Canes 9-3 according to USA ToDay..

The key to this season, with only some 72 scholarship players ,is to stay healthy. Teams like Bama with 2 deep on the depth chart, can absorb 6-7+ injuries and barely miss a beat, we cant.

We stay healthy,we beat the Vegas spread.

Advertisement
The key to this season, with only some 72 scholarship players ,is to stay healthy. Teams like Bama with 2 deep on the depth chart, can absorb 6-7+ injuries and barely miss a beat, we cant.

We stay healthy,we beat the Vegas spread.

Agreed. We're probably still a year away. Injuries happen.. and we don't have the depth for it.

That's an easy prediction.

9-3 is the Richt annual standard

We're going to go 9-3 every year ----with no ships

We literally have no idea how our QB play will turn out. No reason to expect a 10-2 season.

yea zero reason to expect 10 wins you are right. It means jack s*** to have one of the best defenses in the nation and to have a ton of play makers on offense. None of this matters anymore. All that matters is that we have lost Nick Linder and N'Kosi doesn't weigh 220lbs yet. Until Nick decides to rejoin the team and N'Kosi gets to 220lbs we should just hope to go .500 f*** it.

9-3 seems highly likely.

Nobody wants to believe that we're capable of losing to inferior ACC teams but it happens every year, and not just to us.

GT beat FSU in 2015.

Pitt beat Clemson in 2016.

It's a wacky conference.

I think people forget even the best team of all time could have lost to BC with less than a minute to go. Just got by VT by 2, now we're talking about putting a freshman in to start and expect to go 11-1? The following year we are all expecting 11-1 or better if we find a QB.

Things seem to be trending toward 2018 being the year.

That's not to say we can't have a big year in 2017 but there probably won't be as many "ifs" in 2018.

Except our entire DL changing over. There will be question marks every year

Advertisement

All right, I gotta call this one out for the most basic of issues - the author, Alex Makrides appears to have just graduated from UGA within the past few months and is spitting out content at a ridiculous rate. He's just doing his job, but it appears that his job is just to grab a few factoids (probably from Porter) and toss out a record without A) any real analysis, B) statistics and C) validation as to his reasoning.

The article does not provide a lick of insight or rationale and should be flatly ignored at this point.

Good analysis of a very shītty article

People always talk so tough before teh season and then are willing to bend over backwards to find excuses after the season to justify what went wrong.

9-3 is a COMPLETE FAILURE? Ok, hope I don't find out your reactions but if it happens I guess the majority here will be calling for some serious coaching changes

If we want to win the coastal we have to beat VT at home. The UNC game is a weird one, the home team lately has won that game. UNC comes off playing at VT while we play Syracuse at home, we should win that.

People always talk so tough before teh season and then are willing to bend over backwards to find excuses after the season to justify what went wrong.

9-3 is a COMPLETE FAILURE? Ok, hope I don't find out your reactions but if it happens I guess the majority here will be calling for some serious coaching changes

Dude, 9-3 is a COMPLETE and utter failure of a season. This team is built to do it right now, especially against this schedule

Advertisement
The only games I see us losing this year possibly are Road games, I don't think we'll lose at Home.

So, that basically leaves FSU, UNC & maybe Pitt.

I think we'll win at least 2 out of those 3 Road games, we're not losing to Duke or Toledo on the Road.

We're not losing to GTech, Notre Dame or Va Tech in Hard Rock & Idgaf how cold it is, Pitt ain't beating us on the road either.

We should beat UNC pretty handily considering how much they lost last season, I mean they literally added something like 5 or 6 Grad transfers for this year all at key positions for starters & they haven't recruited all that well either.

FSU is really the only question mark on the schedule, because regardless of who our QB is they have a very athletic Defense on the edge that produced a ton of Sacks last year.

I think we can beat them finally, but we're going to have to play our best Football of the season in all 3 phases of the game in order to get it done.

We play Toledo at home. Arky State on the road.
You're right, my mistake.

Absolutely....and i have a feeling if we find a way to lose 3 games on that schedule the #1 hot topic will be the offensive coordinator situation, and rightfully so.

There. are. no. excuses. this. year.

Let me say this as clearly as I can.

Losing THREE games THIS season with THAT schedule and THAT defense would be a failure of a season. Richt is making ALOT of money...there are no excuses for not winning the Coastal this year and news flash....a three loss record ain't winning you the Coastal.

preach

Advertisement

Absolutely....and i have a feeling if we find a way to lose 3 games on that schedule the #1 hot topic will be the offensive coordinator situation, and rightfully so.

We. Will. Have. A. True. Freshman. Non. Early. Enrollee. Playing. Quarterback.

Advertisement
10-2 worst case. Richt had Greyson Lambert as his QB his last year at Georgia and the team went 10-3. Greyson was a transfer from Virginia, he left because he got beat out and was 2nd string. Richt's 4 star QB's at GA didnt' pan out so Greyson was next man up. As bad as he was they still went 10-3. Canes QB's, including freshman, are infinitely better than Greyson. If he starts a freshman then he will unfortunately play not to lose versus playing to win. We shall see.

He. Only. Has. To. Play. One. Team. Worth. A. ****. Before. Week. 6

In 7 week (counting the bye), he can find his rhythm and we will know how nasty our defense is or isn't. 4-1 going into Georgia Tech and I promise you he'll have enough experience at that point to win 6 of his last 7 with what we have back and what we are about to develop.

Related question: Would you rather go 9-3 and win the Coastal? Or 10-2 and not win the Coastal (losses to FSU and ACC Coastal winner)?

I don't see a game on our schedule that we can't win and to be honest, outside of FSU, no team on our schedule has any business beating us this year. But that's on paper. As many have pointed out, our depth is razor thin at a couple of key places (RB, TE) and we may be starting a true freshman QB. So ultimately, I will not be surprised if we drop a game or two to inferior teams. But, I do think that one of the most important goals for this year is finally winning the Coastal. It's absolutely crazy that we have yet to play in an ACC title game.

He. Only. Has. To. Play. One. Team. Worth. A. ****. Before. Week. 6

In 7 week (counting the bye), he can find his rhythm and we will know how nasty our defense is or isn't. 4-1 going into Georgia Tech and I promise you he'll have enough experience at that point to win 6 of his last 7 with what we have back and what we are about to develop.

Well that's certainly the best case scenario.

Advertisement
Back