Bracketology

Yes UNC had a great season in and out of the ACC but they finished season losing 2 in a row and usually that'll knock you down more than 3 spots in the rankings. The rankings are all about what you have done lately. UNC doesn't have any bad losses in conference but their worst loss of the season is at home vs Wofford. Way worse than any loss we have had this season. Just wanted to point that out.
Yeah that's true. Maybe they should be like 14-15 then.

Advertisement
Maybe because they have one good win on the season... Gonzaga. They haven't beaten anyone else worth mentioning. They just lost in their conference tourney and didn't even make the finals. They're a solid team but they don't have the greatest resume.

Ok, that is fair.....And when the new rankings come out they will probably fall out. They lost on Monday after the rankings already came out.

Ok, that is fair.....And when the new rankings come out they will probably fall out. They lost on Monday after the rankings already came out.
Right. They will probably fall out. They haven't beaten anyone good except Gonzaga and it was on the road so definitely impressive. St Mary's is always in the tournament it seems and they've won some games once there. But the resume is not impressive.

Right. They will probably fall out. They haven't beaten anyone good except Gonzaga and it was on the road so definitely impressive. St Mary's is always in the tournament it seems and they've won some games once there. But the resume is not impressive.

It's about as impressive as any team from those conferences can be...and teams like that with a little bit of name recognition and a gaudy 28-3 record (at the time) are going to get love at the bottom of the polls that don't really mean anything.

There is a reason that Lunardi has them and St. Bonaventure at 10 seeds despite being ranked. Committee actually does a very good job of parsing through the data to fairly seed teams, where the polls are done by voters who quickly fill out a card with very little research.

Advertisement
still shocked how OU can be this bad (lost 12 of their 16 or something) and have their early wins vs Kansas and TT (to an extent USC) carry them through.

still shocked how OU can be this bad (lost 12 of their 16 or something) and have their early wins vs Kansas and TT (to an extent USC) carry them through.

I was surprised to see OU still in tourny talk as well. They been getting blown out most games I see.

Advertisement
I was surprised to see OU still in tourny talk as well. They been getting blown out most games I see.

yeah i get their resume from the early wins, but man they're a **** team regardless of who they beat early on. they haven't really been close in a lot of their losses and just haven't at all really for the last 2 months of the season. i think the tournament wants to put young in there and hope he becomes steph curry part 2

yeah i get their resume from the early wins, but man they're a **** team regardless of who they beat early on. they haven't really been close in a lot of their losses and just haven't at all really for the last 2 months of the season. i think the tournament wants to put young in there and hope he becomes steph curry part 2

Bingo because if they didn't have him and just had that record, they wouldn't be considered.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back