Brandon Merriweather seems to think

Advertisement
I'm seriously confused as to why people think "I went to that school" outweighs "I'll make $100 million and lead a proven team with a proven athletic department and booster network for support". I don't know about this bama stuff, but Mario has to be on the list for the rest of the big jobs that open up anytime in the next few years. Not to mention, Nike...ah, Oregon won't be shy about offering him more when those guys come knocking.

Other schools can offer 658 things and all we've got is "hey, you went to school here!". It's not nothing, but it's also not much.

Advertisement
Like most situations, the truth is somewhere in the middle fellas. A lot of the opinions here are in part accurate.

It’s not a coincidence that our coaches last names are Diaz and DiMare. Like all colleges, the BoT/major boosters have influence. Manny senior absolutely lobbied and had influence in Manny hiring. Manny senior is a master politician. He also either has very strong relationships with some of the BoT or has pictures of them wearing diapers and being whipped by a **********.

Blake James is a glorified ticket salesman/fundraiser. Not a true AD. A fundraiser will be heavily influenced by those with the money. How much did that play in hiring Manny. I don’t know. But it was a certain factor.

There are still some BoT that are pulling for Manny to keep his job. I think that more has to do with senior than them thinking Manny is a good coach. At least I hope that’s the case

However …Manny senior’s influence runs only so deep. Junior is gone. He will not be here next year. The admin is dealing with pressure from a lot of areas and multiple variables. The buyout drops in a few weeks. Once we have an AD in place they can let them do the firing and distance themselves a touch, it may be a smoother situation with certain BoT if they let Manny finish out the year and have a bit more graceful finish than to hand him his walking papers with 2 games to go. Lot of variables.

Fear not my friends. We will have a new AD and coach in due time so we can get back to one big circle jerk drinking from the fountain of hope.

Brandon Merriweather may be a victim of CTE.
He does a radio spot up here and he is must listen to radio. The Big Bang Clock is the man! That said, I am not believing what he is stating one bit.

He was on this morning, his brilliance is magical.

I could not see Alabama hiring Cristobal to be their head coach. Wrong skin color. They would alienate a large percentage of their fan base if they hired him. I couldn't see Alabama or Auburn hiring any coach outside of the Caucasian race.
💯%

No way on Earth would Bama’s boosters ever hire Mario as the successor to Saban. That’s old school good ole boy money that goes back to the Bear Bryant days, they’d rather forfeit an entire season than hire a Cubano or any Non-White man as their HC.

Dabo is the next in line once Saban retires, he’s from Birmingham, played WR for & started off his career coaching for Gene Stallings & Mike DuBose, before he got hired at Clemson by Tommy Bowden. He’s one of their own so he’ll get first refusal once the job finally opens up...

But in the event he doesn’t take the job (as it would be an insane amount of pressure on him), they’ll go get someone from the NFL from the Belichick tree.

I actually think Auburn would hire a Black HC before Bama ever would even consider it, AU already has a Black AD & they seem to be a more forward thinking program than Bama in terms of their view of bringing in outsiders.

Advertisement
Díaz Sr. is literally on the sidelines of the FSU game but the mouth breathing crowd wants us to believe he has zero influence? FOH. Meanwhile, multiple credible people, who are plugged in, have expressed several times Daddy has been involved heavily from Diaz’s hiring to saving his job after the Virginia game. I’ll take their word over the 15-0 crowd. You don’t have to be a mayor or president to have power.
No one disputes Diaz Sr. is trying every trick in the book to save his son; that doesn’t mean it will work.

The intel from the majority of trustworthy posters on this board is that the number of BOT members who want change are overruling those who still support Diaz. This reeks of media manipulation on Sr’s part to trick people into believing there are more people in Manny’s corner than we all anticipated.

We need to hire an AD that is a smart Cuban American woman with huge bazookas and a nice round ^ss and scare the crap out of the ACC hierarchy. One wrong look or phrase and they lose their jobs and financial futures unless they give her whatever we want.

Advertisement
We need to hire an AD that is a smart Cuban American woman with huge bazookas and a nice round ^ss and scare the crap out of the ACC hierarchy. One wrong look or phrase and they lose their jobs and financial futures unless they give her whatever we want.
Going to need a sample picture for the purposes of CIS review and approval

Advertisement
No one disputes Diaz Sr. is trying every trick in the book to save his son; that doesn’t mean it will work.

The intel from the majority of trustworthy posters on this board is that the number of BOT members who want change are overruling those who still support Diaz. This reeks of media manipulation on Sr’s part to trick people into believing there are more people in Manny’s corner than we all anticipated.
Read the thread. There are “gifted” posters who are literally disputing that. 15-0, bro.

I could not see Alabama hiring Cristobal to be their head coach. Wrong skin color. They would alienate a large percentage of their fan base if they hired him. I couldn't see Alabama or Auburn hiring any coach outside of the Caucasian race.

I don’t think he would choose living in Alabama over Miami or Oregon

Manny Sr wasn’t the mayor of Okee****ingchobee. He was the mayor of Miami. Lots of mayors of bigger cities have significant sway with influential people. This is not some crazed conspiracy theory. He may not be at the level of a Rahm Emanuel or a Giuliani as far as connections go but he is connected. I’m not saying that Sr is a major factor in all of this but to suggest that he’s a non-factor seems silly.

Advertisement
Back