Can evan shirreffs win the starting spot ?????

Miami is not making it back to elite status with shireffs or rosier. I could be wrong but i doubt it. The fact neither guy has locked down this job yet is very telling.

People said we were in deep crap if Kenny Kelly went down. How'd that turn out?
Holy ****.

I swear people have the strangest remeberence of Ken Dorsey in high school. His tape was ****ing awesome.

It's because 80% of them weren't around, and by around I mean, ages between "newborn" and Jr. High. Dorsey is just so irrelevant to the conversation. If anything, the vast majority knew he was likely the future and 2-sport KK was the bandaid.

Advertisement
For discussion purposes:

53b0ccd150419836d44f3dcb2544f9f0.png

I saw his older brother Bryant play for UCONN when I was a ball boy for an opposing team. Bryant was a pretty good pocket passer that could move and scramble. If Evan has a similar play style to his brother, which all signs point to, but a better passer then he should be pretty darn good.

Advertisement
Hoping Sherrifs wins the job and leads us through a 10+ win season just to simmer down this N'kosi talk.

Amazing comments about 3-4 QBs who does not have quality college QB experience. SMH how Shirreffs has been assessed as smart, and he has not played a down of college football. "Shirreffs knows the offense, and he will not make bad plays"! Based on what college game(s) are being referenced? The bottom line here; is that, we don't have an experience QB for the 2017 season, and the coaching staff is trying to determine who would be the best leader (not player) to run the offensive unit.

Best leader means: confidence of other players on the team in your ability to win games. The players know who that player is today! Just listen to their comments! The player who scares the **** out of every defensive player, because of his ability to make plays. Defensive coordinators will have nightmares, because this leader must be accounted for on every play. My only question, if we did not have a problem starting 3 freshmen LBs last year, what's the issue now?

Advertisement
For discussion purposes:

53b0ccd150419836d44f3dcb2544f9f0.png

Richt usually doesn't lead on much of what he is thinking. This quote is telling. Sounds like it might be Evan to start off with and work Perry in as the season progresses.

I'm getting redundant. But Richt had packages for a very young
DJ Shockley at UGA. I believe David Greene started.

I have been asking if this was the case at UGa because I thought I remembered that. I agree that I believe that's what we will see. 2 QB system and by mid season someone separates themselves.

And those attributes are what Richt likes about Evan.

Our best qb of the last decade and a half, Ken Dorsey, had two key attributes: he got the ball into the hands of his playmakers and he didn't panic under pressure and do something dumb with the football.

LOL...got Dorsey fuqed up with that "game manager" $h!t.

The offense opened up when Dorsey took over...was bipolar at best when Kelly was the QB.

What made Dorsey great was His work ethic...pre & post-snap read ability...field vision...knowing where all His receivers were on every pass play...getting the ball to His receivers on time...taking what they gave em' to get what He wanted...and spreading the ball around to anywhere from 8-10 receivers almost every game.

LOL...Richt know, Dorsey beat em'!

Dorsey was our version of Tom Brady...agree with you on His poise though.

Offense never looked this well oiled when Kelly was the QB, hasn't looked like this since KD left:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi5dL2zSPD0&t=627s

Hoping Sherrifs wins the job and leads us through a 10+ win season just to simmer down this N'kosi talk.

I hope he leads us to a 10 win season so it takes ALL the pressure off of Perry. Perry will be a great one if he's given time to learn, grow, and mature as a college QB.

Advertisement
Amazing comments about 3-4 QBs who does not have quality college QB experience. SMH how Shirreffs has been assessed as smart, and he has not played a down of college football. "Shirreffs knows the offense, and he will not make bad plays"! Based on what college game(s) are being referenced? The bottom line here; is that, we don't have an experience QB for the 2017 season, and the coaching staff is trying to determine who would be the best leader (not player) to run the offensive unit.

Best leader means: confidence of other players on the team in your ability to win games. The players know who that player is today! Just listen to their comments! The player who scares the **** out of every defensive player, because of his ability to make plays. Defensive coordinators will have nightmares, because this leader must be accounted for on every play. My only question, if we did not have a problem starting 3 freshmen LBs last year, what's the issue now?

Yeah, no clue how a kid graduates at the top of his class and has Ivy League grades would ever be considered smart.

Amazing comments about 3-4 QBs who does not have quality college QB experience. SMH how Shirreffs has been assessed as smart, and he has not played a down of college football. "Shirreffs knows the offense, and he will not make bad plays"! Based on what college game(s) are being referenced?

It's not based on any college games, just based on what the coaches have said. What more do you want? All anybody can use to assess the kind of players Kosi and Evan are, is what the coaches have told us about what kind of players they are.

And those attributes are what Richt likes about Evan.

Our best qb of the last decade and a half, Ken Dorsey, had two key attributes: he got the ball into the hands of his playmakers and he didn't panic under pressure and do something dumb with the football.

LOL...got Dorsey fuqed up with that "game manager" $h!t.

The offense opened up when Dorsey took over...was bipolar at best when Kelly was the QB.

What made Dorsey great was His work ethic...pre & post-snap read ability...field vision...knowing where all His receivers were on every pass play...getting the ball to His receivers on time...taking what they gave em' to get what He wanted...and spreading the ball around to anywhere from 8-10 receivers almost every game.

LOL...Richt know, Dorsey beat em'!

Dorsey was our version of Tom Brady...agree with you on His poise though.

Offense never looked this well oiled when Kelly was the QB, hasn't looked like this since KD left:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi5dL2zSPD0&t=627s

Stop it - Kenny was great but had a few all Pro Players who probably will be in the HOF - same on D
- and while I love the talent on this team vs the last 10 years...... the 2001 team had more All Americans than we have All ACC

Advertisement
Stop it - Kenny was great but had a few all Pro Players who probably will be in the HOF - same on D

OK?...and who the **** ever said you don't need talent around you to succeed?

It's about fit, and Dorsey was the perfect fit for that offense...we don't have the same success under Kelly.

For those that actually know...what kind of arm does Shireffs have? What does it compare to?

My comparison for Shirreffs is an athletic Ryan Williams, and I mean that as a complement.

Could you elaborate on that comparison a bit @DMoney? Only because as a fan I never got to see Ryan Williams in action either so it's difficult to get a feel for what a "more athletic" Williams would actually look like... So what exactly have you seen this year that Sherriffs brings to the table?

Very tall, smart, throws with anticipation, lacks the arm to drive the ball but can make throws if he's on time.

Williams got better as he got more confidence and timing. He was practicing really well before getting hurt. The big difference between the two is that Shirreffs can really run. His brother was a running QB for UConn. All four QBs are mobile.

When you say "really run", are you talking avg like 40-50 yards rushing a game or extending the pocket and picking up 2 or 3 first downs a game running?

Miami is not making it back to elite status with shireffs or rosier. I could be wrong but i doubt it. The fact neither guy has locked down this job yet is very telling.

People said we were in deep crap if Kenny Kelly went down. How'd that turn out?
Holy ****.

I swear people have the strangest remeberence of Ken Dorsey in high school. His tape was ****ing awesome.

It's because 80% of them weren't around, and by around I mean, ages between "newborn" and Jr. High. Dorsey is just so irrelevant to the conversation. If anything, the vast majority knew he was likely the future and 2-sport KK was the bandaid.

When you think about it out of the extraordinary string of qbs to come out of "quarterback U", only 3 had relatively successful NFL careers. We just need a solid college level qb, not all world. We have enough at the skill positions to make a decent college qb look good. I think that was the case in years past as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back