Can y’all STFU about 56 now please?!

Zero technique. None. Simply playing bully ball. He’s going to be a star, but he’s NOT READY, and he’s NOT better than the kids ahead of him right now. The staff deserves an avalanche of criticism, but not every single dude we got is a ******* moron and not every single decision they make is wrong.

Simpson is a good DL coach. I think we were all in agreement on that. Let him cook and do his thing. Taylor will be fine, he’s got abilities that can’t be taught. But what can be taught is not there yet. Give it some time.

Advertisement
Zero technique. None. Simply playing bully ball. He’s going to be a star, but he’s NOT READY, and he’s NOT better than the kids ahead of him right now. The staff deserves an avalanche of criticism, but not every single dude we got is a ******* moron and not every single decision they make is wrong.

Simpson is a good DL coach. I think we were all in agreement on that. Let him cook and do his thing. Taylor will be fine, he’s got abilities that can’t be taught. But what can be taught is not there yet. Give it some time.
Couldn't agree more. I saw the same thing on the snaps he got today.

Advertisement
I think he was just getting his feet wet out there. That’s why getting him in for a snap or two against MSU would’ve been beneficial. He definitely needs work, but the technique and mental aspect of the game will come, definitely agree that it’s too early to start but he should get more snaps. And in fairness, Bully Ball is what got Nesta this far, and he’s starting.

Even if what you wrote is true when you sign 5* studs,you have to give them a few snaps a game or they leave.DJ Williams couldn't beat out the other LBs when he was a freshman and they played him at FB just to keep him engaged and not transfer back home.Just the way it is.

Advertisement
So he may have faced tougher competition in HS, but Taylor's quickness off the ball was apparent. Penetrated several times, making the 1 tfl. Sure technique needs work, but the potential/talent is there to MAKE PLAYS, in contrast with the career JAGS who eat snaps and little else. Taylor should at least be in the rotation at DT.

I think he was just getting his feet wet out there. That’s why getting him in for a snap or two against MSU would’ve been beneficial. He definitely needs work, but the technique and mental aspect of the game will come, definitely agree that it’s too early to start but he should get more snaps. And in fairness, Bully Ball is what got Nesta this far, and he’s starting.

I don’t agree with him not playing a single snap at the end of the 2 losses. But it’s clear he’s nowhere near a polished product. He’s quick as fvck, that’s for sure. And he should’ve gotten a few snaps before this week. But the crying on this board has been disgraceful. I saw a kid who physically dominated kids at the HS level who isn’t quite strong enough yet to win here and doesn’t use his hands very well. Firing face first into Alabama’s linemen simply isn’t going to work. He has a Lot to learn, and he will. But he’s not one of our 4 best DTs right now. Very well might be in a few weeks, but people losing their minds because he isn’t heavily in the rotation hopefully can calm down after today. But I’m sure that’ll happen 😂 😂

None of our defensive lineman play with technique, and it's by design. Our defensive line is told to get upfield as quickly as possible and play the run on the way to the QB.
Right... So what exactly is ford and miller doing that's better than what Taylor can do? I haven't seen Ford or Miller make a play in the backfield like that yet.

Advertisement
So he may have faced tougher competition in HS, but Taylor's quickness off the ball was apparent. Penetrated several times, making the 1 tfl. Sure technique needs work, but the potential/talent is there to MAKE PLAYS, in contrast with the career JAGS who eat snaps and little else. Taylor should at least be in the rotation at DT.
Exactly man. Most of the ppl are reasonable and just want him to play/get snaps because that would only help him. I mean, there's ppl like me who think he should start lol but still, Letting him rot on the bench is dumb and pointless.

Advertisement

100% slow off the ball and no eye control RBs ran right next to him and he never saw them. Lots of potential but #5 DT at this point

That's all we're asking for.

That might be what you’re asking for. And it’s reasonable and rational. A lot of people around here think the kid should be getting major snaps without having ever seen him play just cause he has some stars next to his name. If there’s anyone on this staff I trust to evaluate and put the best product out there, it’s Jess. So I was really eager to see what 56 would do when he got some run, and watched with a completely open mind. I saw a kid who looks like he’s in HS. But he needs to keep getting some reps when he can, at least maybe 5-7 plays a game against legit competition. That and working with Jess in practice will accelerate his development.

Advertisement
Back