Can y’all STFU about 56 now please?!

A few years ago Clemson literally had 4 1st round picks on the DL and still found a way to get meaningful snaps for Cristian Wilkins as a freshman. How many draft picks do we have on that starting DL line other than JHH?

Advertisement
I think he was just getting his feet wet out there. That’s why getting him in for a snap or two against MSU would’ve been beneficial. He definitely needs work, but the technique and mental aspect of the game will come, definitely agree that it’s too early to start but he should get more snaps. And in fairness, Bully Ball is what got Nesta this far, and he’s starting.
Andddd Nesta is on his way to being Undrafted.

Advertisement
Slow eyes was what I saw. Most likely the added weight impacted him and effected his change of direction. He’s also probably thinking out there.

Not what I’d have hoped, but in my experience you get better with real reps in a game. Jordan Miller makes many of the same mistakes.

When you weight the impact of the program in the future if you lose Taylor, giving him reps each game seems worth it to me to keep him happy, but there’s no denying the debut was a bit underwhelming against a team that probably wasn’t a step up from some of the high schools he played.
If you promise a kid playing time during his recruitment , tell him during the season multiple weeks he’ll play then he doesn’t that’s a lie. Which hurts you with transfers amd recruiting. I don’t get the point of this thread unless it’s a passive aggressive way of defending this idiotic staff. Don’t make multiple promises to recruits trying to be big time recruiters and not live up to the deal. If people knew the whole story their opinion would magically change.

Last edited:
Slow eyes was what I saw. Most likely the added weight impacted him and effected his change of direction. He’s also probably thinking out there.

Not what I’d have hoped, but in my experience you get better with real reps in a game. Jordan Miller makes many of the same mistakes.

When you weight the impact of the program in the future if you lose Taylor, giving him reps each game seems worth it to me to keep him happy, but there’s no denying the debut was a bit underwhelming against a team that probably wasn’t a step up from some of the high schools he played.
It's kind of hard to tell based on many of the plays. He faced a tandem block a portion of his plays. He was asked to slant across like 283 gaps on some others. His best attribute right now is the first step and the swim move, yet he was removed for many (if not all?) of the passing down situations.

A few years ago Clemson literally had 4 1st round picks on the DL and still found a way to get meaningful snaps for Cristian Wilkins as a freshman. How many draft picks do we have on that starting DL line other than JHH?
They were beating teams to sleep

Had the highest run defense grade on the team. Obviously he's not playing at an All American or even all ACC level but he played well yesterday and not playing him when we are down big against Bama and Mich State made zero sense. Staff trying to play head games with the freshman. We rotate a ton. Give the kid a couple series a game like every other school America would be doing.
Only Miami , it’s coaches and fans would take this situation and make it difficult lol. It’s comical man.

Advertisement
Only Miami , it’s coaches and fans would take this situation and make it difficult lol. It’s comical man.
LT is a natural talent, you dont sit him behind a Jon ford. Same as Ivy, I would play dunson regardless. some kids shown after 10 years on the job here they just dont have it lol. We have guys who are about the get tenure at U of M and they still make the same mistakes.

LT is a natural talent, you dont sit him behind a Jon ford. Same as Ivy, I would play dunson regardless. some kids shown after 10 years on the job here they just dont have it lol. We have guys who are about the get tenure at U of M and they still make the same mistakes.
The crazy thing is people are in here arguing this like people want him starting. No, give him a few snaps since our dt‘s are meh and don’t lie every week. That tends to rustle kids and they talk to other recruits. This is how you know our staff is a bunch of twits. on top of a million other issues .

Relax, I’m sorry but I dont See what ford or Miller do at all that he can’t right now no matter if he’s young or not. With that being said, he’s just getting his feet wet

I do...The problem is Taylor is a 3 tech, and that's a strength on a defense filled with holds.

Last edited:
The crazy thing is people are in here arguing this like people want him starting. No, give him a few snaps since our dt‘s are meh and don’t lie every week. That tends to rustle kids and they talk to other recruits. This is how you know our staff is a bunch of twits. on top of a million other issues .

This I can agree with. Should be in the rotation

Diaz is so weird (i.e.clueless) with his rotation and substitutions (over-rotates some spots, and then some other decent players can't get 10 snaps a game)

Advertisement
This I can agree with. Should be in the rotation

Diaz is so weird (i.e.clueless) with his rotation and substitutions (over-rotates some spots, and then some other decent players can't get 10 snaps a game)
They mishandle so many situations that’s simple , they can‘t get out of their own way.

Last edited:
They lied, they lied, oh boohoo, if you only knew the whole story. Who and why would anyone make promises and how were they said, not how were they interpreted? Sound like a *****, sorry that sounds rude, but that's just the way it is.

Kid has work to do and looked serviceable with a couple of flashes. No shame in how he played yesterday. Keep working and I promise (see what I did there) he'll see the field some. Is he some surefire 1st rounder as advertised, promised, etc? No, not even close.

I've come to realize SFL 5 star OL/DL recruits are often severely overrated and that's probably due to the lack of techniques and real football being taught down there.

Nobody needs to try and defend this staff.

recruits look at see ford, ivy, Harley etc and they are thinking to themselves, the fix in in. How can you play kids that will never sniff the nfl after being here 4-6 years over elite freshman talent? LT's first step is on another level.

Advertisement
They lied, they lied, oh boohoo, if you only knew the whole story. Who and why would anyone make promises and how were they said, not how were they interpreted? Sound like a *****, sorry that sounds rude, but that's just the way it is.

Kid has work to do and looked serviceable with a couple of flashes. No shame in how he played yesterday. Keep working and I promise (see what I did there) he'll see the field some. Is he some surefire 1st rounder as advertised, promised, etc? No, not even close.

I've come to realize SFL 5 star OL/DL recruits are often severely overrated and that's probably due to the lack of techniques and real football being taught down there.

Nobody needs to try and defend this staff.
You’ll be the first person crying when these kids leave or quit coming. You must lack common sense if you don’t get how this works. The people ripping the kid will be in here saying “ ***** the home town kids for not repping Miami“ , as you deep throat the staff. Also pt isnt the only lies, this staff has alot of warts but continue being in denial.

You’ll be the first person crying when these kids leave or quit coming. You must lack common sense if you don’t get how this works. The people ripping the kid will be in here saying “ ***** the home town kids for not repping Miami“ , as you deep throat the staff. Also pt isnt the only lies, this staff has alot of warts but continue being in denial.
Until someone can explain to me a reason for Ivy to play after he singlehandily lost us games for 3 years. I dont care about what these people say. Gaynor sucks, Ford Suck, Ivy sucks, Jennings sucks, and kids have to sit behind them.

recruits look at see ford, ivy, Harley etc and they are thinking to themselves, the fix in in. How can you play kids that will never sniff the nfl after being here 4-6 years over elite freshman talent? LT's first step is on another level.
Yes sir, the cult of manny will die on the hill for their boo as everything burns around them.

Man, I don't cry about anything that's out of my control. That's how grown *** men operate.

I said it before, you address his complaining and if he wants to pop off about leaving afterwards, you show his *** the door.

Does that mean those on the staff handled it all correctly, no. Still, you want to cry and sit in the corner mumbling about leaving , grab a canoe and paddle on out OR stfu and get back to work until they can't leave you off the field.

There you go again with alluding to whatever to try and defend your point. You need to learn to say your piece and let it go. You're fragile as **** with what you say (man, telling you this guy is a 1st round talent, etc) and always have to defend it all tooth and nail. He's not some crazy can't leave off the field player now. It is what it is.

By the way, we're all used to the top kids heading out of town. Would you come play here? I don't rip anyone for that.

Advertisement
Back