Brandon Merriweather seems to think

I can’t believe people actually think a retired mayor has that kind of pull.

Another CIS urban legend now treated as fact.
The problem is that all of the actual UM media members have confirmed it.
* Not that Sr strong armed the bot into keeping his son employed, but that he asked his friends on the board to try and let him finish the season.

Advertisement
I can’t believe people actually think a retired mayor has that kind of pull.

Another CIS urban legend now treated as fact.
Perhaps you overlooked the fact that he is the current chairman of the Florida Democrat party.

If this happens we either A) Lie to the incoming AD about the amount of control they will have over the program, 2) Hire one that is not insistent on control over the program or ©) Have chosen an AD that actually thinks Manny is the right guy for another year. None of those scenarios are acceptable to me.

/edit I guess there is the outside chance that this is smoke and mirrors to keep commits from leaving prior to signing day? But I doubt that.
I’m glad you’re back here. I wish you hadn’t had us delete the account as you are a tenured, solid poster for certain but still - welcome back.

Miami sports media? The only thing they can confirm is what they had for lunch, and even then that’s questionable.
Sure they can…. Oreos and peanut butter.. same thing every day.

Lake mentioned it in the AD take down article and in several Pods, as did Navarro. And you’re right, calling those guys “Miami sports media” is an insult to Miami, sports and the media.

Advertisement
I'll agree with you that Auburn would hire a black coach before Alabama but we talking many many years in the future. They are a little more forward thinking because Bama fans are the majority of the state. And since Saban took over they let everyone in the state know it.
Contrary to popular belief, I don't think Dabo will be the next Bama coach. I think his luster will have worn off and I think Saban will get to appoint/give blessing for the new coach. I would believe it would be somebody from under his coaching tree previously. A name I would think may be Billy Napier if he takes a p5 job and can perform like he is at Lafayette. But many would want Dabo but nobody can discredit Saban pull. I liken it to Bobby Bowden giving his seal of approval with Jimbo Fisher.
Jimbo.

If this happens we either A) Lie to the incoming AD about the amount of control they will have over the program, 2) Hire one that is not insistent on control over the program or ©) Have chosen an AD that actually thinks Manny is the right guy for another year. None of those scenarios are acceptable to me.

/edit I guess there is the outside chance that this is smoke and mirrors to keep commits from leaving prior to signing day? But I doubt that.
They are definitely worried that they’re gonna lose the young guys, and are trying to keep it from happening. It seems awfully misguided to me.

Perhaps you overlooked the fact that he is the current chairman of the Florida Democrat party.

I don’t want to see this thread go political and the party is irrelevant so with that said - he has influence being the head of one of the major parties in Florida and he has the ability to use connections to return favors for his request being met. It wouldn’t surprise me if he bought Junior another game or 2 to get through the season and then have a “parting of the ways”. I don’t know this as true just tht it wouldn’t surprise me a bit.

Yeah Saban's heir will be Dabo. No question or doubt. People who act like he's a bum because of one down year are crazy. All that talk about "its easier in the ACC" or "Dabo has it made at Clemson" means absolutely nothing to him. Dabo has already won two titles at Clemson. He doesn't care about the path anymore. And Alabama is his dream job.

Do have to point out that I never thought I'd see Charlie Strong at Texas, which makes me think anything's possible... but we all know how that worked out. lol.. Alabama boosters would lose their **** if their HC isn't good ole boy Dabo.

What’s crazier is Clemson still have a chance to win The Atlantic if they beat WF this Saturday & WF lose to BC the following week. Crazy.

Advertisement
I don’t want to see this thread go political and the party is irrelevant so with that said - he has influence being the head of one of the major parties in Florida and he has the ability to use connections to return favors for his request being met. It wouldn’t surprise me if he bought Junior another game or 2 to get through the season and then have a “parting of the ways”. I don’t know this as true just tht it wouldn’t surprise me a bit.
Politicians deal in quid pro quo. Doesn't matter the party, they are shameless horse traders. Of course he's calling in favors. Not sure it gets his son anything beyond what you suggest, but I do think that's possible.

That’s a position based on Machiavellian designs to try to turn Miami-Dade county. He’s literally a ballot puppet. Oh, and Stuart Miller looooves Manny Sr.

LOL

What kind of competent AD would keep Manny? Would the new AD not have full authority to make his own hire? If the school won’t give our new AD that option that could really ***** us up with our best options. 🚩🚩

Advertisement
Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they give Diaz another year if they win out including a bowl W.
Manny will never win a bowl game ever so no and also stop with this win out n he’s gone. He’s gone, he knows he’s gone, apparently you don’t but he’s gone.

Advertisement
Well he is head of Florida democrat party, and significant number of board members are Florida democrats. He’s also friends with two powerful billionaires Jorge Perez, and Mike Bloomberg.
Logic and facts don't work well on here kind sir... Let's just stick with her a retired mayor (like that doesn't mean he's got years worth of established connections behind him as well.)

💯%

No way on Earth would Bama’s boosters ever hire Mario as the successor to Saban. That’s old school good ole boy money that goes back to the Bear Bryant days, they’d rather forfeit an entire season than hire a Cubano or any Non-White man as their HC.

Dabo is the next in line once Saban retires, he’s from Birmingham, played WR for & started off his career coaching for Gene Stallings & Mike DuBose, before he got hired at Clemson by Tommy Bowden. He’s one of their own so he’ll get first refusal once the job finally opens up...

But in the event he doesn’t take the job (as it would be an insane amount of pressure on him), they’ll go get someone from the NFL from the Belichick tree.

I actually think Auburn would hire a Black HC before Bama ever would even consider it, AU already has a Black AD & they seem to be a more forward thinking program than Bama in terms of their view of bringing in outsiders.
Theres language in his contract in case Bama wants him, so theres that.

Advertisement
Back