Calvin Ridley

Advertisement
It's one thing to not care anymore cause the kids ain't here... (like GoGeta)

It's another thing to downplay the miss and pretend it doesn't hurt.

Bringing up recruits that we missed is old, no doubt, but what's worse is when we celebrate when one of these kids doesn't have a good game. We do it with Collins, we do it with Sony, we do it with Lane, etc etc etc. Let's not sit here and act like we're loaded with talent and that these kids couldn't help us. We don't have a single WR as talented as Ridley.

Now im one that harps on misses...

At Lb: Skai Moore was a miss (And a personal one for me)....James Burgess was a miss (he was a **** commit and legacy)

At CB: Quincy Wilson (was a miss) not offering a few other local cbs are also misses that will hurt us...Not right now...but by next season.

AT rb: Brandon Powell is a miss....( he was committed)

This dude Ridley got 100 yds receiving and a td.....

He aint a miss. We're pretty stacked at WR....brought in a kid that looks promising in Cager...who easily could of went to Bama and have 100 yds receiving at this point as well.

But i do wish we had the kids named except Collins....as i think keeping one or two o fthose kids to stay home will slopwly return us to dominance...mixed in with out of state/area studs.

I'm honestly confused on how you say we are stacked at WR. In 2016 we will have:

Coley
Jones
Lewis
Berrios
Brady
Langham
Cager

Pretty underwhelming considering where our recruiting base is located. Berrios, Brady, Langham, Cager as a 2 year haul is not impressive.

Forget about Ridley. I'm a raider fans and it still hurts that we missed out on Amari Cooper..

It's one thing to not care anymore cause the kids ain't here... (like GoGeta)

It's another thing to downplay the miss and pretend it doesn't hurt.

Bringing up recruits that we missed is old, no doubt, but what's worse is when we celebrate when one of these kids doesn't have a good game. We do it with Collins, we do it with Sony, we do it with Lane, etc etc etc. Let's not sit here and act like we're loaded with talent and that these kids couldn't help us. We don't have a single WR as talented as Ridley.

Now im one that harps on misses...

At Lb: Skai Moore was a miss (And a personal one for me)....James Burgess was a miss (he was a **** commit and legacy)

At CB: Quincy Wilson (was a miss) not offering a few other local cbs are also misses that will hurt us...Not right now...but by next season.

AT rb: Brandon Powell is a miss....( he was committed)

This dude Ridley got 100 yds receiving and a td.....

He aint a miss. We're pretty stacked at WR....brought in a kid that looks promising in Cager...who easily could of went to Bama and have 100 yds receiving at this point as well.

But i do wish we had the kids named except Collins....as i think keeping one or two o fthose kids to stay home will slopwly return us to dominance...mixed in with out of state/area studs.

I'm honestly confused on how you say we are stacked at WR. In 2016 we will have:

Coley
Jones
Lewis
Berrios
Brady
Langham
Cager

Pretty underwhelming considering where our recruiting base is located. Berrios, Brady, Langham, Cager as a 2 year haul is not impressive.

The only one of those WRs that has the potential game breaking ability that Ridley has is Coley. And he can't stay healthy. We have talented bodies at WR but only one is as explosive as Ridley.

Ridley and Burgess were all set to commit to Miami that Sunday at one of Nike's events then they suddenly pushed it back

This couldn't be further from the truth. They were never coming here. Tennessee and uif were in the mix. We never were. Only way we had a chance was a package deal but AL and Co. Wouldn't play ball.

Advertisement
LOL if you think Cager is half as good as Ridley.

Antonio Callaway is another loss we will be feeling for a long time.

Ridley is 3 years older then Cager.. Ridley will turn 21 in a few months same age as a college JR... Callaway is a miss but the kid was a U*** slurper from day 1.. Cager, Brady, Njoku, Herndon, Berrios, Bruce, Richards, Mullins we are more than good at WR.. We are ***ed at LB tho smh

Ridley and Burgess were all set to commit to Miami that Sunday at one of Nike's events then they suddenly pushed it back

This couldn't be further from the truth. They were never coming here. Tennessee and uif were in the mix. We never were. Only way we had a chance was a package deal but AL and Co. Wouldn't play ball.

My brother coached SBB in basketball when he was in middle school.. He was close to SBB he and Calvin were all set to commit to Miami at 7on7 but one of their ''mentors'' told them to wait.. Won't air their business out but one kid didn't want to go to Alabama but Alabama said if one doesn't come then the ''Deal is off''.. And yea Golden needs to play ball with some of these SFL kids and handlers **** he did for Stacy Coley. Coley mom didn't even know he was picking Miami she wanted FSU.. Golden helped Bennett alot after handing us Stacy..

Ridley is **** near as old as Denzel Perryman, who is a rookie in the NFL. Can you imagine if Denzel were a true freshman right now?

Never understood what the issue is with having players that are older than they're supposed to be for their respective class. It may cut into their career length as a professional, but they come in more physically developed and ready to play at the college level. Yeah, it sure would suck to have a 240 lb, 22 y/o Denzel Perryman with 2 years of remaining eligibility. I'd blitz him through the A-gap and make Cook's bad shoulder turn to dust by the 2ndqtr.

Hester was almost 21 when he housed that KO against UF. Would you have wanted Hester when he was 18, or 21-24, which was his age while setting records as the GOAT return-man in college football?

Agree, but it just means it is harder for us to get the older kids because our academic standards are higher than places like Alabama.

Crazy thing is that Denzel is still 21.

Not gone lie, it hurt seeing him starting for Bama Saturday.....Well can't cry over spilled milk.....right?

We would be here all day listing all te talent who didn't want to play for our wonderful staff, especially on the d side of the ball . Thi will be a issue for the rest of golden tenure .

Advertisement
who cares?

We aint hurting at WR....

Actually like Cager....Big fluid kid.

Couldn't disagree more. Recruiting is never about either-or comparisons. Cager is a very talented kid, but he's also the only WR we landed in the last cycle. Losing out on so many local ballers at the position continues to be a major problem. As DiegoCane mentioned above, our WR core is nowhere near up to this program's standard. Especially next year once Scott/Waters are gone.

- Cager is a very talented kid with a bright future.
- Brady was a pleasant surprise in the Nebraska game when given his first extended look, so there's signs of promise there considering his physical tools.
- Coley will only have one year of eligibility left, hasn't been a factor at all since his breakout freshman campaign, and is unfortunately very fragile.
- Berrios was inconsistent when healthy and has dealt with injuries, though some are bullish about him eventually becoming a contributor.
- Lewis' severe injury as a freshman ruined him, unfortunately.
- Langham and Jones are tall, slow, and appear unlikely to make much of an impact here. Maybe that's being too harsh on Langham, but he hasn't generated any buzz for himself and has obvious limitations due to his lack of speed/quickness.

We are in big, big trouble at WR when/if our current 2016 commits bolt, especially Bruce who's likely UF-bound regardless of how we look this season. And that's appalling considering we have arguably the best QB in the ACC as part of the recruiting pitch to receivers.

Last edited:
Gotta side with Diego and 01 here. We have some good young receivers but not enough.

It would be enormous to add Ahmonn Richards and Sam Bruce.

Gotta side with Diego and 01 here. We have some good young receivers but not enough.

Yes it would. And I really like the brief sample size of highlights from Henderson this season, too. Kid looks like a big time physical talent, though I have no idea if he still has academic red flags that would affect his chances of making it in.

We need a speed infusion at WR in the worst way. It's staggering that the staff has put us in a position where need to land at least 3 legit studs at receiver in this cycle after what happened the last couple years, but that's the reality.

Advertisement

Yes it would. And I really like the brief sample size of highlights from Henderson this season, too. Kid looks like a big time physical talent, though I have no idea if he still has academic red flags that would affect his chances of making it in.

We need a speed infusion at WR in the worst way. It's staggering that the staff has put us in a position where need to land at least 3 legit studs at receiver in this cycle after what happened the last couple years, but that's the reality.

The speed issue is mind blowing to me. We don't have a burner next year outside Coley and like you said he hasn't been able to stay on the field.

We should have 3-4 electric guys, at a minimum, who can house PR/KRs, beat people deep. Watching those types at schools, with less access to them, drives me nuts.

WRs and RBs are a dime a dozen. You win with your QB, OL and Defense. You have those things, and especially at Miami, you can find guys to catch and run the ball.

Advertisement
WRs and RBs are a dime a dozen. You win with your QB, OL and Defense. You have those things, and especially at Miami, you can find guys to catch and run the ball.

we been saying this for ten years, coley is the only one who locks in on qbs n they stick. these guys cant get deep at position n the schol is in sfla.......its a fail

IJS....Kinda hurt seeing him start for Bama when he originally said Miami was his favorite school....I guess he didn't want to play for Golden.

Of course he didn't want to play for Golden. Ridley didn't want to waste his time and talent playing for a loser like Golden.

It all comes down to wins and losses. A lot of these kids would be at home if we were winning.

I don't care about Ermon Lane. I never liked him. Although, if we were winning, then he is a Cane.

Travis Rudolph... Should be a Cane. He is better than any receiver we have.

Antonio Callaway...My favorite receiver in 15 class.

Dalvin Cook....His tape was as good as anyone's I've seen. Very explosive. That was a huge miss.

Cronkrite, Scarlett, Williams...We should have landed one of the three.

Quincy Wilson....He made this staff look foolish. We could definitely use him in our secondary.

Make all the excuses you want Brock and company, the truth is we should have landed half of these players. It ****es me off that we failed to land them. Every canes fan should feel the same way.

Advertisement
Back