Brandon Merriweather seems to think

Advertisement
Like most situations, the truth is somewhere in the middle fellas. A lot of the opinions here are in part accurate.

Itā€™s not a coincidence that our coaches last names are Diaz and DiMare. Like all colleges, the BoT/major boosters have influence. Manny senior absolutely lobbied and had influence in Manny hiring. Manny senior is a master politician. He also either has very strong relationships with some of the BoT or has pictures of them wearing diapers and being whipped by a **********.

Blake James is a glorified ticket salesman/fundraiser. Not a true AD. A fundraiser will be heavily influenced by those with the money. How much did that play in hiring Manny. I donā€™t know. But it was a certain factor.

There are still some BoT that are pulling for Manny to keep his job. I think that more has to do with senior than them thinking Manny is a good coach. At least I hope thatā€™s the case

However ā€¦Manny seniorā€™s influence runs only so deep. Junior is gone. He will not be here next year. The admin is dealing with pressure from a lot of areas and multiple variables. The buyout drops in a few weeks. Once we have an AD in place they can let them do the firing and distance themselves a touch, it may be a smoother situation with certain BoT if they let Manny finish out the year and have a bit more graceful finish than to hand him his walking papers with 2 games to go. Lot of variables.

Fear not my friends. We will have a new AD and coach in due time so we can get back to one big circle jerk drinking from the fountain of hope.
For every Donor that wants to keep Manny.....there's 10 that want him out....

Other schools aren't located where his mother/family lives. So, that's one factor.
As fans, I think we prioritize optimism over the ā€œbusiness decisionā€ aspect of career choices, while I think coaches do the opposite.

What kind of competent AD would keep Manny? Would the new AD not have full authority to make his own hire? If the school wonā€™t give our new AD that option that could really ***** us up with our best options. šŸš©šŸš©
For every Donor that wants to keep Manny.....there's 10 that want him out....
Praise the Lord for that

Advertisement
Miami waited too long on Coker, Golden, Richt.

Extended Shannon after going 21-17 through 3 seasons.

Don't act like this in an impossibility.

Advertisement
Mannys daddy calling in a lot of favors and making a lot of promisesā€¦
suck my dick GIF

Like most situations, the truth is somewhere in the middle fellas. A lot of the opinions here are in part accurate.

Itā€™s not a coincidence that our coaches last names are Diaz and DiMare. Like all colleges, the BoT/major boosters have influence. Manny senior absolutely lobbied and had influence in Manny hiring. Manny senior is a master politician. He also either has very strong relationships with some of the BoT or has pictures of them wearing diapers and being whipped by a **********.

Blake James is a glorified ticket salesman/fundraiser. Not a true AD. A fundraiser will be heavily influenced by those with the money. How much did that play in hiring Manny. I donā€™t know. But it was a certain factor.

There are still some BoT that are pulling for Manny to keep his job. I think that more has to do with senior than them thinking Manny is a good coach. At least I hope thatā€™s the case

However ā€¦Manny seniorā€™s influence runs only so deep. Junior is gone. He will not be here next year. The admin is dealing with pressure from a lot of areas and multiple variables. The buyout drops in a few weeks. Once we have an AD in place they can let them do the firing and distance themselves a touch, it may be a smoother situation with certain BoT if they let Manny finish out the year and have a bit more graceful finish than to hand him his walking papers with 2 games to go. Lot of variables.

Fear not my friends. We will have a new AD and coach in due time so we can get back to one big circle jerk drinking from the fountain of hope.
I don't think most people here know blakes background. That is literally what he is and what he came here for. He was known for his ability to raise funds. Never really saw that as being valid myself but is what it is now. He was absolutely pressured by Sr and certain board members to make it happen with Mandy. Now he died on that cross for those relationships. That's business for you.

Advertisement
I don't think most people here know blakes background. That is literally what he is and what he came here for. He was known for his ability to raise funds. Never really saw that as being valid myself but is what it is now. He was absolutely pressured by Sr and certain board members to make it happen with Mandy. Now he died on that cross for those relationships. That's business for you.

This canā€™t be true. Heā€™s a former mayor. He doesnā€™t have any pull any more. Dads stand on the sidelines all the time.

Our athletic department has suffered for it. Blake didnt have the expertise or experience of an AD. All of those infrastructure issues that we are lacking that @LuCane mentioned in his thread, Blake had no idea how to deal with, improve to get us at least on par with the rest of the big boys, let alone have any vision of how to be creative and imagine new innovative ideas.

All I heard was that he did a great job fundraising. I actually look at it as the opposite. If he knew how to truly build and support our athletic programs and we were winning, he would have raised more money than he did. So to me, he left a lot of money on the table that could have been raised during his tenure.

A real AD can do both successfully here.

Brandon lead with his helmet a little too often

Advertisement
Honestly wouldnā€™t surprise me if they give Diaz another year if they win out including a bowl W.
When your remaining games are a pathetic VT, a dismal Duke, and a bowl game played in sunny Alaska in mid December, winning out means jack crap.

That FSU loss destroyed any chance of using the whole winning out argument.

When your remaining games are a pathetic VT, a dismal Duke, and a bowl game played in sunny Alaska in mid December, winning out means jack crap.

That FSU loss destroyed any chance of using the whole winning out argument.
My reasoning is if they miss on lane and Mario and just decide to punt on the coaching search for another year instead of committing to someone they donā€™t love

Advertisement
Back