Can evan shirreffs win the starting spot ?????

Wowser! There is at least one sane poster around here. Agree totally. The only thing Perry has on Sherrifs right now is that he has a stronger arm and high school hype.
Sherrifs is bigger, smarter, and faster thanPerry right now. Those are facts. Sherrifs has 3 year head start training, lifting, learning the playbook. We need a caretaker this year . Don't **** up. Hand it to Walton, make good decisions.

Sheriffs isnt faster than perry. And playing qb isnt as easy as dont turn the ball over and get the playmakers the ball.

Yes he is.

You havent seen sheriffs run. He is no where near faster than perry. He isnt even faster than weldon.

Saw it today. What are you basing this on?

Facts. Sheriffs has mobility but he isnt fast at all. You line them up in a race and perry is winning.

Advertisement
No clue why everyone is so upset about Evan being in the race against a kid that has had 4 practices of college ball.

I think most just dont believe it based on how horrible he was in the spring scrimmages.

I think the issue is that none of the scrimmages or depth charts have supported the notion that Shirreffs is really a strong candidate. Even if the warm-up line is ceremonial, Shirreffs is never in the #1 spot. So the notion that's it's "meaningless" rings hollow to me.

No clue why everyone is so upset about Evan being in the race against a kid that has had 4 practices of college ball.

I think most just dont believe it based on how horrible he was in the spring scrimmages.

Sherrifs is a lot bigger now. His arm strength is probably still average but he is a big dude that can run a little bit. Take some hits. He looked about 6'5 225-230 today.
Watching highlights of Perry, he's not really a running qb. He scrambles a bit but looks to throw on the run. His HS running stats were lower than 200 yards both Sr and Jr. Year. He'll get killed worse than Kaaya did with RPO.

Perry 40 time is faster than deshaun watson time coming out of high school. The players all talk about how well he moves. Walton just talked about how he can be difficult to stop with the zone reads. Just because he chose not to run in hs doesnt mean he can't.

He ran a 4.86, which isn't fast. in fact slow. Deshawn ran faster after 3 years of training. Perry isn't out running anybody right now.

Sherrifs is a lot bigger now. His arm strength is probably still average but he is a big dude that can run a little bit. Take some hits. He looked about 6'5 225-230 today.
Watching highlights of Perry, he's not really a running qb. He scrambles a bit but looks to throw on the run. His HS running stats were lower than 200 yards both Sr and Jr. Year. He'll get killed worse than Kaaya did with RPO.

Perry 40 time is faster than deshaun watson time coming out of high school. The players all talk about how well he moves. Walton just talked about how he can be difficult to stop with the zone reads. Just because he chose not to run in hs doesnt mean he can't.

He ran a 4.86, which isn't fast. in fact slow. Deshawn ran faster after 3 years of training. Perry isn't out running anybody right now.

So after 3 years of training perry wont be faster? And watson ran a slower time but did he look slow as a true freshman? Sheriffs isnt fast at all. You need your vision checked.

Sheriffs isnt faster than perry. And playing qb isnt as easy as dont turn the ball over and get the playmakers the ball.

Yes he is.

You havent seen sheriffs run. He is no where near faster than perry. He isnt even faster than weldon.

Facts. Sheriffs has mobility but he isnt fast at all. You line them up in a race and perry is winning.
Actually, everything you just said is Bull****. Perry is more mobile, Sherrifs is faster. Pete and dmoney have mentioned in past that Sherrifs has wheels and Is more athletic than people think.

Advertisement
Yes he is.

Actually, everything you just said is Bull****. Perry is more mobile, Sherrifs is faster. Pete and dmoney have mentioned in past that Sherrifs has wheels and Is more athletic than people think.

They said more athletic than people think. They never said he was fast. Sit your *** down and stop sucking off that scrub.

So after 3 years of training perry wont be faster? And watson ran a slower time but did he look slow as a true freshman? Sheriffs isnt fast at all. You need your vision checked.[/QUOTE
Ya dumbass, maybe. But not ******* now.

The only quote I've seen about the quarterback that had any specificity, was from Rick, and in it he was praising Rosier. I posted that on another thread. I don't know who wins it. But COULD Evan with it? Sure.

Many more practices, and 2 to 3 more scrimmages to go.

problem with the quote though is that it was solicited. It was in response to a specific question concerning Malik, not the others.

That could very well be true, but that's all that I have to go on. I haven't seen any other specific quotes about the other quarterbacks from Rick. Have you?

I'm not saying that makes Rosier the leader, all I'm saying is the only information I've got about quarterbacks specifically has been from Rick about Rosier

Then you have the reports from Pete's sources that suggest Sherriffs may be leading. You have to factor that as well. Based on the information we have these two bits are not necessarily contradictory. The reporter asked a specific question about Rosier. We don't know what Richt thought about Sherriffs or Perry. He wasn't asked. There were rumors that Sherriffs was leading during the Spring and was better protecting the ball. However, he was not as effective moving the offense while Rosier produced some big plays.

We will definitely know more in the coming weeks after the scrimmages and more information leaks out.

Advertisement

I'm staying out of this debate because I haven't seen a **** thing, but this is not true. The RPO is not necessarily about running.

I'm staying out of this debate because I haven't seen a **** thing, but this is not true. The RPO is not necessarily about running.

But if Your qb makes wrong choice , your qb gets killed. 1st play of FSU game this past year.

Advertisement

But if Your qb makes wrong choice , your qb gets killed. 1st play of FSU game this past year.

Dont switch the argument. You said he will get killed because in your fantasy world he can't run.

Advertisement

1st play of last year is actually supportive of a guy like Perry, who can slide and bounce in the pocket (short areas). Mobility is about much more than taking off running. RPO is about decision-making, no doubt. Again, I have no horse in this race because I haven't had a chance to watch anything. But, Perry is unlikely to get "killed worse than Kaaya did with RPO" because of his running ability.

CNN ran an interview with Betty White where she said she could easily run down Brad, but had trouble with Evan and Nkosi.

Advertisement
Back