Brandon Merriweather seems to think

Díaz Sr. is literally on the sidelines of the FSU game but the mouth breathing crowd wants us to believe he has zero influence? FOH. Meanwhile, multiple credible people, who are plugged in, have expressed several times Daddy has been involved heavily from Diaz’s hiring to saving his job after the Virginia game. I’ll take their word over the 15-0 crowd. You don’t have to be a mayor or president to have power.

Advertisement
Díaz Sr. is literally on the sidelines of the FSU game but the mouth breathing crowd wants us to believe he has zero influence? FOH. Meanwhile, credible people, who are plugged in, have expressed several times Daddy has been involved heavily from Diaz’s hiring to saving his job after the Virginia game. I’ll take their word over the 15-0 crowd.
He's been on the sidelines at home games before. I remember him getting interviewed during one of our games. How could someone tell the HC their parent, significant other or child they can't be on the sideline. You guys are making that out to be way more than it is. Obviously he does have some influence being a former Miami mayor but he's not saving Manny's job. Blake was fired for a reason. Because he hired an awful coach in Manny. No AD worth a **** is coming here knowing he's saddle with a lame duck coach in Manny and a weak administration who was strong armed by a former mayor to keep his son lol This is laughable.

Advertisement
I hear the same.... His dad won't let him be fired...

If this is true, then no AD worth anything will bother interviewing with UM. This is not a very good AD gig to begin with, part of it being a very small athletic program and to have DiMare and now Diaz (allegely) calling shots as to who will coach those programs, then may as well have no real AD.

I can’t believe people actually think a retired mayor has that kind of pull.

Another CIS urban legend now treated as fa

I can’t believe people actually think a retired mayor has that kind of pull.

Another CIS urban legend now treated as fact.
Possibly coming from the same sad saps who believe some are powerful enough to steal elections....man this country is getting dumber by the seQond

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
He's been on the sidelines at home games before. I remember him getting interviewed during one of our games. How could someone tell the HC their parent, significant other or child they can't be on the sideline. You guys are making that out to be way more than it is. Obviously he does have some influence being a former Miami mayor but he's not saving Manny's job. Blake was fired for a reason. Because he hired an awful coach in Manny. No AD worth a **** is coming here knowing he's saddle with a lame duck coach in Manny and a weak administration who was strong armed by a former mayor to keep his son lol This is laughable.
Diaz was going to get fired after Virginia game. Daddy and a couple of BOT’s stepped up for Díaz to give him the rest of the season to give him a chance to fix everything and control the narrative to buy him another year. Thankfully, FSU ended that agenda. You can do what you want with that info.

Advertisement
LOL at Manny winning a bowl game.
Not saying it will happen, but I could see a situation where Mario says no and Miami gives manny another year if we finish 8-5, given how crazy the coaching carousel will be this year. Allows the new AD a year to truly get a grasp on the program and the problems it has. Yes manny is one of the biggest problems.

Advertisement
Back