Cam Ward to Portal

Advertisement
I may be in the minority on this, but Ward is absolutely worth waiting for. Especially if we're talking a matter of days and not anything that goes beyond early NSD.

With the way QB recruiting has been going, the staff has likely been preparing for this opportunity to bring in our QB1 via the portal for quite a while in terms of NIL allocation, scouting potential transfer options, gauging interest, etc. If they view Ward as the clear-cut best available, which he currently is, then they're right to go all out to try to land him.

There's no need to for impatience yet and there's certainly no need to panic.

Advertisement
I may be in the minority on this, but Ward is absolutely worth waiting for. Especially if we're talking a matter of days and not anything that goes beyond early NSD.

With the way QB recruiting has been going, the staff has likely been preparing for this opportunity to bring in our QB1 via the portal for quite a while in terms of NIL allocation, scouting potential transfer options, gauging interest, etc. If they view Ward as the clear-cut best available, which he currently is, then they're right to go all out to try to land him.

There's no need to for impatience yet and there's certainly no need to panic.
Only problem with waiting is finishing 2nd. Then Miami’s 2/3 backup options have selected their new home and Miami is stuck with a QB comparable to TVD.. can’t wait and watch others go elsewhere, it’s what burned Mario last cycle in portal.

Unlike other programs, we don’t have the luxury of time. USC and potentially others can wait it out. We can’t.

We cannot afford for Ward to take his time and fully evaluate options. Too many other decisions/directions are dependent on the QB decision.

The strategy should be to provide a best-in-class NIL offer on the table that is so enticing the NFL can wait and other programs can’t match. If we’ve done that and he is still undecided on his future, then move on. Ward might ultimately stay in college resulting in a massive windfall for some other program, but that is a risk we MUST take or this search could be disastrous.

Last edited:
Advertisement
somehow people got in their heads ward was committing yesterday so now everyone's freaking out and saying it's taking too long lmao.

the portal is open for 3 more weeks, other qb's can still enter fwiw. it's not like the cj clark situation who visited and didn't commit and has us just waiting, we're still awaiting cam's round of official visits to get underway

Only problem with waiting is finishing 2nd. Then Miami’s 2/3 backup options have selected their new home and Miami is stuck with a QB comparable to TVD.. can’t wait and watch others go elsewhere, it’s what burned Mario last cycle in portal.
D$ also alluded to the portal QB being quite important with J. Smith. He’s watching the situation closely. ESD is in 9 days. Need to get a tier 1 in the bag this week to sell for Early Signing Day final stretch.

Advertisement
I’d settle for some confirmation that he visited. I don’t care when that took place, quite frankly. The visit is the forum for the full court press and our NIL offer. It shows both sides are serious. Once that happens, you give the player a couple of days to make a decision or both sides move on.

Advertisement
Let’s see what happens when it matters in the playoffs. We’ve all seen this movie a million times.
Agree but Dallas looks different this year. Parsons is the best pure pass rusher Ive seen in a long time but the birds are very talented as well

I just watched a video (wasted 9 minutes of my life) where one of ON3's prominent entertainers had Kyle McCord coming here. Sooooo....take whatever emerges from that outlet on the CFB front with a half grain of salt.

Did they talk about his visit to Nebraska?

Did they talk about his visit to Nebraska?
I honestly don't remember as I went down a YouTube rabbit hole of seemingly all bad takes in relation to portal qb destinations. I do remember at least one talking about McCord as a package deal with some OSU receiver to Nebraska.

I think this ON3 guy had TVD going to Mississippi State too.

Advertisement
Back