Brian Flores hired by Steelers as Def asst

Firing a coach for wining games isn’t racism, and hiring him in the first place isn’t racist. You don’t get to cherry pick to play your race card.
Considering I'm not making either of those arguments, it's not really cherry picking. My original response which bunched up so many panties:

Before Ross shafted him, did he have a history of claiming racism any time things didn't go his way?

If the answer is no, then maybe it's actually racism.

Do I need to point out the very obvious word?

Advertisement
It either is or isn't acceptable to intentionally lose games. The NFL says it isn't.
If you don’t see the gray area where teams make rosters really bad it is hard to win I don’t know what to tell you. The nfl doesn’t crack down on things like this it is only coming after the dolphins because a rogue coach is claiming he got paid which no one know if it is true. I seem to remember a booster years back who did a very similar thing to UM.

Considering I'm not making either of those arguments, it's not really cherry picking. My original response which bunched up so many panties:

Do I need to point out the very obvious word?
Im hoping the word is maybe. You also make a definitive statement he was shafted which is not true. Brian Flores seems like a person who makes excuses when it doesn’t go his way whether it be the race card or any other number of excuses that could be used. He is definitely showing that in some of the claims he has made in his lawsuit. Atleast he was humble enough to take a lber coach job bc alot of people with egos as big as his wouldn’t have taken the demotion. MAYBE he can build back his reputation with the Steelers but he has dug himself a very big hole to climb out of

If you don’t see the gray area where teams make rosters really bad it is hard to win I don’t know what to tell you. The nfl doesn’t crack down on things like this it is only coming after the dolphins because a rogue coach is claiming he got paid which no one know if it is true. I seem to remember a booster years back who did a very similar thing to UM.
It's a gray area because it's not acceptable. And punishing someone for not doing it is also unacceptable.

This is very much a case where it doesn't matter what happened, it's what can be proven.

Im hoping the word is maybe. You also make a definitive statement he was shafted which is not true. Brian Flores seems like a person who makes excuses when it doesn’t go his way whether it be the race card or any other number of excuses that could be used. He is definitely showing that in some of the claims he has made in his lawsuit. Atleast he was humble enough to take a lber coach job bc alot of people with egos as big as his wouldn’t have taken the demotion. MAYBE he can build back his reputation with the Steelers but he has dug himself a very big hole to climb out of
I said shafted because Flores turned a bad first half of the season into a good second half. This is where the pay to fail comes in. If he fired Flores because he came on strong at the end and hurt draft chances even though the season was almost certainly lost, it makes those 2019 accusations more relevant and looks like Flores was fired because he was too successful.

Advertisement
The risk isn’t worth the reward for a linebacker coach. Id be careful what you wish for, he will prob be suing the Steelers before it’s all said and done.

Side note I find it hilarious minkah Fitzpatrick and Flores are back on the same team. Also add in the supposedly racist comments from mason rudolph to Myles Garrett should be an entertaining situation.
Wow! Really? I can’t stop rolling my eyes.

I said shafted because Flores turned a bad first half of the season into a good second half. This is where the pay to fail comes in. If he fired Flores because he came on strong at the end and hurt draft chances even though the season was almost certainly lost, it makes those 2019 accusations more relevant and looks like Flores was fired because he was too successful.
Flores claims he was paid to fail in 2019. He was expected to win this past season, the dolphins don’t even own their own first round pick this year so losing on purpose would be stupid.

"And after getting fired only job he’s able to get is as a LB’s coach."
It happens all the time… consider all the former head coaches that get paid 40k a year to be analysts at bama. Plus you’re assuming that’s the only Job he could get, and not a lot of coaches end up with lateral positions right after they are fired.

And Jimmy Johnson could only get a tv job for 2 years after he was fired from the cowboys ! What a travesty… Even though that’s what happened, we all know that’s not true right?

Last edited:
Flores claims he was paid to fail in 2019. He was expected to win this past season, the dolphins don’t even own their own first round pick this year so losing on purpose would be stupid.
Did they trade theirs or the one they got from the 49ers? Because then a third party or parties might be upset at manipulating draft position.

Advertisement
Did they trade theirs or the one they got from the 49ers? Because then a third party or parties might be upset at manipulating draft position.
They traded theirs to move up for waddle and have San frans first this year and next year. The dolphins did not try to lose games this year. They had a roster that should have made the playoffs. Ross was ****ed after every loss especially to teams like the jags and falcons.

So They fired him 2-3 years later after he refused to lose? That’s a weak argument and case…

They traded theirs to move up for waddle and have San frans first this year and next year. The dolphins did not try to lose games this year. They had a roster that should have made the playoffs. Ross was ****ed after every loss especially to teams like the jags and falcons.
I'm not convinced that Ross really cares at all after 10 years of the same sht.

Advertisement
I'm not convinced that Ross really cares at all after 10 years of the same sht.
That’s not the case at all. All he wants is to win a super bowl before he dies. If he did actually pay to tank in 2019 it just shows how desperate he was to get the best player in that draft. The guy spends money like it is water(he does have plenty of it so not that big of a deal to him). Ross really wants to win and if you see when they pan to the owners box in games they are losing you can see how ****ed he is. He tries not to get involved and let the football guys he hired run the show, but the issue is he has made some pretty bad hires and imo stayed loyal to some inept guys like Chris Grier. Like I said my issue with Ross is not even close to his commitment to winning, it is him seeming like Michigan is more important than the dolphins last year and as a season ticket holder for both dolphins and hurricanes I was ****ed about the parking situation last year. I bring my autistic brother and elderly dad to these games and to make everyone walk over a mile to the stadium was ridiculous. I have paid with my sun pass to park in the yellow lot coming off the turnpike for years and to get an email about you can’t park there and parking passes are sold out the morning of the first game was BS.

That's to establish a pattern of unethical behavior.
Or maybe he wasn’t fired for what he is alleging…What’s the pattern btw? If you can’t link 2019 allegations with his firing in 2022, that’s not even the beginning of a pattern. And even if there was unethical behavior, ethics aren’t legislated.

Last edited:
That’s not the case at all. All he wants is to win a super bowl before he dies. If he did actually pay to tank in 2019 it just shows how desperate he was to get the best player in that draft. The guy spends money like it is water(he does have plenty of it so not that big of a deal to him). Ross really wants to win and if you see when they pan to the owners box in games they are losing you can see how ****ed he is. He tries not to get involved and let the football guys he hired run the show, but the issue is he has made some pretty bad hires and imo stayed loyal to some inept guys like Chris Grier. Like I said my issue with Ross is not even close to his commitment to winning, it is him seeming like Michigan is more important than the dolphins last year and as a season ticket holder for both dolphins and hurricanes I was ****ed about the parking situation last year. I bring my autistic brother and elderly dad to these games and to make everyone walk over a mile to the stadium was ridiculous. I have paid with my sun pass to park in the yellow lot coming off the turnpike for years and to get an email about you can’t park there and parking passes are sold out the morning of the first game was BS.
Firing the guy who went 5-11, 10-6, and 9-8 doesn't scream commitment to winning without having a home run hire to follow. Especially when the 9-8 season started 1-7.

I have no faith that the Dolphins will see a Super Bowl with Ross as owner.

Advertisement
Or maybe he wasn’t fired for what he is alleging…What’s the pattern btw? If you can’t link 2019 allegations with his firing in 2022, that’s not even the beginning of a pattern. And even if there was unethical behavior, ethics aren’t legislated.
No, but it establishes the character of the person you're suing. Especially when they claim you're the one that's difficult to get along with.

I have no idea why he was really fired, but fans saw improvement and felt it wasn't Flores that was the big problem. That says something.

Firing the guy who went 5-11, 10-6, and 9-8 doesn't scream commitment to winning without having a home run hire to follow. Especially when the 9-8 season started 1-7.

I have no faith that the Dolphins will see a Super Bowl with Ross as owner.
Dolphins had one of the easiest schedules in the nfl this year. Expectations were playoffs and close doesn’t count in this game. But it is widely known fact he wasn’t fired bc his record and more so bc his relationships within the organization.

I definitely agree he won’t see a Super Bowl, guy is in his 80s. At this point me at 30 think I’ll be lucky to see a super bowl. 😂

No, but it establishes the character of the person you're suing. Especially when they claim you're the one that's difficult to get along with.

I have no idea why he was really fired, but fans saw improvement and felt it wasn't Flores that was the big problem. That says something.
Again, this makes no sense. You’re more than implying he fired Flores because hes a racist if Ross was open to tanking games to improve his draft position, and that’s just ridiculous. You’re doing exactly what Flores is doing and that’s throwing non racial allegations out there in a racial discrimination suit and trying to tie them to discriminatory practices. Especially since Ross has a diverse organization. Questionable character, if true, still doesn’t equal racist hiring/firing practices

Last edited:
Again, this makes no sense. You’re more than implying he fired Flores because hes a racist if he’s open to tanking games to improve his draft position, and that’s just ridiculous. Especially since Ross has a diverse organization. Questionable character doesn’t equal racist hiring/firing practices
That's how lawsuits work. You weaken your opponent in any way possible. If they have completely unrelated detrimental information that might come out in discovery, they're more inclined to settle rather than pursue in court.

You establish a pattern of unethical activity and force the defense to say sure, but THIS TIME, he's the good guy.

Advertisement
Back