Can evan shirreffs win the starting spot ?????

If the primary concern is beating FSU this season, and nothing else, Shirreffs may actually be your man. Trubisky nickel and dimed them all game on short-intermediate throws to Switzer; he was one step ahead of their blitzes and made nothing but high percentage reads. This is where Evan excels.

If UNCs defense didn't let up 3 late TDs the game wasn't even close.
If Evan was as good as Trubisky this wouldn't even be a conversation

Advertisement
Talked to one of the players father after spring and he said that Evan looked the best of all the QBs. This "news" doesnt surprise me.

I talked to a gUy who cutz da grass at Greentree and he confirms dat Evan looking like da bestest QB so far.

If the primary concern is beating FSU this season, and nothing else, Shirreffs may actually be your man. Trubisky nickel and dimed them all game on short-intermediate throws to Switzer; he was one step ahead of their blitzes and made nothing but high percentage reads. This is where Evan excels.

I think Trubisky is extremely overrated, but that's an NFL questuon which is neither here nor there. He was a fine college QB.

All of our QBs are a completely unknown quantity. The question is which has the most similar skillset to the last QB which gave them the most trouble recently. Now, if they are any good at executing it is what we have to find out these coming weeks.

A lot of people are going to hate on anyone not named N'kosi Perry, but Shirreffs senior year he threw for a very efficient 2,000+ yards and 30 TDs w/ few interceptions. He's put on good weight and he doesn't have a "noodle" arm. It's not Perry's, but he has other intangibles which, IMO, merit considerarion, especially with this boards narrow focus on FSU.

For those that actually know...what kind of arm does Shireffs have? What does it compare to?

I think Trubisky is extremely overrated, but that's an NFL questuon which is neither here nor there. He was a fine college QB.

All of our QBs are a completely unknown quantity. The question is which has the most similar skillset to the last QB which gave them the most trouble recently. Now, if they are any good at executing it is what we have to find out these coming weeks.

A lot of people are going to hate on anyone not named N'kosi Perry, but Shirreffs senior year he threw for a very efficient 2,000+ yards and 30 TDs w/ few interceptions. He's put on good weight and he doesn't have a "noodle" arm. It's not Perry's, but he has other intangibles which, IMO, merit considerarion, especially with this boards narrow focus on FSU.

Good post. Most are too blinded by hype to think rationally

Advertisement

I get what you're saying. Trubisky might be overrated but we saw first hand how his versatility beat us.

We are overrating our offense. We may have weapons but we don't have the ones that will out-athlete FSU by default. The QB will absolutely have to make some big plays.

We will see. The defense should give us a chance.

But you are correct, QB is a total unknown right now.

I've said this a few times before and I still believe it. I just don't see Perry getting the keys right out from the gate when the kid has never even suited up in a real game. I fully suspect they'll start Sheriffs, with Perry getting a lot of snaps. If Perry is he goods we'll find out soon enough and he can take over the starting job at some point.

Talked to one of the players father after spring and he said that Evan looked the best of all the QBs. This "news" doesnt surprise me.

I talked to a gUy who cutz da grass at Greentree and he confirms dat Evan looking like da bestest QB so far.

You can make all the jokes you want. I could give a rats *** if you believe it or not. Im just sharing what was told to me. I never said i was an insider.

It was Malik Mayweathers father who told me if you must know.

Dont try and play me like i come on here blabbing a bunch of bullshid like 90% of you dense dumbazzez do.

Lol at a walk on qb giving us the best opportunity to beat FSU and being compared to a 1st round draft pick.

Advertisement
A "distributor of the ball" isn't going to beat FSU, but you guys keep banging that drum if it makes you feel better

Our QB is going to need to make some big plays, not just rely on the other guys. He's going to be under a ton of heat. But hey, only a whole **** ton of history supports that logic.

Find it funny that one poster mentioned Eli Manning and his internal clock to throw the ball away. Ummm, believe Eli had like close to 10 secs and a defender draped on him when he throw that gutsy hail marry to Tyree in the middle of the field in SB XLII. Had he just threw that ball away, as he said, we'll be talking about the 07 Pats as being the greatest team ever v. The greatest team to never win a SB. And Eli had 24 TDs to 18 ints that year!

U can't just win games w a QB simply throwing the ball out of bounds. Sooner or later, he's going to need to win some games and make some plays. We don't need hero ball, but we do need the guy who can make the play to extend the drive or put us in a position to win. Shirreffs reminds me of Gray Crow right now; great size and potential and that's it.

Lol at a walk on qb giving us the best opportunity to beat FSU and being compared to a 1st round draft pick.
Please list your rational for Rosier, Testeverde, Weldon, or Perry being a proven better options at this point?

I must have missed those three or four touchdown passes Malik through against Clemson in relief of Brad Kaaya. Clemson is a much better comparison for what he'll face over the Duke game people are pounding their chest over.

History shows us in the FSU-MIAMI series the team that establishes the run and the QB that makes the fewest mistakes wins. PERIOD

True. But recent history shows us that FSU's defense is complete *** against a QB who can run, and Top 10 against a Pro-Style attack. Play N'Kosi and stop playing to their Strengths

A "distributor of the ball" isn't going to beat FSU, but you guys keep banging that drum if it makes you feel better

Our QB is going to need to make some big plays, not just rely on the other guys. He's going to be under a ton of heat. But hey, only a whole **** ton of history supports that logic.

Neither is a guy with questionable decision making and penchant for turnovers.

Sheriffs issues seem to stem from not trusting his arm and stretching the field vertically . Seems to play it too safe. From all accounts he knows the playbook, is a film nut, and is highly intelligent. All he needs is more confidence to throw down field and take some risks.
Are you taking about Rosier? If you are I totally agree. Rosier isn't winning that game.

Yes I was referring to Rosier.

Advertisement
I must have missed those three or four touchdown passes Malik through against Clemson in relief of Brad Kaaya. Clemson is a much better comparison for what he'll face over the Duke game people are pounding their chest over.

LOL...according to this logic, you would've been writing off Dorsey in 00' because He "only beat Rutgers, Syracuse, & Temple" in 99'.

Neither is a guy with questionable decision making and penchant for turnovers.

Sheriffs issues seem to stem from not trusting his arm and stretching the field vertically . Seems to play it too safe. From all accounts he knows the playbook, is a film nut, and is highly intelligent. All he needs is more confidence to throw down field and take some risks.

[video=youtube_share;naF027UIPwc]https://youtu.be/naF027UIPwc[/video]

Any interviews from fall camp? I'd like to compare what he is saying now vs what he said back in the Spring.

LOL...according to this logic, you would've been writing off Dorsey in 00' because He "only beat Rutgers, Syracuse, & Temple" in 99'.
Not at all true. The discussion is about the QBs on this team relative to one another, period. Dorsey isn't relevant to this discussion because his attributes became very apparent. All Malik did was not messup the Duke game so bad that our Desperado return still had a chance.

Bottom line, here's a quote from someone who actually played with Shirreffs: "Spot on, Evan is more than capable to leading the team this year and is still my pick at this point."

Advertisement

Please list your rational for Rosier, Testeverde, Weldon, or Perry being a proven better options at this point?

He's the same moron who said the guy who got drafted in the NFL by the Lions is garbage. But go figure...

Last edited:

Find it funny that one poster mentioned Eli Manning and his internal clock to throw the ball away. Ummm, believe Eli had like close to 10 secs and a defender draped on him when he throw that gutsy hail marry to Tyree in the middle of the field in SB XLII. Had he just threw that ball away, as he said, we'll be talking about the 07 Pats as being the greatest team ever v. The greatest team to never win a SB. And Eli had 24 TDs to 18 ints that year!

U can't just win games w a QB simply throwing the ball out of bounds. Sooner or later, he's going to need to win some games and make some plays. We don't need hero ball, but we do need the guy who can make the play to extend the drive or put us in a position to win. Shirreffs reminds me of Gray Crow right now; great size and potential and that's it.
It's just completely bizarre that we are talking about Evan Sherrifs and people are mentioning Dorsey, Trubisky, Eli Manning etc I mean what the **** are we even talking about?

Money post....He is here to compete and he is doing that

Last edited:

He's the same moron who said the guy who got drafted in the NFL by the Lions is garbage. But go figure...

Kaaya is garbage like 99% of NFL draft picks that get drafted at the end of the 6th round.

But to answer the original hilarious response.... my rationale is simply Shireffs is a walk on caliber qb The End. I'm not talking about the other qbs.

Advertisement
Back