Bracketology

We have a solid road ACC win and move down a seed.....makes sense.

We don’t have a single win over a team currently ranked in the top 25. That’s terrible. So yes, it does make sense.

Plenty of time to get or seed higher, but we missed huge opportunities with clemson and Duke.

Not sure I would say it's terrible, but we also just haven't played many Top 25 teams. The average record of the Top 10 teams (in RPI) is 2.2 - 1.0 against Top 25 (RPI) teams, and the average record of Teams 11-20 against Top 25 teams is 1.2 - 2.3. So, both groups have averaged at least 3 games, and either one or two wins. If Minnesota hadn't fallen apart, we would be right there with the second group. But it's not that fatal, by itself, that we have losses to the #1 and #6 RPI teams.

Advertisement
Up to a 6 seed from Lunardi. I honestly think he just forgot about us last week after the Louisville win haha we moved up after FSU loss and again after a win over ****** Pitt.

Advertisement
Feb 1: 6 seed vs. Marquette

Marquette has 2 guards who can flat out score, but if we get Brown back (fully healthy) I think his defensive presence would help stymie their guard-heavy offense. We definitely have the advantage inside, and it would be a revenge game from 2013

Marquette has 2 guards who can flat out score, but if we get Brown back (fully healthy) I think his defensive presence would help stymie their guard-heavy offense. We definitely have the advantage inside, and it would be a revenge game from 2013

I would not count on Brown being back. If he is back, he will not be fully healthy. This is from a non-medical “expert” who didn’t personally examine Brown.

I would not count on Brown being back. If he is back, he will not be fully healthy. This is from a non-medical “expert” who didn’t personally examine Brown.

The tough part is the timing of his return. Coming back for the NCAA's will just mess up whatever chemistry has formed in the interim.

You do realize that the likelihood of us facing Marquette in the first round of the NCAAT is close to zero, right?

Advertisement

The tough part is the timing of his return. Coming back for the NCAA's will just mess up whatever chemistry has formed in the interim.

I agree. Maybe he comes off the bench, if he does come back.

Advertisement
2/19 Bracketology has us a 9 seed after the 3 game losing streak. So, after all this ****, we're still not on the bubble. Now, keep losing and we will be, but it's not officially panic time yet.

Advertisement
I'll take making the tournament but I really don't like the #8 spot. Hoping we make a little noise in the ACCT to get us up to a 6, I think that is the money spot for teams like us.

We have two games left in which we will be the favorite (during the regular season). Win both and I think we’re a 7 without any help in the ACCT.

Just beat BC next game. Let’s stop moving backwards.

Still an 8 seed as of today according to Lunardi. Win two of the next three and we are in regardless of ACCT.

This really isn't a Miami post, per se.

I've noticed that many of the "experts" have roughly the following (in terms of conference teams in the NCAAT):

ACC: 9-10 Teams
SEC: 8-9 Teams
Big 12: 8-9 Teams

In addition, the following teams have the worst conference records in those conferences:

ACC: FSU 8-8 (7th Seed)

SEC: TAMpon 7-9 (7th seed)

Big 12: Texas 7-10 (11th Seed) [Keep in mind OU is 7-9 (9th Seed) and Baylor is 7-9 (12th Seed)]

-------------------------

Does anyone question that the ACC is the best conference? As it stands today, the ACC has 3 teams ranked in the top 10.

SEC has 0 teams ranked in the top 10.

Big 12 has 1 team ranked in the top 10 (KU).

Advertisement
Back