he's beat out some quality guys. Richt only ever played one true Freshman during his time at UGA, and it was a **** good one. I don't expect Perry to be any different should Richt decide to give him the nod.

OK, I do not understand BOTH 9-3 AND winning the Coastal.

Look at the schedule.

Let's say we lose to F$U as one of our losses. OK...

So that just leaves 2 options. Either we lose to 2 more ACC teams OR we lose to 1 more ACC team and Notre Dame.

Let's say it is the Notre Dame option. Presumably, the other ACC team we would lose to would be a division opponent, such as UNC or VaTech.

Then, with TWO losses in the ACC, and with either UNC or VaTech holding a tie-breaker over us, that means that one of those teams would need to lose THREE games in the ACC for Miami to win the Coastal. AND that means that nobody else finishes with only 1 loss in the Coastal (and presumably that loss would be to UM).

And it gets even harder to go 9-3 AND win the Coastal if we beat Notre Dame.

It just seems very unlikely.

Either we win 10 or more and win the Coastal...OR we win 9 or fewer and lose the Coastal.

Personally, I think a 9 win regular season is likely, and winning the Coastal is unlikely. The only way to win the Coastal is to...LOSE TO SYRACUSE!:sanford:

Advertisement
We lose 3 coach needs to fire himself from OC. All that speed on O And a great D . 3 L means . You conservative we should win off specials teams . Berrios catch ball hand it off to Thomas

Lose to FSU and Notre Dame?

Only if Richt vapor locks on the play calling like last year.

I hate to point this out, and I'm not singling you out, but last year's play calling wasn't all on Richt. His offensive system is all about using a power running game to wear down teams and set them up for play-action over the top. Kaaya's footwork from under center was atrocious, but couple that poor footwork with poor run AND pass blocking and you've got a recipe for disaster. And it's why Richt switched to the RPO and short passing game, hoping that these would serve as running plays to keep the defense honest.

I know Richt took a lot of heat, saying that his play calling was a little rusty, but y'all didn't believe that right? I mean, no coach is going to come out and say he couldn't call the game he wanted because he didn't have the players to execute the game plan. But for real, he's been a QB coach and offensive coordinator for two Heisman Trophy QB's and a head coach for 15 years. He didn't forget how to call plays.

I hate to point this out, and I'm not singling you out, but last year's play calling wasn't all on Richt. His offensive system is all about using a power running game to wear down teams and set them up for play-action over the top. Kaaya's footwork from under center was atrocious, but couple that poor footwork with poor run AND pass blocking and you've got a recipe for disaster. And it's why Richt switched to the RPO and short passing game, hoping that these would serve as running plays to keep the defense honest.

I know Richt took a lot of heat, saying that his play calling was a little rusty, but y'all didn't believe that right? I mean, no coach is going to come out and say he couldn't call the game he wanted because he didn't have the players to execute the game plan. But for real, he's been a QB coach and offensive coordinator for two Heisman Trophy QB's and a head coach for 15 years. He didn't forget how to call plays.
That's bs kaaya should of been pulled several games . He could of been more creative heck he could of ran a wild cat . Run run over thrown pass

Advertisement

That's bs kaaya should of been pulled several games . He could of been more creative heck he could of ran a wild cat . Run run over thrown pass

Yeah...brand new HC is going to sit the school's all time leading passer. Okay. Which games, sir? Which games would you have made Kaaya ride pine, and for whom?

Yeah...brand new HC is going to sit the school's all time leading passer. Okay. Which games, sir? Which games would you have made Kaaya ride pine, and for whom?

Pull him to calm him down and try a running qb to keep teams like fsu honest instead of killing the rbs in the backfield all game. Just use your weapons . Kaaya had padded stats cut the bs . Example next year they stop run go fast with all your speed on the field . Force olbs to cover all your speed . We have a lot of speed at wr this year . Dallas wr , Jeff rb , Harley slot , richardson out side and plus I think we have an all . American TE .

We didn't have those options at receiver last year, as you pointed out. I also don't think Richt, or anybody else if they're honest with themselves, would have been comfortable sitting Kaaya and bringing in Rosier against FSU. I could have seen is against VaTech, and a good case could be made that both Rosier and Shirreffs could have gotten more snaps in the early year blow outs, but the fact is that last year's offense pretty much sucked. AR82 was a godsend as a true freshman, but can you imagine how bad we would have been had he NOT turned out to be better than his billing?

We didn't have those options at receiver last year, as you pointed out. I also don't think Richt, or anybody else if they're honest with themselves, would have been comfortable sitting Kaaya and bringing in Rosier against FSU. I could have seen is against VaTech, and a good case could be made that both Rosier and Shirreffs could have gotten more snaps in the early year blow outs, but the fact is that last year's offense pretty much sucked. AR82 was a godsend as a true freshman, but can you imagine how bad we would have been had he NOT turned out to be better than his billing?

Wasn't saying the entire game vs fsu just to pull the **** ball on the RPO . If I was Walton and yeaby i would beat kaaya *** . De crashing full speed running start every time killing them because he wouldn't pull it . Pull it , dump pass something **** it lol . James will come down in the box if we don't open it up . Force him to cover Jeff on slot pass . Just use what u have . Berrios played his *** off that game and kaaya imo lost the game

Advertisement
Back