Bracketology

Advertisement
We hadn't beaten (until last night) any team of real note. And, no, MTSU -- as good as they are -- does not count as a signature win. Throw some bad losses in there and you've got your answer.

“Signature win” is not a defined term. It depends what people define it as.

I think everyone would agree beating a top 10 RPI/Ranking, especially this late in the season, would be considered one regardless

Advertisement
“Signature win” is not a defined term. It depends what people define it as.

I think everyone would agree beating a top 10 RPI/Ranking, especially this late in the season, would be considered one regardless
You're right. It's sort of defined as "you know one when you see one." That's why MTSU, though ranked, is not really one. Beating a traditional powerhouse and winner of multiple NCs is always one!

beat vt we are a 6 seed imo. and if we hit the finals of the acct then we are no less than a 5 seed. win it we are probably a 4.

Yep! Boy, how things changed with one shot (and a great overall game)! Now if we can just carry the momentum into saturday. Win that, and we enter the Tourney playing for a 5 seed.

I was worried that we lose to UNC, and VT becomes a must win to even get into the tourney.

Advertisement
But as is common on a Miami board, how interesting would this season and this team's development have been if Brown had not been injured. Of course, one could argue the freshmen wouldn't have grown so fast. But on the other hand, will playing so much lead them to hitting a wall. Oh the uncertainties of fandom.

Yep! Boy, how things changed with one shot (and a great overall game)! Now if we can just carry the momentum into saturday. Win that, and we enter the Tourney playing for a 5 seed.

I was worried that we lose to UNC, and VT becomes a must win to even get into the tourney.
I don't really want to be a 5 seed. 12 5 upsets happen too often for me to want to be a 5 seed lol. Although it seems that that upset has calmed down the last few years. But still I'd be fine being a 6.

We've beaten some solid teams such as Middle Tenn, FSU, LVille, NCState and VTech. Our losses aren't even that bad... Not like many other teams out there. New Mexico St is 24 and 5 and not a bad loss. Losses on the road in conference aren't considered bad even at GTech and BC.
Syracuse at home hurt but they're a bubble team so not a bad loss. Our resume isn't amazing but it isn't bad either. This win at UNC was huge and put us into the Tourney.

How can you say that road losses in conference play aren't bad and then turn around and say losing at home to the 10th ranked team in the division isn't bad either.

How can you say that road losses in conference play aren't bad and then turn around and say losing at home to the 10th ranked team in the division isn't bad either.
Because winning on the road anywhere isn't easy and Syracuse is a legit bubble team. It isn't like they're Pitt who has zero wins in acc. The acc is so close from 3 to 11 only separated by a few games. Syracuse was a game we should have won but you know we can't beat the zone. It's not really a bad loss.

Advertisement
Because winning on the road anywhere isn't easy and Syracuse is a legit bubble team. It isn't like they're Pitt who has zero wins in acc. The acc is so close from 3 to 11 only separated by a few games. Syracuse was a game we should have won but you know we can't beat the zone. It's not really a bad loss.

I guess we have to agree to disagree.

Advertisement
Miami is more athletic than 95% of the teams we play, it was very apparent in the unc game as well. No team should want to see the canes if everything is clicking

Advertisement
Back