BREAKING: Francois out for season, Blackman to start

Advertisement
Manny Diaz should be fired if this stick figure isn't on a stretcher by halftime. Well not really.....but kinda. Like I said in another thread, this poor ******* makes Perry at his skinniest last year look like a LB.

View attachment 49664

Can you smell the blood in the water? They're throwing a little lamb out there to the wolves. I'm getting hard thinking about it.

This game is on Manny Diaz.

We need the Miami Manny Diaz from last year, not the "Texas" Manny Diaz we saw yesterday at Bethune. That "Manny" terrifies me and could get us beat. We don't need him auditioning for a job on the big stage. He needs to stop being cute and gimmicky and call a disciplined game. You don't need to blitz a million times with a true freshman QB. Keep it simple.

7 in the box to sell out on the run, corners on an island with bump and run coverage, pin your ears back and bring heat.

Why would you simplify the defense against a true freshman QB?

I say blitz. Confuse the **** out of him. Hit him in the mouth. Get in his head.

Because you have the talent to play straight up and a front seven that can get to after the QB. Also, we had trouble with Bethune yesterday with 50 million blitzes with a soft zone behind it. They threw quick passes in the direction of the blitz and it gave us problems, especially with the corners playing that far off.

Make the QB make accurate throws under pressure into tight windows. Play the WR's bump and run.

This game is on Coach Richt.

You guys wanna tear down Diaz because of Bethune, then fine continue overreacting to nothing.

But there's absolutely NO excuse for Richt to drop this one, literally not one.

This game is gift wrapped to us, Richt needs to get that big game monkey off his back & this is perfect for that.

If we lose to FSU (which I don't think we will) with a TF starting who just got on campus 2 months ago, that'll be a huge indictment on him.

With that said, I think we win pretty handily, Jumbo doesn't strike me as the type to let a TF QB throw 30+ times a game vs a huge in conference opponent.

Spot on. I'm still all in on Diaz but it's irrelevant either way (as you said). Big time coaches don't get to blame coordinators in situations like this. I think we're FINALLY going to reap the reward of actually having a big time coach again.

We need the Miami Manny Diaz from last year, not the "Texas" Manny Diaz we saw yesterday at Bethune. That "Manny" terrifies me and could get us beat. We don't need him auditioning for a job on the big stage. He needs to stop being cute and gimmicky and call a disciplined game. You don't need to blitz a million times with a true freshman QB. Keep it simple.

7 in the box to sell out on the run, corners on an island with bump and run coverage, pin your ears back and bring heat.

I say blitz. Confuse the **** out of him. Hit him in the mouth. Get in his head.

Exactly. Playing conservative gets you beat. Put 8 in the box and make him beat you.

Advertisement
This game is on Coach Richt.

You guys wanna tear down Diaz because of Bethune, then fine continue overreacting to nothing.

But there's absolutely NO excuse for Richt to drop this one, literally not one.

This game is gift wrapped to us, Richt needs to get that big game monkey off his back & this is perfect for that.

If we lose to FSU (which I don't think we will) with a TF starting who just got on campus 2 months ago, that'll be a huge indictment on him.

With that said, I think we win pretty handily, Jumbo doesn't strike me as the type to let a TF QB throw 30+ times a game vs a huge in conference opponent.

Not with that OLine, if he does he'll have to start a go fund me for an addition to the medical tent

I hope when Garvin gets a sack he looks at Pokemon and says "***** I'll be back 6 more times, if you last that long"

Exactly. Playing conservative gets you beat. Put 8 in the box and make him beat you.

Read my original post that he responded to. You're saying what I am saying. 7-8 in the box is what I want, and that is not conservative. There is a big difference between aggressive and being fundamentally sound, and being overly aggressive and gimmicky. Diaz can be prone to the latter. That's what we saw yesterday at BCC, and it's what got him canned at Texas

I don't want to see 50 million blitzes where guys on the defensive side of the ball might be prone to a mistake or a busted coverage (given it's a new secondary). We don't need that . We need 7 in the box to sell out on the run, corners on an island with bump and run coverage, and then let the dudes up front pin their ears back and bring heat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny Diaz should be fired if this stick figure isn't on a stretcher by halftime. Well not really.....but kinda. Like I said in another thread, this poor ******* makes Perry at his skinniest last year look like a LB.

View attachment 49664

How tall is this kid?

Jesus. May God have mercy on his soul.

20170903_192710.jpg

Because you have the talent to play straight up and a front seven that can get to after the QB. Also, we had trouble with Bethune yesterday with 50 million blitzes with a soft zone behind it. They threw quick passes in the direction of the blitz and it gave us problems, especially with the corners playing that far off.

Make the QB make accurate throws under pressure into tight windows. Play the WR's bump and run.

Normally I would agree with you, but not against a true freshman QB and a true freshman RB. Make them prove they know how to pick up the blitz. Normally it takes some time in a college system to learn how to do that.

Don't let them get by on raw talent. Don't let them get comfortable. Throw confusing **** at them and make them prove they understand their own offense.

This game about to be like the 2006 game. Terrible QB play and a whole lotta of defense. Miami 17-13. Unless one of the QB decide to be a hero and end up throwing the game away.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Normally I would agree with you, but not against a true freshman QB and a true freshman RB. Make them prove they know how to pick up the blitz. Normally it takes some time in a college system to learn how to do that.

Don't let them get by on raw talent. Don't let them get comfortable. Throw confusing **** at them and make them prove they understand their own offense.

The reason why I'd concerned with that approach is because we have a new secondary, and they can be prone to busted coverages. Our secondary played played very tentative yesterday (like they were afraid to make a mistake), and the guys was 10-15 yards off the ball ---giving gigantic cushions.

If we had Elder, Carter, Jenkins and Colbert I'd agree with you, 1000%. But I'm a little nervous about this Delaney and Mike Jackson

Advertisement
Back