Brian Flores hired by Steelers as Def asst

But it is better in the long run that he did. The measured moderate approach never makes real change. His legal action has a much better chance. Gets everyone thinking and talking to start and fingers crossed that actions follow. Reminds me of Curt Flood and the reserve clause litigation in MLB. Suit failed but change happened.
Curt Flood was my first thought when I heard of the lawsuit. He never got the benefit of the lawsuit and was one of the top OFs in the game when he was traded.

Advertisement
Has there ever been a situation where a HC is fired after having back to back winning seasons? Mind you prior to Flores the Fins were not relevant at all and one of the worst franchises in all of American professional sports. And after getting fired only job he’s able to get is as a LB’s coach. If y’all don’t see something completely odd with that then I don’t know what to tell y’all. Seems like a lot of goofy $hi+ if you ask me

Has there ever been a situation where a HC is fired after having back to back winning seasons? Mind you prior to Flores the Fins were not relevant at all and one of the worst franchises in all of American professional sports. And after getting fired only job he’s able to get is as a LB’s coach. If y’all don’t see something completely odd with that then I don’t know what to tell y’all. Seems like a lot of goofy $hi+ if you ask me
Harbaugh was fired/let go after 4 winning seasons and a super bowl appearance because of his abrasive personality…and I thought San Francisco was tolerant.

Yes it happens and flores was fired for other reasons than record. The Fins made the playoffs with gase who was fired after three years as well. Brian flores is not a head coach because of Brian flores and no one else. Flores is lucky to have gotten any opportunities to coach this year. He is suing the entire NFL for something he doesn’t really have much claim or evidence of being true when it comes to his circumstance. Imo a guy like Eric Bielemy(KC) or Byron leftwhich who have interviewed multiple times and never been head coaches would be better fits for this lawsuit Flores is acting salty bc he lost his job and it has hurt his reputation and possibly cost him better jobs, it could have cost him his career.

Advertisement
Harbaugh was fired/let go after 4 winning seasons and a super bowl appearance because of his abrasive personality…and I thought San Francisco was tolerant.
I hear you but 49ers went backwards when Harbaugh got fired. Went from Super bowl contenders to 8-8 and missing the playoffs. Different trajectory then what we’ve seen from the Fins the last 3 years and few years prior to Flores coming here

I hear you but 49ers went backwards when Harbaugh got fired. Went from Super bowl contenders to 8-8 and missing the playoffs. Different trajectory then what we’ve seen from the Fins the last 3 years and few years prior to Flores coming here
As I said in last message gase Atleast made the playoffs. Flores first year was a crap shoot, second year he overachieved, third year he underachieved and had major problems with the front office, players, and coaches. If he wasn’t abrasive and had his current record he would have been given one more year to prove himself.

Correct me if I’m wrong but going back to my initial point, didn’t Gase and harbaugh both get HC positions after being fired? Flores didn’t get HC or cordinator spot, the “angry black man” is only good enough right now to be a positional coach. I just find it odd.

If Tomlin wasn’t a successful black HC, what are the chances he’d have been able to bring in Flores?

Flores is suing the dolphins for racial discrimination in their hiring practices. If They have a lot of black employees, I’d say that is much better evidence than what Flores has provided. Firing Flores and not hiring him for an open job doesn’t constitute racism, and he seems to think that it does. Also when was the last time Flores was fired? He hadn't in his entire 14 year nfl career u til the dolphins did so I don’t see any adversity he faced that would create a situation where he thought he was wronged. First time, and a lawsuit follows
This is what the lawsuit says specifically about the Dolphins.

14. In January 2022, Mr. Flores, who spent three years as the Head Coach of Defendant Miami Dolphins, Ltd. (the “Dolphins” or “Miami”), found himself without a job. He was fired by the Dolphins after leading the team to its first back-to-back winning seasons since 2003. The purported basis for his termination was alleged poor collaboration. In reality, the writing had been on the wall since Mr. Flores’ first season as Head Coach of the Dolphins, when he refused his owner’s directive to “tank” for the first pick in the draft. Indeed, during the 2019 season, Miami’s owner, Stephen Ross, told Mr. Flores that he would pay him $100,000 for every loss, and the team’s General Manager, Chris Grier, told Mr. Flores that “Steve” was “mad” that Mr. Flores’ success in winning games that year was “compromising [the team’s] draft position.”

15. After the end of the 2019 season, Mr. Ross began to pressure Mr. Flores to recruit a prominent quarterback in violation of League tampering rules. Mr. Flores repeatedly refused to comply with these improper directives. Undeterred, in the winter of 2020, Mr. Ross invited Mr. Flores onto a yacht for lunch. Shortly after he arrived, Mr. Ross told Mr. Flores that the prominent quarterback was “conveniently” arriving at the marina. Obviously, Mr. Ross had attempted to “set up” a purportedly impromptu meeting between Mr. Flores and the prominent quarterback. Mr. Flores refused the meeting and left the yacht immediately. After the incident, Mr. Flores was treated with disdain and held out as someone who was noncompliant and difficult to work with.

16. From that point forward, Mr. Flores was ostracized and ultimately he was fired. He was subsequently defamed throughout the media and the League as he was labeled by the Dolphins brass as someone who was difficult to work with. This is reflective of an all too familiar “angry black man” stigma that is often casted upon Black men who are strong in their morals and convictions while white men are coined as passionate for those very same attributes.

Advertisement
As I said in last message gase Atleast made the playoffs. Flores first year was a crap shoot, second year he overachieved, third year he underachieved and had major problems with the front office, players, and coaches. If he wasn’t abrasive and had his current record he would have been given one more year to prove himself.
I'd be abrasive if I was stuck with Tua after pleading for Herbert. The whole angry black man shtick is code. But it's easier to believe the billionaire owner.

May be on to something here with the personality thing. Hopefully the lawsuit goes to trial and ALL of the dirty laundry gets aired in a public manner. LOTS of whispers that Flo didn't play well with others. Actually, with next to no one.
And for the Flo supporters - how many cycles would he have needed to assemble an NFL-level staff on the offensive side of the ball? The management of Tua's first 2 years was sub-standard, AT BEST.
AND, the 'Fins with the worst OL in the league CUT 2 OL that move on to start for other franchises. Btw, Flo's OL coach was retained - as the ASST. OL coach under the new regime. Hmmm...telling?
Defensive genius? No doubt. But head coaches are responsible for a lot more than the defensive side of the ball.

I'd be abrasive if I was stuck with Tua after pleading for Herbert. The whole angry black man shtick is code. But it's easier to believe the billionaire owner.
every person who covers the dolphins says Flores wanted Tua or burrow so stop with that BS. It’s not just the billionaire owner it’s the GM, assistant coaches, and players. Get you head out your ***. He is an abrasive(angry) man and it cost him his job just like it has others in the nfl.

every person who covers the dolphins says Flores wanted Tua or burrow so stop with that BS. It’s not just the billionaire owner it’s the GM, assistant coaches, and players. Get you head out your ***. He is an abrasive(angry) man and it cost him his job just like it has others in the nfl.
False & Dumb.

Advertisement

Advertisement
May be on to something here with the personality thing. Hopefully the lawsuit goes to trial and ALL of the dirty laundry gets aired in a public manner. LOTS of whispers that Flo didn't play well with others. Actually, with next to no one.
And for the Flo supporters - how many cycles would he have needed to assemble an NFL-level staff on the offensive side of the ball? The management of Tua's first 2 years was sub-standard, AT BEST.
AND, the 'Fins with the worst OL in the league CUT 2 OL that move on to start for other franchises. Btw, Flo's OL coach was retained - as the ASST. OL coach under the new regime. Hmmm...telling?
Defensive genius? No doubt. But head coaches are responsible for a lot more than the defensive side of the ball.
Maybe it's not as much supporting Flores as it is disgust that Ross is intentionally tanking for draft position. If he's willing to do that, couldn't you picture him firing someone who doesn't do exactly what he says? What does that say to the people who buy tickets and merchandise? Give us your money and we'll try to lose the game in return?

Are you really going off something you just googled the Colin cowherd said 😂. Find a credible source man. You are making yourself look like and idiot. Every credible person who reports about the dolphins said Flores wanted burrow or Tua, some say he also like love over Herbert so just stop man.

Maybe it's not as much supporting Flores as it is disgust that Ross is intentionally tanking for draft position. If he's willing to do that, couldn't you picture him firing someone who doesn't do exactly what he says? What does that say to the people who buy tickets and merchandise? Give us your money and we'll try to lose the game in return?
You never heard of "tank for Tua"? Or how 'bout trade your cornerstone left tackle and deep threat receiver?

You never heard of "tank for Tua"? Or how 'bout trade your cornerstone left tackle and deep threat receiver?
Obviously, but that was supposed to be a joke. If not, the NFL would've investigated it then, not now.

Advertisement
Back