Brandon Merriweather seems to think

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If this happens we either A) Lie to the incoming AD about the amount of control they will have over the program, 2) Hire one that is not insistent on control over the program or ©) Have chosen an AD that actually thinks Manny is the right guy for another year. None of those scenarios are acceptable to me.

/edit I guess there is the outside chance that this is smoke and mirrors to keep commits from leaving prior to signing day? But I doubt that.

Advertisement
It makes no sense giving Manny another year. The big reason is recruiting and contract length. How are you gonna give a coach one more year with a year left on his contract. How is he gonna recruit with a wait and see approach. He ain’t gonna go to a recruit and be like come to Miami and join me for the next 4 years and help me with a title? It’s dumb. You would need to give him an extension.

Advertisement
It makes no sense giving Manny another year. The big reason is recruiting and contract length. How are you gonna give a coach one more year with a year left on his contract. How is he gonna recruit with a wait and see approach. He ain’t gonna go to a recruit and be like come to Miami and join me for the next 4 years and help me with a title? It’s dumb. You would need to give him an extension.
The whole thing seems like some sort of PR thing floated by Manny's people. Not what Brandon is saying but what some news people have been saying.

Advertisement
Back