Bracketology

theyre dying to get this overrated turniver machine young in the tourney wouldnt be surprised to see them squeek in with a couple conf tourney wins
Maybe. He was soo good at the beginning of the season but has struggled mightily in conference play and of late the last 10 games. I don't see them making it unless they win their tourney.

Advertisement
So reading the latest update from Lunardi and he has Miami as a 7 vs Alabama as a 10. Purdue is the 2 seed we could face in round 2. Now I think Miami should be higher but I don't think this includes VTech win yesterday. But he has Arizona State as a 9 on the rise. They have won One game in their last 5 and they have a green up arrow? Lol a 9 seed? They've been absolutely awful in the weak Pac 12! Lunardi is funny.

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?src=desktop

Advertisement
So reading the latest update from Lunardi and he has Miami as a 7 vs Alabama as a 10. Purdue is the 2 seed we could face in round 2. Now I think Miami should be higher but I don't think this includes VTech win yesterday. But he has Arizona State as a 9 on the rise. They have won One game in their last 5 and they have a green up arrow? Lol a 9 seed? They've been absolutely awful in the weak Pac 12! Lunardi is funny.

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?src=desktop

That is from before the games yesterday. Lunardi will probably have us moving back now to an 8.

The 12 seeds on bracket matrix are all scary as ****. Much rather play a weaker power 5 then one of the best mid majors.

That is from before the games yesterday. Lunardi will probably have us moving back now to an 8.
Yes they were before yesterday's game but there's no way he moves us back. Beating another tourney bound team warrants a move up. And I'm good being a 6th seed.

Advertisement
so what about UF warrants them being seeded a 5? i just don't see it given the conference they play in

I can’t explain the SEC at all. There is talk, especially from the dude above, that they will have 8-9 teams. How?

- no top 10 teams
- 3 in the top 25 and Kentucky shouldn’t be ranked

Advertisement
I don't get the B12 love either! Seems like people are doing what they can to build up the SEC and the B12. SEC played well and the ACC did not last year (overall), but the ACC always plays well in the NCAA tourney.

This is the weakest KU team there has been in recent years and they steamrolled the B12 again... yet it is supposed to be the toughest conference.

The National Champ from last year, whose BPI is 7th in the country, just locked up the 6 seed in the ACCT. I don't get it!

I'm not sure ND wasn't better than Texas, OU, OSU, and K St without Bonzie and now he is back.

I don't get the B12 love either! Seems like people are doing what they can to build up the SEC and the B12. SEC played well and the ACC did not last year (overall), but the ACC always plays well in the NCAA tourney.

This is the weakest KU team there has been in recent years and they steamrolled the B12 again... yet it is supposed to be the toughest conference.

The National Champ from last year, whose BPI is 7th in the country, just locked up the 6 seed in the ACCT. I don't get it!

I'm not sure ND wasn't better than Texas, OU, OSU, and K St without Bonzie and now he is back.

The BIG 12 doesn’t make sense either. I think they have 3 teams in the top 25 (KU, TT and WVU).

Unlike the SEC, the BIG 12 has a top 10 team (KU) and close to 2 (TT).

they can't have OU still making the tournament, can they? if any other team would have ended the way they did, they wouldn't be close

Advertisement

Some great points, mw. I'm with you on ND with Bonzie back. If they win a couple of games in the ACC tourney -- and they should have a nice crowd of supporters in NYC -- IMO they should get in over a number of the mediocre SEC/Big 12 teams.

The team that makes no sense to me is Alabama. What on earth have they done to merit any discussion as a tourney team.

In general, I don't support putting in teams that have a losing record in conference, unless there are extenuating circumstances (e.g., injury to a significant player that has returned; great OOC or road success; etc.). Yet, three of the four 8-10 Big 12 teams (Baylor, Texas, and Oklahoma) are being discussed, as is 8-10 Alabama.

I would argue that Louisville (who lost @ Purdue, Seton Hall, and @ Kentucky OOC, and the top ACC teams) deserves the nod more than any of these other teams. I know they lack a top quality win (0-8 v. Top 25 RPI teams), but why is that more important that beating the teams that you are supposed to beat to finish at .500 in conference.

The BIG 12 doesn’t make sense either. I think they have 3 teams in the top 25 (KU, TT and WVU).

Unlike the SEC, the BIG 12 has a top 10 team (KU) and close to 2 (TT).

Good, I'll take as many overblown teams in the tournament as possible. I'd like us to get to the second weekend for sure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back