Calvin Ridley

Not gone lie, it hurt seeing him starting for Bama Saturday.....Well can't cry over spilled milk.....right?

Ridley does not have Pillars and Core Values. Plus, he does not Shovel Coal!

He is "ME" Player! All he will do at Bama is Catch passes and score a lot of TDs.

*****'em!

Advertisement
This argument is the ole "6 in one hand, half dozen in the other" theory. Would it have been a great luxury to have guys like Rudolph, Lane, Ridley, DPhillips, JDixon, etc at WR? OF COURSE. You cannot repeatedly swing and miss on local talent like that and think you will be consistantly elite.

BUT it only takes one elite WR to make the whole drink stir...ALA had Amari Cooper. I cant even name you any of the other WRs on the roster. Deandrew White maybe was his name? In our heydey we had Andre Johnson..Beard, Sands, and Roscoe were great compliments. Andre was the alpha.

My point is we just need to hit on one really good/great one and we will be okay. I dont put much of a premium on have multiple 5 star WRs to be able to win...Nick Saban taught me that. You just need one really great one to win MNCs.

For the record, I really like Cager. And I like what I saw from Brady. Lets give them a fair shot before we start crying about guys we didnt get.

It's funny out of the guys you namned they haven't played up to their lofty ranking coming out of highschool.... Rudolph and lane have regressed this year

I wonder why...

This argument is the ole "6 in one hand, half dozen in the other" theory. Would it have been a great luxury to have guys like Rudolph, Lane, Ridley, DPhillips, JDixon, etc at WR? OF COURSE. You cannot repeatedly swing and miss on local talent like that and think you will be consistantly elite.

BUT it only takes one elite WR to make the whole drink stir...ALA had Amari Cooper. I cant even name you any of the other WRs on the roster. Deandrew White maybe was his name? In our heydey we had Andre Johnson..Beard, Sands, and Roscoe were great compliments. Andre was the alpha.

My point is we just need to hit on one really good/great one and we will be okay. I dont put much of a premium on have multiple 5 star WRs to be able to win...Nick Saban taught me that. You just need one really great one to win MNCs.

For the record, I really like Cager. And I like what I saw from Brady. Lets give them a fair shot before we start crying about guys we didnt get.

It's funny out of the guys you namned they haven't played up to their lofty ranking coming out of highschool.... Rudolph and lane have regressed this year

Their QB has a lot to do with that, rudolph is a stud, lane not so much so far

Naw Rudolph has played sub par this year and has had his fair share of drops

It's funny that they say the WR's for Miami sucks but 3 of them will be playing on Sunday's in the NFL.

Who is that?

I say Scott and Coley for sure make it if they stay healthy and play to their potential. Waters is going to make it if he can ball out this year. Then among the younger guys I see 2-3 that have the potential (Cager, Njoku, Brady) as well.

Advertisement
We should only be crying about local kids we aren't getting if we don't have players at that position. We are more than fine at receiver. I really don't see why the complaints about Ridley or Calloway for that matter.

The kid is pretty good but he is not Amri Cooper ...I am cool with what we have
I think it is more his loss then anything because he has no quarterback

Their QB has a lot to do with that, rudolph is a stud, lane not so much so far

Naw Rudolph has played sub par this year and has had his fair share of drops

Thats because of golson, rudolph is a stud, golson has been horrible this year

Im cool with who we have but man ridley should be here with rudolph both whifs by the staff, the others havent done much, callaway wasnt coming here no matter who the coach was/is

Advertisement
Im cool with who we have but man ridley should be here with rudolph both whifs by the staff, the others havent done much, callaway wasnt coming here no matter who the coach was/is

Not true regarding Callaway. He and his family wanted nothing to do with Folden.

Not true regarding Callaway. He and his family wanted nothing to do with Folden.

Uf was his favorite school from the beginning

After Miami. Again, he and his family wanted nothing to do with Folden.

If Folden was fired last year, he'd be at Miami.

Advertisement

Nope he loved florida ever since his first trip there, he didnt want to go anywhere else, flirted a little with miami because of muschamp but in the end went with were he wanted to go from the start

Nope he loved florida ever since his first trip there, he didnt want to go anywhere else, flirted a little with miami because of muschamp but in the end went with were he wanted to go from the start

Okay, Mr. Know It All.

Do this: Tell my mother, his grandmother, who birthed his mother, my sister, that he always wanted to go to Florida. Diana will disagree with you....but you know best. LMAO

Folden is the reason the kid is not here. He made a Smart Business Decision....just like Rudolph, Ridley, Lane, etc.

Okay, Mr. Know It All.

Do this: Tell my mother, his grandmother, who birthed his mother, my sister, that he always wanted to go to Florida. Diana will disagree with you....but you know best. LMAO

Folden is the reason the kid is not here. He made a Smart Business Decision....just like Rudolph, Ridley, Lane, etc.

Business decision? I hate Golden as much as the next guy but how was that a wise business decision for those guys? Look at performance in the NFL and we are always superior to what FSU and Florida produce at WR. **** Allen Hurns was an UFA who should've been drafted and had a really strong rookie season.

Advertisement

Okay, Mr. Know It All.

Business decision? I hate Golden as much as the next guy but how was that a wise business decision for those guys? Look at performance in the NFL and we are always superior to what FSU and Florida produce at WR. **** Allen Hurns was an UFA who should've been drafted and had a really strong rookie season.

Better coaching..........winning..........their individual talent will decide their NFL tenure.

Allen Hurns doesn't go undrafted if he had played at FSU. Chick is not a FAT 6th round pick at FSU.

Those are the facts.

This WR corp is extremely un-Miami.

Our last wr coach and recruiting coordinator was Pete Carroll son.

Carrol put a premium on big bodied wr since USC.

Smaller kids and 40 times aren't what he looked for. Size was the prerequisite.. Last class they tried to add a few slot types but didn't land them.
I seriously think you guys are downplaying our wrs though.. I'm high on a few of those young guys.

I normally agree with you bro, you know that, but I just don't see it yet.

I like a couple of the guys but I just don't see that dynamic play-making ability that we're used to at Miami. I don't see a Santana, Roscoe, Sinorise type of kid. The kid who could be that for us is currently at Georgia.

A South FLA program should always have a couple guys like that.

Okay, Mr. Know It All.

Better coaching..........winning..........their individual talent will decide their NFL tenure.

Allen Hurns doesn't go undrafted if he had played at FSU. Chick is not a FAT 6th round pick at FSU.

Those are the facts.

If we are talking business decisions, then going to Florida was not a smart decision by Calloway either.

Advertisement
Back