Brandon Merriweather seems to think

I hope this is all on purpose.
Cause if it was me handling it I would leak so much misinformation out there that people would think the whole situation is being completely mishandled.
Unfortunately we do have a strong record of that and that’s what has the fanbase on the brink.

Advertisement
Manny and the powerful people behind him buy him one more year ….even with a new AD.

Oh …and he also says Mario ain’t coming partly because he is the HC in waiting for Alabama. TIFWIW

I agree that Manuela could be given another year. In fact any outstanding AD would at least want the option of seeing what he gas to work with, or fire immediately, but it should be his call.

There is no HC in waiting at Bama...goodness where do people come up with this. For sure there is a list of candidates to consider if Saban does tonight, tomorrow, next week, etc.

Read the thread. There are “gifted” posters who are literally disputing that. 15-0, bro.
I was never a 15-0 guy. I think my posting history speaks for itself — I just think it’s premature to fall for all these well-times “leaks.” There is a purpose behind these theatrics and I can smell it from a mile away.

💯%

No way on Earth would Bama’s boosters ever hire Mario as the successor to Saban. That’s old school good ole boy money that goes back to the Bear Bryant days, they’d rather forfeit an entire season than hire a Cubano or any Non-White man as their HC.

Dabo is the next in line once Saban retires, he’s from Birmingham, played WR for & started off his career coaching for Gene Stallings & Mike DuBose, before he got hired at Clemson by Tommy Bowden. He’s one of their own so he’ll get first refusal once the job finally opens up...

But in the event he doesn’t take the job (as it would be an insane amount of pressure on him), they’ll go get someone from the NFL from the Belichick tree.

I actually think Auburn would hire a Black HC before Bama ever would even consider it, AU already has a Black AD & they seem to be a more forward thinking program than Bama in terms of their view of bringing in outsiders.
Yeah Saban's heir will be Dabo. No question or doubt. People who act like he's a bum because of one down year are crazy. All that talk about "its easier in the ACC" or "Dabo has it made at Clemson" means absolutely nothing to him. Dabo has already won two titles at Clemson. He doesn't care about the path anymore. And Alabama is his dream job.

Do have to point out that I never thought I'd see Charlie Strong at Texas, which makes me think anything's possible... but we all know how that worked out. lol.. Alabama boosters would lose their **** if their HC isn't good ole boy Dabo.

Advertisement
I'm seriously confused as to why people think "I went to that school" outweighs "I'll make $100 million and lead a proven team with a proven athletic department and booster network for support". I don't know about this bama stuff, but Mario has to be on the list for the rest of the big jobs that open up anytime in the next few years. Not to mention, Nike...ah, Oregon won't be shy about offering him more when those guys come knocking.

Other schools can offer 658 things and all we've got is "hey, you went to school here!". It's not nothing, but it's also not much.
Other schools aren't located where his mother/family lives. So, that's one factor.

Advertisement
💯%

No way on Earth would Bama’s boosters ever hire Mario as the successor to Saban. That’s old school good ole boy money that goes back to the Bear Bryant days, they’d rather forfeit an entire season than hire a Cubano or any Non-White man as their HC.

Dabo is the next in line once Saban retires, he’s from Birmingham, played WR for & started off his career coaching for Gene Stallings & Mike DuBose, before he got hired at Clemson by Tommy Bowden. He’s one of their own so he’ll get first refusal once the job finally opens up...

But in the event he doesn’t take the job (as it would be an insane amount of pressure on him), they’ll go get someone from the NFL from the Belichick tree.

I actually think Auburn would hire a Black HC before Bama ever would even consider it, AU already has a Black AD & they seem to be a more forward thinking program than Bama in terms of their view of bringing in outsiders.
I'll agree with you that Auburn would hire a black coach before Alabama but we talking many many years in the future. They are a little more forward thinking because Bama fans are the majority of the state. And since Saban took over they let everyone in the state know it.
Contrary to popular belief, I don't think Dabo will be the next Bama coach. I think his luster will have worn off and I think Saban will get to appoint/give blessing for the new coach. I would believe it would be somebody from under his coaching tree previously. A name I would think may be Billy Napier if he takes a p5 job and can perform like he is at Lafayette. But many would want Dabo but nobody can discredit Saban pull. I liken it to Bobby Bowden giving his seal of approval with Jimbo Fisher.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny’s not coming back. New AD has to be given full autonomy over athletics. You tell anyone during the search that they can’t fire him, then you’re not hiring a real AD.

Which is not unlikely.

💯%

100% Auburn would hire a black man as a coach before Alabama. There literally is no question about this. Alabama will never hire a non-white in our lifetimes, or our children’s lifetimes.

Advertisement
Back