Can y’all STFU about 56 now please?!

His first step is elite, and it got him instant pressure in the backfield multiple times today, even though it’s a weak opponent to judge against.

I don’t think anybody is asking for him to be a starter, but no reason not to see snaps considering how we like to swap out half our defense every two plays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Part of the reason our overall development is bad is because theres no real competition. For one, it doesnt put pressure on the starters to perform or get better. And (2) it has to be demoralizing for the young guys to out perform the vets, and not play. Creates a losing culture. Explains why our players regress every year. Come in hot and hungry out of highschool to learn that you just have to wait your turn and then your spot will be secure no matter how badly you perform.

If you think he is better than 81, 96, 91, 1 right now you have no idea about football. Now I can agree we can work him on a few snaps per game moving forward to expediate development, but he isn’t a better option than those top 4 right now. Doesn’t mean he isn’t more naturally gifted, and won’t be better.

His first step is elite, and it got him instant pressure in the backfield multiple times today, even though it’s a weak opponent to judge against.

I don’t think anybody is asking for him to be a starter, but no reason not to see snaps considering how we like to swap out half our defense every two plays.
I think that was just an effort thing. I saw him literally stand up and catch the OL on one play and get off the ball like a bat out of he'll on the next... which was a TFL.
I am not a for DL or OL. I was out wide but I know he needs more technique but it seems like he made plays when he tried and didn't make plays when he did not try.
His biggest asset is his speed off the ball but he needs to use it every play while he develops techniques

Advertisement
If you think he is better than 81, 96, 91, 1 right now you have no idea about football. Now I can agree we can work him on a few snaps per game moving forward to expediate development, but he isn’t a better option than those top 4 right now. Doesn’t mean he isn’t more naturally gifted, and won’t be better.

I was with you on 81, 1 and 96. Not sure Miller plays any better than Taylor right now, and Taylor's ceiling is in a different stratosphere.

He should be getting more reps, there's no question about it. Silverado, Ford, etc. aren't going to give you any meaningful data against a team like that, but Taylor isn't better than them yet. He lost a few reps today in pretty poor fashion.

Advertisement
Yall need to cut the crap. You are saying people need to stop crying...so what, so we watch Ford and Miller continue to allow to teams to just run the ball at us? Taylor is a true FR my stance and others wasnt that he was Sapp, what we said was if your 4th and 5th yesr SRs continue to make FR mistake, you should play the more talented FR. Thats simple logic. And aint **** gonna change about that. So shut tf up. Some of you was waiting on the smallest opportunity to go back to slurping Diaz. This is DL, there is no way with how bad we have played that he should have not gotten a single snap until this game. F outa here.

Yall need to cut the crap. You are saying people need to stop crying...so what, so we watch Ford and Miller continue to allow to teams to just run the ball at us? Taylor is a true FR my stance and others wasnt that he was Sapp, what we said was if your 4th and 5th yesr SRs continue to make FR mistake, you should play the more talented FR. Thats simple logic. And aint **** gonna change about that. So shut tf up. Some of you was waiting on the smallest opportunity to go back to slurping Diaz. This is DL, there is no way with how bad we have played that he should have not gotten a single snap until this game. F outa here.

Never said he shouldn’t have played. I said he shouldn’t be heavily in the rotation over any of the 4 kids we’ve got. Yet. He should be playing a couple snaps a game and should've gotten in at garbage time vs Bama and MSU. Now go put some Bailey’s in your coffee and cheer up, buttercup.

Zero technique. None. Simply playing bully ball. He’s going to be a star, but he’s NOT READY, and he’s NOT better than the kids ahead of him right now. The staff deserves an avalanche of criticism, but not every single dude we got is a ******* moron and not every single decision they make is wrong.

Simpson is a good DL coach. I think we were all in agreement on that. Let him cook and do his thing. Taylor will be fine, he’s got abilities that can’t be taught. But what can be taught is not there yet. Give it some time.
Answer one question
Can you show me his stat line next to each of the guys ahead of him, from yesterday's game?

Advertisement
Had the highest run defense grade on the team. Obviously he's not playing at an All American or even all ACC level but he played well yesterday and not playing him when we are down big against Bama and Mich State made zero sense. Staff trying to play head games with the freshman. We rotate a ton. Give the kid a couple series a game like every other school America would be doing.

Last edited:
Just let him play like 5 snaps on Thursday to keep him from moping around and wanting to transfer.

Slow eyes was what I saw. Most likely the added weight impacted him and effected his change of direction. He’s also probably thinking out there.

Not what I’d have hoped, but in my experience you get better with real reps in a game. Jordan Miller makes many of the same mistakes.

When you weight the impact of the program in the future if you lose Taylor, giving him reps each game seems worth it to me to keep him happy, but there’s no denying the debut was a bit underwhelming against a team that probably wasn’t a step up from some of the high schools he played.

Advertisement
Back