Cam Ward to Portal

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

6’3 225lbs 0-star QB, from Columbia TX (South East Tejas, about an hour from H-Tine)

Is a TF QB for Incarnate Word that finished this season with 4,648yds 47TD’s & 10INT’s at 65%cmp.

He won the Jerry Rice award (which is like the Heisman for FCS players) & had an absolutely amazing season that featured games where he threw for 610yds & 7TD’s vs Southeastern Louisiana, 455yds vs McNeese St & 481yds vs Sam Houston St.

Cameron had a high level young innovator HC/OC in Eric Morris from the Mike Leach tree.

Morris played WR at TTech when Graham Harrell was their record breaking QB, after his playing career he got hired at Houston on Kevin Sumlin’s staff as a QC coach, along with Kliff Kingsbury who was an Analyst on that same staff. After two years at Houston he got hired by Mike Leach as a WR’s coach at WAZZU, then after a season at WAZZU he got hired by Kingsbury at TTech to be his OC/Inside WR’s coach & while he was at TTech, guess who was a GA & QC working with QB’s & WR’s on his staff? None other than Zach Kittley...

Eric Morris was just recently hired back at WAZZU to be Jack ****ert’s OC, he also brought his QB’s coach/PGC Mack Leftwich (who was a former QB for UTEP).

This kid has an absolute Bushmaster BF BA50 for an arm, the ball jumps out of his hand with great velocity, he has a loose arm & the ability to throw from multiple platforms that is somewhat similar to Mahomes (NOT saying he’s like Mahomes, just saying his ability to change his arm angle is in a similar mold). He also throws with great anticipation & as an Air Raid QB has already learned how to come off his first two reads that are baked into the concepts of the offense & has that gunslinger improvisational quality that so many of the new era QB’s have that give them extra edge being able to make high degree difficulty throws while under duress.

With incredible sky high upside, he’s one of the most highly sought after QB’s in the Portal.

Today he visited Ole Miss & plans on taking a few more visits as well, WAZZU with Morris will obviously be a possible landing spot for him, but Houston, TTech, TCU, Tenn, Memphis, WKU, UTEP, LA Tech & North Texas have all expressed interest in him. He could very well be the next Bailey Zappe if he goes to to the right system & as only a TF is primed to be a potential big time QB for the next few years.

NO I’m not suggesting we go after him, just posting on him because he’s a phenomenally gifted passer that I’ve kept up with all year & am looking forward to seeing what he does on the G5/P5 level.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

6’3 225lbs 0-star QB, from Columbia TX (South East Tejas, about an hour from H-Tine)

Is a TF QB for Incarnate Word that finished this season with 4,648yds 47TD’s & 10INT’s at 65%cmp.

He won the Jerry Rice award (which is like the Heisman for FCS players) & had an absolutely amazing season that featured games where he threw for 610yds & 7TD’s vs Southeastern Louisiana, 455yds vs McNeese St & 481yds vs Sam Houston St.

Cameron had a high level young innovator HC/OC in Eric Morris from the Mike Leach tree.

Morris played WR at TTech when Graham Harrell was their record breaking QB, after his playing career he got hired at Houston on Kevin Sumlin’s staff as a QC coach, along with Kiffin Kingsbury who was an Analyst on that same staff. After two years at Houston he got hired by Mike Leach as a WR’s coach at WAZZU, then after a season at WAZZU he got hired by Kingsbury at TTech to be his OC/Inside WR’s coach & while he was at TTech, guess who was a GA & QC working with QB’s & WR’s on his staff? None other than Zach Kittley...

Eric Morris was just recently hired back at WAZZU to be Jack ****ert’s OC, he also brought his QB’s coach/PGC Mack Leftwich (who was a former QB for UTEP).

This kid has an absolute Bushmaster BF BA50 for an arm, the ball jumps out of his hand with great velocity, he has a loose arm & the ability to throw from multiple platforms that is somewhat similar to Mahomes (NOT saying he’s like Mahomes, just saying his ability to change his arm angle is in a similar mold). He also throws with great anticipation & as an Air Raid QB has already learned how to come off his first two reads that are baked into the concepts of the offense & has that gunslinger improvisational quality that so many of the new era QB’s have that give them extra edge being bale to make high degree difficulty throws while under duress.

With incredible sky high upside, he’s one of the most highly sought after QB’s in the Portal.

Today he visited Ole Miss & plans on taking a few more visits as well, WAZZU with Morris will obviously be a possible landing spot for him, but Houston, TTech, TCU, Tenn, Memphis, WKU, UTEP, LA Tech & North Texas have all expressed interest in him. He could very well be the next Bailey Zappe if he goes to to the right system & as only a TF is primed to be a potential big time QB for the next few years.

NO I’m not suggesting we go after him, just posting on him because he’s a phenomenally gifted passer that I’ve kept up with all year & am looking forward to seeing what he does on the G5/P5 level.

As long as he doesn't end up at FSU, I'll root for him. Incredible story so far.

Texas Tech should snatch him up if they don't get Ewers, and honestly I prefer Ward.

Advertisement
Literally was just talking to my old man about this kid earlier. He is a huge Univ. of Houston fan and was talking about them being interested in this kid but he will have much better options.
His Dad Calvin is a Youth Coach in Columbia TX who I believe went to Houston (CMIIW), from what Coach West told me daddy wants him at HTown, but apparently the visit to Ole Miss today has gone very well.

I hope he goes to either Ole Miss with Kiffin or TTech with Kittley if the don’t get Ewers.

He’d do well at TCU with Dykes & Garrett Riley too.

Would like to see him at Ole Miss or with the Pirate at MSU eventhough their QB balled. Maybe Tennessee with Heupel.

Advertisement
As long as he doesn't end up at FSU, I'll root for him. Incredible story so far.

Texas Tech should snatch him up if they don't get Ewers, and honestly I prefer Ward.
I don’t think FSU has any interest yet, that I’ve read at least.

And agree, if i’m TTech I’d take him over Ewers, especially if Ewers goes to Texas with Sark.

Advertisement
You rarely see a QB with a release that low and sidearm. It's really difficult to follow the ball bc through his release.....then poof, the ball is gone.

His Dad Calvin is a Youth Coach in Columbia TX who I believe went to Houston (CMIIW), from what Coach West told me daddy wants him at HTown, but apparently the visit to Ole Miss today has gone very well.

I hope he goes to either Ole Miss with Kiffin or TTech with Kittley if the don’t get Ewers.

He’d do well at TCU with Dykes & Garrett Riley too.
I'm a Kiffin fan, would like to see him there plus I'll probably be going to Oxford next year for a game and tailgating.

Advertisement
Back