Brian Flores hired by Steelers as Def asst

IF Flores loved Too so much why was he pushing to get Watson this past season? All reports say that it was Ross who nixed it. Flores may have liked Tua coming out of college but once he got him in the fold he may have realized Tua wasn't it
Are you arguing it was a good decision by Flores to try to trade for a guy facing 20+ sexual assault allegations? It was the right decision to nix that, whoever did it.

Advertisement
Are you arguing it was a good decision by Flores to try to trade for a guy facing 20+ sexual assault allegations? It was the right decision to nix that, whoever did it.
Simply stating that Flores didn't think as highly of Tua has some on here would have you believe.

And yet again I am reminded why I love the Steelers and consider them one of the all time great franchises in pro sports. Flores is suing the league and specific teams, but the Steelers could care less and have added a very good defensive coach. Sorry Dolphin fans but this is how great organizations operate. And as a Steelers fan let me thank the Dolphins and Stephen Ross for his continued incompetence.
I’m not a Steelers fan at all, but I totally agree with what you said. It’s no wonder they got them Lombardis in the trophy case.

Advertisement
Shaq Lawson, Kyle Van Noy, Erek Flowers: these FA acquisitions cost Ross a *hit-tone of money in signing bonus/salary and team capspace for ALL of them to be one and done. The consequence for that would typically fall at the feet of the GM, and still largely does imo, but beta-Grier would surely have given alpha-Flo whatever he wanted (Grier on the clock too). Would love to know how many of those Flo pounded the table for - both coming and going. Who was instrumental in the pulling of the trigger for Noah Igbinoghine in the 1st rd? Dolphins definitely became CB intensive in draft & free agency after Flo's arrival.
Would LOVE to hear ALL the details as to WHY the 'Fins canned Flo. From his ability/inability to assemble a staff, strained (?) interactions with players, staff, management, press, as well as the personnel decisions he participated in.
Flo's aired it out, hopefully we get to hear the other side of the story. Ross already indicated the inability to "collaborate with others" was problematic.

Shaq Lawson, Kyle Van Noy, Erek Flowers: these FA acquisitions cost Ross a *hit-tone of money in signing bonus/salary and team capspace for ALL of them to be one and done. The consequence for that would typically fall at the feet of the GM, and still largely does imo, but beta-Grier would surely have given alpha-Flo whatever he wanted (Grier on the clock too). Would love to know how many of those Flo pounded the table for - both coming and going. Who was instrumental in the pulling of the trigger for Noah Igbinoghine in the 1st rd? Dolphins definitely became CB intensive in draft & free agency after Flo's arrival.
Would LOVE to hear ALL the details as to WHY the 'Fins canned Flo. From his ability/inability to assemble a staff, strained (?) interactions with players, staff, management, press, as well as the personnel decisions he participated in.
Flo's aired it out, hopefully we get to hear the other side of the story. Ross already indicated the inability to "collaborate with others" was problematic.
Why did they trade shaq Lawson for benardick McKinney than cut McKinney? Van noy and flores didn’t get along and I have no clue why we cut flowers to save pennies.

Has there ever been a situation where a HC is fired after having back to back winning seasons? Mind you prior to Flores the Fins were not relevant at all and one of the worst franchises in all of American professional sports. And after getting fired only job he’s able to get is as a LB’s coach. If y’all don’t see something completely odd with that then I don’t know what to tell y’all. Seems like a lot of goofy $hi+ if you ask me
Jimmy Johnson

Advertisement
Has there ever been a situation where a HC is fired after having back to back winning seasons? Mind you prior to Flores the Fins were not relevant at all and one of the worst franchises in all of American professional sports. And after getting fired only job he’s able to get is as a LB’s coach. If y’all don’t see something completely odd with that then I don’t know what to tell y’all. Seems like a lot of goofy $hi+ if you ask me
Jimmy Johnson

"And after getting fired only job he’s able to get is as a LB’s coach."

Steelers haven't been to the playoffs in 4 yrs (?) They're now hiring a new GM & have no QB. Art Rooney II seems inept & apparently the other son likes the sauce a little too much. Maybe they can bring in Kapernick next and really fix their locker room issues - oh wait, Flores will do that! Good luck.

Last edited:
giphy.gif
Again a classic example of when we think we have all the answers God laughs .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Like the lions and Texans did this year? Or jags and jets did last year, or dolphins and bengals did the year before? Teams do it every year. But even if the dolphins did a tank/rebuild Im still waiting to hear how it has anything to do with racism. This was the plan whether the coach was black, white, or blue. If the coach was white and he acted how Flores did and didn’t make the playoffs when those were the expectations they would have also been fired.
If it's an approved activity, why is the NFL investigating? Why not just forfeit or play the second string each game? If losing games was the plan, why did he get fired? Because he won too many?

So how is race related to his being fired by the dolphins then? None of this is racially based at all except a black head coach was involved and they throw in the “angry black man” comment in the end. This is my problem with the whole lawsuit: he is mixing all of the ways he feels wronged into a racial discrimination lawsuit, when most accusations don’t appear racial at all, let alone something you can prove . Unless you assume the dolphins fired him for something he wouldn’t do 3 years ago, and it was racially motivated. Unless you assume elway and others were hungover and they were because they didn’t take a black candidate seriously, even though they just had a black head coach. It’s all very flimsy, very difficult to prove and convoluted imo
Then the attorneys will have quite the task ahead of them. One of the problems we have in society is accepting the results of trials as if we're privy to all the evidence and arguments presented during the course of the trial. People make their minds up on an initial news report which is usually a small part of the evidence that the news thinks is the most salacious and is provided without context to garner interest. Then they defend that opinion, refusing to admit they're wrong, even when their conclusion is incorrect.

We'll see if any of it is actually true. The one thing I know is the Dolphins have sucked for Ross' entire ownership, but he still profits. People reach a level of comfort where the marginal increase in effort isn't worth it for the increase in income. I think Ross is there. IMO, he cares more about the buzz around drafting/signing a high profile name than actually fielding a championship team.

The risk isn’t worth the reward for a linebacker coach. Id be careful what you wish for, he will prob be suing the Steelers before it’s all said and done.

Side note I find it hilarious minkah Fitzpatrick and Flores are back on the same team. Also add in the supposedly racist comments from mason rudolph to Myles Garrett should be an entertaining situation.
What you just said is utterly stupid. Why would he sue the Steelers? What's the risk? What makes their hiring a an over qualified LB coach entertaining? Try to be rational even when you are butt hurt.

Advertisement
If it's an approved activity, why is the NFL investigating? Why not just forfeit or play the second string each game? If losing games was the plan, why did he get fired? Because he won too many?
The nfl is investigating because Flores CLAIMS he was offered money and his only witness is his good friend from highschool. The way teams do this is by tearing down the roster which Miami did and is within the rules. And for the 20th time flores was not fired because he won too many games. If that was the case he would been fired his first year. The dolphins had expectations to make the playoffs last year and started 1-7 with losses to some of the worst teams in the nfl. On top of that he disrespected half people he interacted with hence he wasn’t seen as a good leader, who didn’t fulfill expectations so he lost his job. Simple as that.

What you just said is utterly stupid. Why would he sue the Steelers? What's the risk? What makes their hiring a an over qualified LB coach entertaining? Try to be rational even when you are butt hurt.
His actions have shown he is not the best locker room presence. You can be let go for factors outside your coaching ability which has already been proven. If the Steelers fire him next year do you think he would include the Steelers in the lawsuit? He included the dolphins and Texans for nothing so my opinion is he would spin the situation somehow and try to include them.

The only thing that makes me dumber than a rock is responding to you.

Firing a coach because he won games after being offered cash to lose is shafting. And having lots of black employees is no more evidence of a lack of racism than collecting MLK memorabilia.
Firing a coach for wining games isn’t racism, and hiring him in the first place isn’t racist. You don’t get to cherry pick to play your race card.

The nfl is investigating because Flores CLAIMS he was offered money and his only witness is his good friend from highschool. The way teams do this is by tearing down the roster which Miami did and is within the rules. And for the 20th time flores was not fired because he won too many games. If that was the case he would been fired his first year. The dolphins had expectations to make the playoffs last year and started 1-7 with losses to some of the worst teams in the nfl. On top of that he disrespected half people he interacted with hence he wasn’t seen as a good leader, who didn’t fulfill expectations so he lost his job. Simple as that.
It either is or isn't acceptable to intentionally lose games. The NFL says it isn't.

Advertisement
Back