Brian Flores hired by Steelers as Def asst

Maybe it's not as much supporting Flores as it is disgust that Ross is intentionally tanking for draft position. If he's willing to do that, couldn't you picture him firing someone who doesn't do exactly what he says? What does that say to the people who buy tickets and merchandise? Give us your money and we'll try to lose the game in return?
Every dolphins fan in 2019 wanted to lose every game. The theme of the year was tank for Tua. They tore that roster down like a handful of teams do every year. Flores knew that was the plan when he was hired and if he had a problem with the rebuild he shouldn’t have taken the job. Flores was not fired bc of the tank. Expectations were playoffs last year and the dolphins started 1-7. Flores didn’t talk to Grier for months and disrespected multiple players and coaches. He cost himself his job and sick of people blaming on a tank from 3 years prior that he knew about when he was being hired.

Flashback to the end of 2019 season the dolphins were sick of being a 500 team traded away most of their good players for draft assets and do a roster reset that would take 2-3 years. In year 3 Flores goes 1-7 and acts like an ******* so he ultimately gets fired.

Advertisement
Obviously, but that was supposed to be a joke. If not, the NFL would've investigated it then, not now.
Like the lions and Texans did this year? Or jags and jets did last year, or dolphins and bengals did the year before? Teams do it every year. But even if the dolphins did a tank/rebuild Im still waiting to hear how it has anything to do with racism. This was the plan whether the coach was black, white, or blue. If the coach was white and he acted how Flores did and didn’t make the playoffs when those were the expectations they would have also been fired.

Advertisement
My buddy’s who are Steelers fans all say that same thing. Y’all also lost pouncey, decastro, and think I’m missing one more player.
Villanueva. Pouncey was probably the only of those 3 that wasn't washed but we didn't plan for having to replace all 3 in such short order.

My buddy’s who are Steelers fans all say that same thing. Y’all also lost pouncey, decastro, and think I’m missing one more player.
Villanueva wasn’t re-signed and is on the Ravens. The O-line has been decimated.
I’ve read your posts and I respect your position that Ross has been a net positive for the Phins. But putting aside the lawsuit, don’t you agree that the Steelers added a very, very qualified asst defensive coach in Flores?

Like the lions and Texans did this year? Or jags and jets did last year, or dolphins and bengals did the year before? Teams do it every year. But even if the dolphins did a tank/rebuild Im still waiting to hear how it has anything to do with racism. This was the plan whether the coach was black, white, or blue. If the coach was white and he acted how Flores did and didn’t make the playoffs when those were the expectations they would have also been fired.
FYI, I don’t think Ross is racist or fired Flores based on race. I think the longer term concern is if Flores can prove Ross wanted to lose games. Now the tanking method of collecting draft picks makes sense. But with gambling such a big and open part of football, any hint of teams not trying to win is a big problem. The right way to tank is to have the GM trade away the best players for picks. That way the coach loses regardless of efforts to win.

Villanueva wasn’t re-signed and is on the Ravens. The O-line has been decimated.
I’ve read your posts and I respect your position that Ross has been a net positive for the Phins. But putting aside the lawsuit, don’t you agree that the Steelers added a very, very qualified asst defensive coach in Flores?
I think Flores is a great coach and working with tomlin is about the perfect situation. As a dolphins fan I just don’t respect him including Ross in a lawsuit about race. Him talking about tanking from three years prior and bringing up money being exchanged in a lawsuit that has nothing to do with that is borderline a snitch move. Also him bringing the Texans into the lawsuit and backhand complimenting lovie is a ***** move. My comment about him suing the Steelers was more it wouldn’t surprise me him suing anyone after the lovie smith stuff especially if for some reason he got let go.

Advertisement
IF Flores loved Too so much why was he pushing to get Watson this past season? All reports say that it was Ross who nixed it. Flores may have liked Tua coming out of college but once he got him in the fold he may have realized Tua wasn't it

FYI, I don’t think Ross is racist or fired Flores based on race. I think the longer term concern is if Flores can prove Ross wanted to lose games. Now the tanking method of collecting draft picks makes sense. But with gambling such a big and open part of football, any hint of teams not trying to win is a big problem. The right way to tank is to have the GM trade away the best players for picks. That way the coach loses regardless of efforts to win.
I agree with that and def don’t think Ross was tanking to win bets or anything like that the guy just wants to win. I hope he wasn’t stupid enough to actually offer money, but that is not what the lawsuit is actually about. Think that would have to be determined by an nfl investigation. What happens to Flores if he actually took money? What happens if Flores only evidence is his friend from highschool who was on the staff. A lot of people jumping to conclusions without much facts at this point imo. What I will say is Ross is goi g to have the best lawyers money can buy representing him. These same type of lawyers got robert Kraft off when he was caught red handed in a jerk off shop. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the same for Ross.

IF Flores loved Too so much why was he pushing to get Watson this past season? All reports say that it was Ross who nixed it. Flores may have liked Tua coming out of college but once he got him in the fold he may have realized Tua wasn't it
Think it’s pretty obvious he didn’t like Tua at the very least this past season, but possibly longer. I don’t know if any player could succeed in the situation Tua was in though. Between the oline, lack of run game in an RPO offense, injuries to playmakers, and 3 OCs in two years I don’t know if any QB could have succeeded

Advertisement
Advertisement
Think it’s pretty obvious he didn’t like Tua at the very least this past season, but possibly longer. I don’t know if any player could succeed in the situation Tua was in though. Between the oline, lack of run game in an RPO offense, injuries to playmakers, and 3 OCs in two years I don’t know if any QB could have succeeded
Point taken, but Tua is limited. Short, injury prone who has a noodle arm that can't throw past 20 yards. I think his success at Alabama had more to do with the talent around him, and less to do with his skill set. Tua's shortcomings limit play calling in the NFL. With all their faults on the offensive side, it'd be tough for any OC to find success with Tua at QB.

If Ross was a racist he would of not hire Flores in the first place.I think flores firing has to do with him and the owner having problems,just common sense

This is what the lawsuit says specifically about the Dolphins.

14. In January 2022, Mr. Flores, who spent three years as the Head Coach of Defendant Miami Dolphins, Ltd. (the “Dolphins” or “Miami”), found himself without a job. He was fired by the Dolphins after leading the team to its first back-to-back winning seasons since 2003. The purported basis for his termination was alleged poor collaboration. In reality, the writing had been on the wall since Mr. Flores’ first season as Head Coach of the Dolphins, when he refused his owner’s directive to “tank” for the first pick in the draft. Indeed, during the 2019 season, Miami’s owner, Stephen Ross, told Mr. Flores that he would pay him $100,000 for every loss, and the team’s General Manager, Chris Grier, told Mr. Flores that “Steve” was “mad” that Mr. Flores’ success in winning games that year was “compromising [the team’s] draft position.”

15. After the end of the 2019 season, Mr. Ross began to pressure Mr. Flores to recruit a prominent quarterback in violation of League tampering rules. Mr. Flores repeatedly refused to comply with these improper directives. Undeterred, in the winter of 2020, Mr. Ross invited Mr. Flores onto a yacht for lunch. Shortly after he arrived, Mr. Ross told Mr. Flores that the prominent quarterback was “conveniently” arriving at the marina. Obviously, Mr. Ross had attempted to “set up” a purportedly impromptu meeting between Mr. Flores and the prominent quarterback. Mr. Flores refused the meeting and left the yacht immediately. After the incident, Mr. Flores was treated with disdain and held out as someone who was noncompliant and difficult to work with.

16. From that point forward, Mr. Flores was ostracized and ultimately he was fired. He was subsequently defamed throughout the media and the League as he was labeled by the Dolphins brass as someone who was difficult to work with. This is reflective of an all too familiar “angry black man” stigma that is often casted upon Black men who are strong in their morals and convictions while white men are coined as passionate for those very same attributes.
So how is race related to his being fired by the dolphins then? None of this is racially based at all except a black head coach was involved and they throw in the “angry black man” comment in the end. This is my problem with the whole lawsuit: he is mixing all of the ways he feels wronged into a racial discrimination lawsuit, when most accusations don’t appear racial at all, let alone something you can prove . Unless you assume the dolphins fired him for something he wouldn’t do 3 years ago, and it was racially motivated. Unless you assume elway and others were hungover and they were because they didn’t take a black candidate seriously, even though they just had a black head coach. It’s all very flimsy, very difficult to prove and convoluted imo

Point taken, but Tua is limited. Short, injury prone who has a noodle arm that can't throw past 20 yards. I think his success at Alabama had more to do with the talent around him, and less to do with his skill set. Tua's shortcomings limit play calling in the NFL. With all their faults on the offensive side, it'd be tough for any OC to find success with Tua at QB.
This is the year we see bc I think he is in the offense that perfectly fits his skill set. Just spend every dime to make sure he is protected and has a run game this year. I am no Tua homer and am very critical but won’t write him off till he is put in a decent situation. He could be a brees type QB with proper development

Advertisement
Back