Can y’all STFU about 56 now please?!

Zero technique. None. Simply playing bully ball. He’s going to be a star, but he’s NOT READY, and he’s NOT better than the kids ahead of him right now. The staff deserves an avalanche of criticism, but not every single dude we got is a ******* moron and not every single decision they make is wrong.

Simpson is a good DL coach. I think we were all in agreement on that. Let him cook and do his thing. Taylor will be fine, he’s got abilities that can’t be taught. But what can be taught is not there yet. Give it some time.
Kid's got a bright future, but like 99% of Freshman DTs he's raw and needs work. If we could handle business on the field like we should, he should be getting in for mop up duty.

No need to rush him. He's our star DT of the future, and if Simpson is worth his salt he has a plan to get him there.

Advertisement
Zero technique. None. Simply playing bully ball. He’s going to be a star, but he’s NOT READY, and he’s NOT better than the kids ahead of him right now. The staff deserves an avalanche of criticism, but not every single dude we got is a ******* moron and not every single decision they make is wrong.

Simpson is a good DL coach. I think we were all in agreement on that. Let him cook and do his thing. Taylor will be fine, he’s got abilities that can’t be taught. But what can be taught is not there yet. Give it some time.
OK

That might be what you’re asking for. And it’s reasonable and rational. A lot of people around here think the kid should be getting major snaps without having ever seen him play just cause he has some stars next to his name. If there’s anyone on this staff I trust to evaluate and put the best product out there, it’s Jess. So I was really eager to see what 56 would do when he got some run, and watched with a completely open mind. I saw a kid who looks like he’s in HS. But he needs to keep getting some reps when he can, at least maybe 5-7 plays a game against legit competition. That and working with Jess in practice will accelerate his development.
Not really disagreeing with you but I do believe 95% of us is begging for him to play simply because we've been disappointed with Ford and Miller.

Advertisement

100%. He was a mess technique wise and had minimal impact. The pre madonna has to chill out. He needs to study, watch film, practice his technique, get in better shape, gain strength, and then he will crush people. Until then, he is just a former 5 star with potential.

Last edited:
Advertisement

He looked slow and lost but in all fairness to him, maybe he would've played better had he had some more game experience by now. Not fair to compare him against guys that have played more games.

Can can't just sit a kid on the bench and hope he develops. He's gotta build his confidence outside of the practice field too. There's too many coaches, GAS, etc, for someone to not be able to Jess or whoever a nudge to get him in there. We sub all the **** LBs on the team, regardless of performance. Why not get your future stud some snaps. Clemson did the same thing last year with the Brian Briese kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He looked slow and lost but in all fairness to him, maybe he would've played better had he had some more game experience by now. Not fair to compare him against guys that have played more games.
Agree but he seemed to improve as the game went on. Just like anybody else he needs reps and should get at least a few every game for development. From my eyeballs he looks like an oversized linebacker. Needs to hit the weight room.

Even if what you wrote is true when you sign 5* studs,you have to give them a few snaps a game or they leave.DJ Williams couldn't beat out the other LBs when he was a freshman and they played him at FB just to keep him engaged and not transfer back home.Just the way it is.
Give him a few snaps per game at RT just to keep him engaged. Why hasn’t Manny thought of that?

Advertisement
Back