Can evan shirreffs win the starting spot ?????

Advertisement
Sure . I kinda think he will . Perry I believe will be eased in and start game 4 after we lose to at fsu . We are losing that game regardless and it will give us a reason to give the true fresh a start. I think that will be our only loss though and we get fsu back bigtime in the ACCCG and beat them 2 tds. But that is just my opinion of how things shake out. Rozier is a good back up but not a starter IMO . Sherieffs is better but not by much . Perry is the stud and will be the talk of football once we win out after the fsu game.

Advertisement
We would be begging for the days of Ryan Williams and Jake Heaps

LOL...Senior year Williams was looking good till He got hurt. I remember thinking Williams had no shot after watching Him step in for SteMo in that UNC game...same way I thought Shirreffs had no shot after watching Him in last year's Spring Game. Hopefully Shirreffs has made the same strides that Williams made.

When you have playmakers at every skill position and a top 5 defense, you just need a QB who can distribute the ball, doesn't take sacks, and won't turn ball over. That easily gets us to 10-2 (sucks if we lose to FSU but we'll get the last laugh as I suspect we'll be playing Clemson in acc championship game). VT will be the far more important game in terms of where we finish.

Anyways, there was an interesting article I found on Eli Manning the other day that talked about how often he threw the ball away and some people complaining he should hold onto the ball longer. He has his internal clock, if quickly makes his reads, if it's not there he throws it away. He'd rather take an incompletion on third down and flip field position with a punt than try to make a play, get sacked and put his D on a short field. I think Sherriffs can play that style and be a winner. Perry has far greater arm talent, but especially against FSU, trying to be a hero and taking a dumb sack on 2nd and 6 (making it 3rd and long, basically resulting in a punt or a bad forced throw) will be what kills us. A true frosh with phenomenal talent might have a little too much confidence for his own good. If we didn't have the D and Walton, I think Richt takes more of a gamble at QB. I'm guessing if Sherriffs is much better at not making negative plays (which is a different standard than making positive plays) he stands a good chance of winning the spot.

Advertisement
When you have playmakers at every skill position and a top 5 defense, you just need a QB who can distribute the ball, doesn't take sacks, and won't turn ball over. That easily gets us to 10-2 (sucks if we lose to FSU but we'll get the last laugh as I suspect we'll be playing Clemson in acc championship game). VT will be the far more important game in terms of where we finish.

Anyways, there was an interesting article I found on Eli Manning the other day that talked about how often he threw the ball away and some people complaining he should hold onto the ball longer. He has his internal clock, if quickly makes his reads, if it's not there he throws it away. He'd rather take an incompletion on third down and flip field position with a punt than try to make a play, get sacked and put his D on a short field. I think Sherriffs can play that style and be a winner. Perry has far greater arm talent, but especially against FSU, trying to be a hero and taking a dumb sack on 2nd and 6 (making it 3rd and long, basically resulting in a punt or a bad forced throw) will be what kills us. A true frosh with phenomenal talent might have a little too much confidence for his own good. If we didn't have the D and Walton, I think Richt takes more of a gamble at QB. I'm guessing if Sherriffs is much better at not making negative plays (which is a different standard than making positive plays) he stands a good chance of winning the spot.

Wowser! There is at least one sane poster around here. Agree totally. The only thing Perry has on Sherrifs right now is that he has a stronger arm and high school hype.
Sherrifs is bigger, smarter, and faster thanPerry right now. Those are facts. Sherrifs has 3 year head start training, lifting, learning the playbook. We need a caretaker this year . Don't **** up. Hand it to Walton, make good decisions.

Wowser! There is at least one sane poster around here. Agree totally. The only thing Perry has on Sherrifs right now is that he has a stronger arm and high school hype.
Sherrifs is bigger, smarter, and faster thanPerry right now. Those are facts. Sherrifs has 3 year head start training, lifting, learning the playbook. We need a caretaker this year . Don't **** up. Hand it to Walton, make good decisions.

Sheriffs isnt faster than perry. And playing qb isnt as easy as dont turn the ball over and get the playmakers the ball.

Sheriffs isnt faster than perry. And playing qb isnt as easy as dont turn the ball over and get the playmakers the ball.

Yes he is.

No clue why everyone is so upset about Evan being in the race against a kid that has had 4 practices of college ball.

Advertisement

Yes he is.

You havent seen sheriffs run. He is no where near faster than perry. He isnt even faster than weldon.

No clue why everyone is so upset about Evan being in the race against a kid that has had 4 practices of college ball.

I think most just dont believe it based on how horrible he was in the spring scrimmages.

Sure . I kinda think he will . Perry I believe will be eased in and start game 4 after we lose to at fsu . We are losing that game regardless and it will give us a reason to give the true fresh a start. I think that will be our only loss though and we get fsu back bigtime in the ACCCG and beat them 2 tds. But that is just my opinion of how things shake out. Rozier is a good back up but not a starter IMO . Sherieffs is better but not by much . Perry is the stud and will be the talk of football once we win out after the fsu game.

wtf?

bunch-of-slack-jawed-s-o.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement

I think most just dont believe it based on how horrible he was in the spring scrimmages.

Sherrifs is a lot bigger now. His arm strength is probably still average but he is a big dude that can run a little bit. Take some hits. He looked about 6'5 225-230 today.
Watching highlights of Perry, he's not really a running qb. He scrambles a bit but looks to throw on the run. His HS running stats were lower than 200 yards both Sr and Jr. Year. He'll get killed worse than Kaaya did with RPO.

Yes he is.

You havent seen sheriffs run. He is no where near faster than perry. He isnt even faster than weldon.

Saw it today. What are you basing this on?

Sherrifs is a lot bigger now. His arm strength is probably still average but he is a big dude that can run a little bit. Take some hits. He looked about 6'5 225-230 today.
Watching highlights of Perry, he's not really a running qb. He scrambles a bit but looks to throw on the run. His HS running stats were lower than 200 yards both Sr and Jr. Year. He'll get killed worse than Kaaya did with RPO.

Perry 40 time is faster than deshaun watson time coming out of high school. The players all talk about how well he moves. Walton just talked about how he can be difficult to stop with the zone reads. Just because he chose not to run in hs doesnt mean he can't.

Advertisement
Back