Bubba Bolden “I’m Playing Well”

Advertisement
Agree, but what we expect is for some accountability. You don't have to trash your guys to not lie. You can say stuff like, "he's been one of our best players on the back end but has some things he can improve on that we're working on"
Manny can take responsiblity by saying something like "it is up to me and my coaches to teach better to get the best from our guys and right now that is a bit lacking"

Bubba can say "I'm working on my craft, there's things I can work on. I'm a little disappointed in my play recently and I want to grind to get it right."

It is the little things.

But you never really hear them accept responsibilty. They always try to deflect blame and make excuses.
You should be a ghost writer or public relations coach for public speakers.

Do they watch film?
I don’t think so. I remember Chris Stock putting up a video where he asks T Couch about the app state receivers on Tuesday leading to the game. Couch replied that he wasn’t sure, hasn’t really seen much of them. I mean you should be watching film starting Sunday of your opponent the coming week. Even high schools do that.

Bubba says he feels like he is playing good this year. He says opposing teams are game planning away from him, which is frustrating because he doesn't have many chances to make plays this year. He does admit he needs to be better with tackling. "Overall I am doing good and I am communicating better."

Manny Diaz is asked about Bubba Bolden and his poor Pro Football Focus grades. Diaz says he would never ever look at a PFF grade. Diaz says he thinks Bubba has "played well" this year. "He is our best communicator on the back end and best at getting everybody lined up and getting us aligned."

And yes I know Diaz isn’t going to bash his player but I can just see further where the players get the BS from

Oh and this little nugget on the commitments:

“Diaz says the number of commitments is low, but the quality of the commitments is high”
Jesus Christ! Did they both say that?

Advertisement
People who say hes not a good tackler should go back and look at that UL game from last year. He was a tackling machine. I dont know what happened to him but its like he pinned all his hopes on playing lights out against Bama and getting his national rep up and when he got kicked out in the first quarter that zapped all of his juice. Hes just been a nonexistant part of the defense when he should have been its biggest playmaker. He has made zero plays this year and we are in game 6. ZERO. For a player of his talent, that is troublesome.

One poster said that he will fare better in the NFL and I hope hes right. Im sure he will get a chance. We will see. I fully expect for him to opt out at some point. Maybe most of these kids are waiting until after the FSU game before doing so as a "one last ride" type thing. Stick it to FSU and go out like that. Not like there is anything else to play for. None of these seniors who think they are going to the league are going to Montana or South Dakota to play in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl in the freezing cold one day after Christmas thats for **** sure.

He’s a talented kid and an NFL team is going to take a chance on him.

No way no how does Bolden run well enough to play safety in the NFL.

His rep as Top 75 national recruit and his on-field performance at both USC and UM seem to be on two very different levels.

Advertisement
Its Over GIF

Man y'all boys reaching with this one. What do you expect Bubba to say? "I'm an overhyped below average tackler who struggles in space." And Manny, "Well Bubba has been poor and better start applying for grad school because the NFL shouldn't be on his mind right now". Like be realistic, how would it look to recruits to see coach calling out or bashing his players? The criticism should remain within the filmroom when reviewing film with players.

Bubba playing time has been going down. He only played 47 snaps last week. That tells you everything you need to know about what the coaches think.

Manny deserves all the heat he gets but this ain't it fellas.
Tell the truth. Any player worth anything will admit they aren’t playing great. Happens every single week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't buy it but I also don't expect him to be so open about his struggles. Listen to Van Dyke yesterday. He was **** near arrogant in his interview after Most players aren't accountable in college. Rarely will you see it at the college level.
Bro he's got the lowest completion percentage in the NCAA....can't teach that

He'll find out just how good he's playing when he goes in the 6th-7th round on measurables and potential alone..

If the best thing you do is help lining ppl up ....then u aint playing well. I dont remember a play he made this year.

He never was a good tackler..but maybe the added responsibility has affected him more.

Any casual fan can line this defense up - they stand in the same spots every play.

I had high hopes for Bolden his first year. He came out blazing, flying around that backfield, making tackles and deflecting passes. Then he started making business decisions......it showed in the tackling.

Advertisement
Back